Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

How long?
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:08:00 pm »
Had a custie text me yesterday saying that she was disappointed with finish of her windows. I cleaned them on Tuesday along with her two next door neighbours who haven't complained. Therefore my question is how long is a reasonable time for a custie to leave it before complaining?
I'm going back to redo them but deep down I don't think it was wfp that caused it. More likley the weather!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

ben M

Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »
2 mn!  ;D ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »
Had a custie text me yesterday saying that she was disappointed with finish of her windows. I cleaned them on Tuesday along with her two next door neighbours who haven't complained. Therefore my question is how long is a reasonable time for a custie to leave it before complaining?
I'm going back to redo them but deep down I don't think it was wfp that caused it. More likley the weather!!

we'd just trust them and go back. even if it was a couple of weeks after.  it doesn't happen much so just be thankful she's let you know at all, rather than just cancelled.

if it was happening with the same client regularly then its a different matter
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:17:44 pm »
If a customer is not happy with the clean,  it is good business sense to go back and redo the job.

Time difference is not an issue.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »
check the windows when you go back and get her to point out which windows shes not happy with.invariably ive found out that its on the inside or the seals blown on the offending window.

if its spotting find out where its coming from then you can adjust your technique next time or trad that particular window.
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:05 am »
I'd agree with all of the above. first see what the marks are....tho I've gone back before and 'the rain must have washed it off'!

if it happens regularly and customer taking the pee might consider dropping, but give benefit of doubt. I'd have thought should get in touch within 24 hours ideally.

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:02:48 am »
They have to complain before they pay, or not at all

if it is dirty it is fair game

Klean07

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:20:35 am »
Good advice thanks. Though as a footnote I'll just say that on the day I did her windows I also took my car to the local car wash. However the very next morning there were all spots over the glass it looked awefull. Though we did have some rain overnight. So I was thinking maybe the same may have happened here.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »
Good advice thanks. Though as a footnote I'll just say that on the day I did her windows I also took my car to the local car wash. However the very next morning there were all spots over the glass it looked awefull. Though we did have some rain overnight. So I was thinking maybe the same may have happened here.
You would expect spots on the glass from a car wash because they don't use pure,n a wouldn't mention the rain causing it,if you turn up to clean her windows the next time and it's rainin,she will not be pleased.

colley614

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »
You would expect spots on the glass from a car wash because they don't use pure,n a wouldn't mention the rain causing it,if you turn up to clean her windows the next time and it's rainin,she will not be pleased.

I would just go have a look and put them right if there is anything wrong. If there's nothing wrong just do them, bite your lip and we can all have a good whing about her on her without her knowing  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »
DUMP :D,someone had to say it ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 06:01:23 pm »
DUMP :D,someone had to say it ;D
and ive just picked up 2 new ones. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »
If a customer is not happy with the clean,  it is good business sense to go back and redo the job.

Time difference is not an issue.

yep ,

but i would get her to point to the areas which are effected and tell her you will correct any reasonable issues for example a tiny bead is within reason but a long one will need to be re cleaned re flushed and if it still doesn't improve clean the glass without touching the top pvc rubber,

i would explain that pure water cant leave marks and that next time you will correct its only down to what's around the window really and window rubbers.

Klean07

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 09:17:39 am »
Cheers for replies. I'm going back there today so I'll be able to see what situation is etc.