Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thomas Mckee

Agitation
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:58:09 pm »
Im looking for: sebo duo, oreck orbiter and a standard speed rotary machine with drive pad. Anyone selling???? Cash waiting  ;D  must be in good condition  ::)

AshWhite

Re: Agitation
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:20:41 am »
Check the For Sale section..

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=148257.0

Personally, I'd rather a CRB to a Sebo Duo & Rotary..
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:04 am »
Whats your budget Tam?

Kev Loomes

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:41:09 pm »
Thomas

You wouldnt need the Duo if you get an Oreck aswell. The Oreck will do far better than the Duo anyway, so you would be wasting your money on one 8)

Cheers

Kev

garybristow

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:26:03 pm »
who stocks oreck??
gary

AshWhite

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:00:29 pm »
Are there any Floormac users on here?

We have had a few back recently that are snapping the welds on the posts of the main drive plate.

Some are being replaced under warranty some aren't.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:15:57 pm »
How does the Oreck Orbiter compare to a CRB system when it comes to agitation then?

Tony

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »
My Dad has an Oreck Orbiter for oiling his wood at home. It is far slower at covering floor space than a CRB.

I have to say I havent compared the 2 on carpet.

I have a Floormac in for repair going back end of the week.

Will run a mini test if I get a spare 15 mins tomorrow.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
How does the Oreck Orbiter compare to a CRB system when it comes to agitation then?

Tony

Very well Tony, its very close - but they are 2 completely different systems so can never really be compared like for like.

The Oreck is a quality bit of kit and used with the right pad gives terrific results. It can be used on stairs, is the perfect size for domestics only, is far far better than a Duo and very versatile. You can pad areas in a domestic, you can even do maintenance pad cleans inbetween full cleans (including Encap), and the unit itself requires hardly any cleaning. You can even do sanding of wood floors (although I never have as I dont do wood). It gets you out of trouble too, if your machine breaks down 5 mins before you finish, you can get away with padding to finish the job. Its also about a quarter of the price of a CRB.

Dont get me wrong, CRB's are great but they can only agitate.

Cheers

Kev

p.s. I know it sounds corny, but using the Oreck - I often see marks and soiled areas disappear, and I do mean disappear before my eyes. That never happened when I used a Duo years ago.

AshWhite

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »
CRB's can only agitate? You sure about that, Kev?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:34 pm »
Intresting, thanks Kev.
Which scrubbing brush would you recommend  out of the three available for the Oreck?

Jamie, would like to hear the results once you've done the test.

cheers
Tony

Kev Loomes

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »
CRB's can only agitate? You sure about that, Kev?

Dam, I knew I would get picked up on that! Ok I was generalising a bit, we know you can also do dry compound, encap, LM (although I think for LM and encap rotary is better) and hard floor scrubbing with a CRB.

Note to self: dont miss anything out otherwise you'll probably get your butt kicked! ;D

Cheers

Kev

AshWhite

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 10:50:02 pm »
Lol no worries.

I've only tried encap a few times, but I prefer the CRBs results compared to a rotary (at least to the lighter rotary I was using). I am, however, massively drawn to a more heavy duty OP machine - and maybe an Oreck XL for stairs.

I tell you what I used for the first time today which I love (for domestics) is a 20cm rotowash - the footprint is marginally smaller than a Duo, but it weighs much more (although you can carry it in one hand). It was absolutely perfect for a retirement home/chalet job I had today.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »
Intresting, thanks Kev.
Which scrubbing brush would you recommend  out of the three available for the Oreck?

Jamie, would like to hear the results once you've done the test.

cheers
Tony

None 8) Its all about pads Tony. Used to use white floor pads but they flatten and wear quickly, although they are cheap. The best thing to use is an RX pad from Nick in cornwall sewn on to a decent pad - I use the acrylic loop pile pads that are made for the Oreck. The RX pad lasts forever.

Cheers

Kev

jim mca

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 10:57:01 pm »
Kev

Did you cut down the rx or use it full size

Jim

Ps are we allowed to mention cm

Kev Loomes

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »
Lol no worries.

I've only tried encap a few times, but I prefer the CRBs results compared to a rotary (at least to the lighter rotary I was using). I am, however, massively drawn to a more heavy duty OP machine - and maybe an Oreck XL for stairs.

I tell you what I used for the first time today which I love (for domestics) is a 20cm rotowash - the footprint is marginally smaller than a Duo, but it weighs much more (although you can carry it in one hand). It was absolutely perfect for a retirement home/chalet job I had today.

I agree Ash, the Rotowash certainly is good and if I had to choose between that and a Duo, it would be the rotowash everytime. Without being disrespectful to anyone who uses a Duo, I found it to be pants tbh.

Cheers

Kev

Kev Loomes

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:54 pm »
Kev

Did you cut down the rx or use it full size

Jim

Ps are we allowed to mention cm

Cut down Jim.

With regard to CM I am not allowed to mention it myself or push the product - but I have been told that I can answer if someone posts a question. And I think that is fair enough tbh.

Cheers

Kev

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:02 pm »
Are there any Floormac users on here?

We have had a few back recently that are snapping the welds on the posts of the main drive plate.

Some are being replaced under warranty some aren't.

I've got a floormac, great little domestic machine but the welds do go, in particular the ones that hold the handle to the drive plate, cost me a fiver for a welder to tac them both tight (and about £30 trying to do it myself with various welding resins lol)

The floormac and oreck etc are great for post buffing but not a very good aggitation machine imo, combined with a duo they can be a great tool.

rotowash is a cut above though
Www.2venturegroup.com