Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: Scorpian as TM question
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
[

Yeah, but why bother when you could get a proper purpose built TM designed for the job? ??? ???

Back to square one then  ;D  
The machine i proposing is a proper purpose built ETM designed for the job

running cost differentiate mostly i suppose ..

Careful John, there's a chance we might end up agreeing with each other here.... And we both know that that just can't happen ;D

God i love scorpions and jaguars too ...
messes with you mind doesn't it   :o

MAX Carpets

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »
crikey this stirred up a right hornets nest. I thought it was a pretty genuine question.

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:49 pm »
Soooo...............

why not have a ETM with your own genny on board??

ooer

ducks away

;D ;D

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »
customers sensitivities to you sucking up their power in enormous quantities having not been told in advance of that hidden cost.

Oh come on Simon, you know as well as anyone the customer is paying for the 'fuel' usage wether it be electric, petrol, diesel, LPG or donkey droppings.
An hour of electric is both cheaper and more eco friendly than a petrol run machine, and before we run down the TM v Porty arguement again let me reiterate that I know a petrol driven truckmount is more powerful than any elctric machines on the market as things stand today.
Anyway a scorpian can be truckmounted and can run to 200 metres if you get the booster unit to stick in the suction hose at the required point. I think 200 metres is far enough for 99% of most peoples jobs on here.

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:35 pm »
crikey this stirred up a right hornets nest. I thought it was a pretty genuine question.

Jason, if you're coming down this way give me a call and you can see/test for yourself.

john martin

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
Soooo...............

why not have a ETM with your own genny on board??

ooer

ducks away

;D ;D

cheaper to use the customers Sizewell B genny    :)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »

When I  ;Dget my TM, I hope I don't turn into someone like you Simon......

What - successful? ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »

What - successful? ;D ;D

No Ugly  :D

Simon Gerrard

Billy Russell

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 09:41:24 pm »

What - successful? ;D ;D

No Ugly  :D

You trying to say Simons got a face for radio?

;D ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:34 pm »
NO im saying he has a face like an old battered bakelite radio  ;D 8)

Colin Day

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »
customers sensitivities to you sucking up their power in enormous quantities having not been told in advance of that hidden cost.

Oh come on Simon, you know as well as anyone the customer is paying for the 'fuel' usage wether it be electric, petrol, diesel, LPG or donkey droppings.
An hour of electric is both cheaper and more eco friendly than a petrol run machine, and before we run down the TM v Porty arguement again let me reiterate that I know a petrol driven truckmount is more powerful than any elctric machines on the market as things stand today.
Anyway a scorpian can be truckmounted and can run to 200 metres if you get the booster unit to stick in the suction hose at the required point. I think 200 metres is far enough for 99% of most peoples jobs on here.

My mate, Neil47 needs a lot more than 200 metres, well at least until he gets his driving licence back.... ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »
650ft of hose on a triple vac porty!  wow :D

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »
My mistake should read 200 foot, which is still far enough for all but one of us on here ;D

MAX Carpets

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:01 am »
Neil, I might take you up on that mate. Be good to say hi anyhow.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:27 am »
Its horses for courses as far as i am concerned, if i was going to be cleaning larger areas like restaurants and large pubs day in and day out then i could justify the purchase of a TM.
If you have set your sights on mainly the run of the mill domestic customer then a Porty is fine... especially as most of your average domestic punters is not going to pay out more just because you have a TM which owe's you a load of money...

If i had a steady stream of commercial work i would not think twice about a TM, however... i dont so my Jag serves its purpose for my targeted customers.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
Still waiting for my TM to make me money on a commercial.

I prefer spending the evenings doing the West Coast Swing and Salsa with my rotary   :P

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:50 am »
Its horses for courses as far as i am concerned, if i was going to be cleaning larger areas like restaurants and large pubs day in and day out then i could justify the purchase of a TM.
If you have set your sights on mainly the run of the mill domestic customer then a Porty is fine... especially as most of your average domestic punters is not going to pay out more just because you have a TM which owe's you a load of money...

If i had a steady stream of commercial work i would not think twice about a TM, however... i dont so my Jag serves its purpose for my targeted customers.

I agree with that to a point. BUT...
I've just set my guy in Southampton up with a fully kitted out TM and the first thing he said when we did a job with it was 'WOW!' He was previously using a Diamond Back twin vac with an Envirodri CRB. He always got good results with that set up and never had any complaints. Now he reports the quality has vastly improved, carpets are a lot drier but most of all the sheer speed with which he can do the jobs means he can do far more in a day than he could before and that is the true value of having a TM, they earn you more money, offsetting the cost in a blink.

Simon

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 09:55:03 am »
that is the true value of having a TM, they earn you more money, offsetting the cost in a blink.

Rubbish. No way on this planet are you going to recoop £15k/£20k/£25k in a blink unless you've got cruise liners lined up like a car wash facility wanting cleans.
It's going to take a couple of years at best to recoop that money.
Let's just say he does £600 a day 5 days a week, it's what's left after all expenditures and wages that goes towards offsetting that large cost, and that isn't going to happen quickly even at those rates.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2012, 10:03:35 am »
Neil,
Who said anything about £15K -£25K?
I paid way way less than that for this unit and the word 'blink' was a relavtive term. ;D

Simon