Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harunh

AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »
Im going to spending this much just on starting up my business.

I think by doing this i can make this money back easily:) Ill be having a trolley system with a 300/400 pound gardiners pole :)

I will be going canvassing nearly every day :)  I can canvass all day as i got a lot of time on my hands :D Also i will not give up until i pick up 1 new customer each day. That is an acceptable target for me :D  but i will be aiming for 2,3 customers per day. I believe i can pick customers easily through canvassing :)

I will go canvassing at the times between 5-7. I will post at least 1,000 business cards through letter boxes in 1 week :) Thats over 100 in 1 day :) i believe thats 10 customers out 1,000 people right ? :D I will not be getting flyers.... i just prefer the business cards... its got everything they need to know on it anyway... and flyers tend to go in the bin with the newspapers people chuck away... with business cards someone might just slip it in to their pocket... and leave it lying around... thats the way i see it :D

My aim is to get 100 customers within 3 months ! Then go for the 200 then 300 then 400 ! :)

I will be spending the 6/7 K on a astra van.... thats going to set me back around 3/4 k :) I dont want to get a cheap one... cos most of them are high mileage ... and i always like to buy cars with low mileage... and that are pretty new.. and got some service history on :) Atleast i can rely on it :)

I will be getting a gardiners pole thats going to cost me about 300 or 400 quid thats 40ft and a trolley system with a built in di filter. People build their own.... but im no good with stuff like this :( But im going to look in to this so i can save a few hundred pounds

I will be getting my vehicle put up with all the company logos ect....  and I will be buying myself a hoody with my company name and a website :) ( i believe this is good for business and makes you look more professional)

I will be spending about 100 pound on a phone number :) Thats easy to remember something such as......

And ill just buy 10,000 business cards for about 120-150 quid :) cos i will shot them about a lot :)

07581 111 000   - that will be on my van.. which will look good lol

You might all think i am crazy but.... this is what is going to make the business tick :)

Also i have to work hard and go out every day and give 100% customer satisfaction

I will be starting up  in april time sometime :) just planning everything out ect.... and its going all well so far :)

Some people think 200 quid is enough to start .. i agree with you all...some people have the money to start with high money some dont.... but if you got the money to invest in this then u gota go for it :) im only 21 years old by the way :)

sorry for the long story... i never knew i could ever type this much lol

GDwindowcleaning

Re: AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »
Too many smiley faces...

Halfadaylee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:01 pm »
A fool and his money, as they say.

Good luck

harunh

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »
i know ! sorry lol ... :) :) haha

DeLuce

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »
Good luck m8, err..... I'd give the hoody a miss though, might think your going to do them over ( and I'm not talking about the windows)   ;D

harunh

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »
haha lol

ben M

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:40:13 pm »
why a trolley?

harunh

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:59 pm »
Because.... parking right near the house all the time is no good..... i prefer a trolley as i can carry it around in and around little cuts... instead a big wire all over the place :) Ill be carrying 4/5 containers with me anyway :)

tom cronin

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:02:32 pm »
Id get canvassing now mate, if youre starting cleaning in april, youll have loads of custom by then. Just work out the dates so the custys have a rough idea of when youll be starting them.

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »
It seems as if you have thought things out very carefully.

I am sure you have thought of this as well, though you don't mention it, but do make sure you have enough funds to live on while you build your business up, as it may take a little longer than you anticipate to get established.

Hope you do well.  :)

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

harunh

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »
Im going to start canvassing the day i get my car :) and everything ready... i might have no work for the first 3 weeks :) But i will have money to live on while i do this so its all good. I dont want to go out canvassing... and say i will come in 2 or 3 weeks.. and then something can happen anything can come in my way... cos i havent even got a car yet  ! ! so no point lol

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »
Good man! The sooner you start the sooner you will hit your target.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steve rix

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »
Good luck, but ask yourself why are there so many nearly new systems on ebay?

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »
As far as canvassing goes, I would certainly wait until you can clean the next day....

Remove all obsticles then just go for it....

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »
Have you cleaned any windows yet ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »
Would that be April 1st you'll be starting?

harunh

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 10:32:00 pm »
havent cleaned none yet. ill be wfp

ben M

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:18 pm »
Good luck, but ask yourself why are there so many nearly new systems on ebay?
why? don't like the job or not enough customers?

simonr

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 10:42:06 pm »
mate if you've got all that wedge get your self a proper van with a tank,  tanks  are  not expensive & miles better than 25ltr cannisters & you'll have plenty of room for your trolley
i had an astra estate & 7/8 cannisters & a backpack.  now got a van 350 tank & still use my backpack & wonder why i titted around for so long with the cannisters but good luck anyway

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:35 pm »
mate if you've got all that wedge get your self a proper van with a tank,  tanks  are  not expensive & miles better than 25ltr cannisters & you'll have plenty of room for your trolley
i had an astra estate & 7/8 cannisters & a backpack.  now got a van 350 tank & still use my backpack & wonder why i titted around for so long with the cannisters but good luck anyway

how you getting on with your berlingo Kybl?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.