Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
If a customer asked me to clean the insides and I had to say "No sorry I don't know how to use a squeegee." I would look a complete prat and rightly so.  :-X
You say: sorry i am too busy, i don't do the insides!

tom cronin

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »
Id get canvassing now mate, if youre starting cleaning in april, youll have loads of custom by then. Just work out the dates so the custys have a rough idea of when youll be starting them.

this is the best advice on here.  business is all about sales, so the sooner you get some clients booked in, the sooner you'll get cash.  its very easy to spend money on your business with the promise of future rewards.

stop 'planning' and start getting some clients.  otherwise you re in danger of being a dreamer.

you can book cleans in up to 4 weeks in advance without problems.

good luck.  :)

I agree, up to 4 weeks no problem, standard practise really. Never a problem.

gary999

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »
i was trad for a couple of yrs and wfp since 2006 i havent done
any trad work since well apart from the odd problem window on my round
but it doesnt hurt to learn, more strings to your bow and and all that :)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »
as i said before i will never trad anything, so don't need to learn.
if i can't do it WFP then i am not interested, i want to work the way thats easiest for me.

and after a year and a half i haven't needed to trad anything.
I have to be honest i used to think like this, I have built my round up pretty much wfp and i could probably keep going that way, but i have started to learn trad slowly the last couple of months and i quite enjoy it although I'm still pretty crud i think its worth learning if your calling yourself a window cleaner.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:23 pm »
I have been a self employed windy since 2001 wfp since 2005 but was still tradding bottoms until about a year ago!  :o
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

ben M

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
I have been a self employed windy since 2001 wfp since 2005 but was still tradding bottoms until about a year ago!  :o
good for you, but if you have a good round you don't need trad!!!!!!!!
and if you like to do insides, do it ,but don't call us newbies because we don't do trad !! >:(

tom cronin

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
May have something to do with....it works

:D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
good for you, but if you have a good round you don't need trad!!!!!!!!
and if you like to do insides, do it ,but don't call us newbies because we don't do trad !! >:(

HOW LONG YOU BEEN TRADING THEN? AND ALTHOUGH YOU DO SEEM TO HAVE FOUND YOURSELF A FEW OTHERS WHO DONT TRAD, MOST AND I MEAN MOST IN THE 99.999999% OF THE WORD WILL FIND THIS VERY ODD.

simonr

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
i dont think it matters really but it is a bit odd that you all seem to be bragging about NOT having a skill that most w/c have   & saying if you got a good round you dont need trad makes no sense at all  your turning away easy dry work & saying thats good business  ;D

Richard Neal

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:26 pm »
I think all new window cleaners should only be capable of cleaning windows wfp, more work for the rest of us then  :D,

My son is 10 and he likes to help me in the holidays, he can trad right and left handed and wfp the bottoms as well as me.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

tom cronin

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »
i dont think it matters really but it is a bit odd that you all seem to be bragging about NOT having a skill that most w/c have   & saying if you got a good round you dont need trad makes no sense at all  your turning away easy dry work & saying thats good business  ;D

Someone saying can u do the insides is music to my ears on a cold january morning  ;D

wightsurf

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »
And when the custy wants the insides doing ,of which could be your best custy.They
have to look else where,and i bet that the windy who trads the insides will try and quote for the outside = oppurtunity for lost work,i dont know any who work this way.

So you get the oppurtunity to quote for very large job good money and because you dont want to trad do you think the custy will want to mess about and find 2 different windys.  Most wont .

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03:02 pm »
And when the custy wants the insides doing ,of which could be your best custy.They
have to look else where,and i bet that the windy who trads the insides will try and quote for the outside = oppurtunity for lost work,i dont know any who work this way.

So you get the oppurtunity to quote for very large job good money and because you dont want to trad do you think the custy will want to mess about and find 2 different windys.  Most wont .

THAT WAS EXACTLY MY POINT WIGHTSURF, IM NOT TRYING TO CONTINUE THIS ROW WITH THE NON TRADDERS BUT THIS WILL HAPPEN TO ONE OF THEM ONE DAY IF THEY DONT TRAD.

tom cronin

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

THAT WAS EXACTLY MY POINT WIGHTSURF, IM NOT TRYING TO CONTINUE THIS ROW WITH THE NON TRADDERS BUT THIS WILL HAPPEN TO ONE OF THEM ONE DAY IF THEY DONT TRAD.

Its all a little less competition

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 09:29:07 pm »
Its not competition if they dont want the work.... Most domestic cleaners that I have met dont do many insides, but each to their own.

I would suggest if someone chooses not to trad or do internals then its their business decision, I would also suggest its not your right to brand them not a proper window cleaner..... Its disrespectful, unless things change this place will die cos its all just name calling and one upmanship at the moment.....

If anyone dares to say something a little out of the ordinary its jumped on and ripped to pieces....

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
Its not competition if they dont want the work.... Most domestic cleaners that I have met dont do many insides, but each to their own.

I would suggest if someone chooses not to trad or do internals then its their business decision, I would also suggest its not your right to brand them not a proper window cleaner..... Its disrespectful, unless things change this place will die cos its all just name calling and one upmanship at the moment.....

If anyone dares to say something a little out of the ordinary its jumped on and ripped to pieces....

you gotta stay neutral GD keep that canvassing work coming in  :P

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:43 pm »
I do just fine thank you....

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:04 pm »
I do just fine thank you....

i know you do i was just kidding mate  ;D as you say each to their own! doesnt mean i understand it though.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 09:47:59 pm »
Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

a stupid comment as usual gd. why do you always say a load of bull. trad is a must to be a "proper window cleaner". not that you would know as you couldnt hack window cleaning hey....

That was my question and the first response, why should I just sit back and let some fella I have never met mug me off on a faceless public forum?

His response was that he knew I would bite and called me boring, if thats how he gets kicks in life it says more about him than me....

Just wait for it cos here it comes...

Crystal-clear

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:18 pm »
get a van mount, and something like a connect 230,220,
400lters or 500 in the 230 easy.

spend £3k on van then i guess you should get it done by pure freedom / thecleaningwarehouse it will be less then £7k.all in van and system fitted.

dont get a trolly....and dont get a 40 foot pole for domestic you wont really need that hight. get a 25 foot slx and a 31 foot glass fiber/cheap long pole you will need the glass fiber for the odd job that the 25 foot slx cant reach the flex is handy sometimes too and its only for one window here and there.