This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »
Its not competition if they dont want the work.... Most domestic cleaners that I have met dont do many insides, but each to their own.

I would suggest if someone chooses not to trad or do internals then its their business decision, I would also suggest its not your right to brand them not a proper window cleaner..... Its disrespectful, unless things change this place will die cos its all just name calling and one upmanship at the moment.....

If anyone dares to say something a little out of the ordinary its jumped on and ripped to pieces....
Well said, thank you!

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:56 pm »
i dont do insides either.cant be bothered but saying that ........ive relented on a new customer.shes really gorgeous!!!!

£30 6 weekly outsides only with insides cleaned every other time for £70!.......and yes ill be tradding them with a boab and bottle on my belt....oh and errrr.....shoe covers for my feet!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

c,mon lads whats all the backbiting for?we are all window cleaners!!!if you want to just use wfp then thats your business but i do think its good to be able to trad to a top standard as well!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »
i lost a £35 job the other week because i wouldnt clean the inside of the conservatory roof.she is really fussy.her husband was great though.they have now got this other window cleaner to clean all windows inside and out and the inside of conny roof.

im really not bothered as i have lots of work.i reckon this guy will get sick of it as i clean all the rest of the houses in the surrounding area so ill probably pick it up again in the future when he realises how fussy she is!!!!. ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:59 pm »
dont blame you conny internals are a lethal ,

tom cronin

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:28 am »
Its not competition if they dont want the work.... Most domestic cleaners that I have met dont do many insides, but each to their own.

I would suggest if someone chooses not to trad or do internals then its their business decision, I would also suggest its not your right to brand them not a proper window cleaner..... Its disrespectful, unless things change this place will die cos its all just name calling and one upmanship at the moment.....

If anyone dares to say something a little out of the ordinary its jumped on and ripped to pieces....

Lets just have a think about the evolution of tools in general.

In building, did all the chippys thro away there hammers when the nail gun arrived? Or maybe there saws, when the circular saw came out? No

How about mechanics, did the mechanics through out all there spanners when the pneumatic wrench was invented? No

Did the broom become obsolete with the invention of the hoover? No

So why would it be different for window cleaners??!?

Wfp is an excellent invention, but trad still has its place, and always will.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:33 am »
I agree totally but its all down to individual choice, if some chooses not to use trad equipment then they are well within their rights and they still end up with clean windows when the job is done....

ben M

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:58 am »
I agree totally but its all down to individual choice, if some chooses not to use trad equipment then they are well within their rights and they still end up with clean windows when the job is done....

Exactly

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 10:18:36 am »
If a joiner had a choice between a hammer and nails and a nail gun when both could do the job which do you think he would use?

Then think about all the other things tc said, I cant see a cleaner using a broom when they could use a hoover. Can you?

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 06:14:40 pm »
Just out of curiousity I spent an hour or so learning trad this afternoon with a good friend of mine who really knows what he is doing with a blade.... Had a go with an applicator and blade and a couple of different wagtails, I have to say I really enjoyed it! Made a bit of a mess to start with but got better with practice...

I still dont believe I would use it on a purely domestic round but i can see it has its place....

colley614

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 06:57:05 pm »
GD I love doing windows the Trad way. It makes a nice change from being on the pole all day

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »
Hello mate,

I have to say I did enjoy it and would give it a whirl if needed....

I have been off work ill since the middle of last week but we need to talk soon colly...

wightsurf

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:36 pm »

Not on the inside ,they don't  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »
I think smiley faces should be banned and removed lol

As for internals, they are rare on a domestic round and if you had to do them they could be done with a spray of pure and a microfibre....

And just for the record I have seen a few other windies do this not me....

tom cronin

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »

As for internals, they are rare on a domestic round and if you had to do them they could be done with a spray of pure and a microfibre....

Check out the "dragon fly" interior window cleaning systems, pukka for thing like inside conny roofs.

rg1

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »

Check out the "dragon fly" interior window cleaning systems, pukka for thing like inside conny roofs.

Expensive for the 'occasional' inside clean
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »
That looks spot on, who needs trad lol

And that is a joke before anyone starts again...

Bit on the pricey side but same principle as a spray bottle and microfibre cloth.... At last I make a comment on this without being shot down lol....

Johnny B

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »
Ready.....................aim..........................................

Only joking George!  ;D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:55 pm »
Lol looking on my phone so dont get the whole screen so you had me going there....

colley614

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »
Look forward to hearing from you when your feeling back on form George!

tom cronin

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:35 am »
Is it just me or do you lot find that wpf gear is abit extortionate!!