Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Attwood

Maintenance Plans
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:25 am »
Just wondered if anyone does maintenance plans where the customers pays a monthly amount?

I have started to sell these and wondered if anyone had some sort of written contract / agreement?

If anyone does and would be kind enough to send me a copy of there contract / agreement I would be very grateful.

Nick - nick@chem-safe.com

JandS

Re: Maintenance Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:59:27 am »
I offer them but no takers so far.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:59:54 pm »
One of my concerns about Maintenance plans  is in the wrong hands or even unintentionally they could get Carpet Cleaning a bad name due to the fact people do not  stay in the industry.

In theory the customer should not get hurt as they are sold as

I clean your Carpets for £240 you pay me £120 on completion you then pay me £20 a month by Direct Debit and in 6 months I will return and do your traffic lanes at no extra cost  you can call me up to 4 times to remove any stains the spotter I am leaving you with does not remove and in a years time I will clean your house again and you do not pay any more money.

If you sign today I guarantee to hold my prices for another year.,

In theory customer  owes you money until month six then you start to owe customer money as they work their way to half cost  of next years clean.  But as you returned at month six trust on both sides is established.

Also customer might cancel after a few months in example  you are out of pocket.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »
I have the same concerns as you Ian perhaps a slant on this would be to offer a free top up clean on walkways providing that the customer has multiple carpets cleaned with protector, it would be a selling point also a way of selling more carpet cleaning and protector so you'd get a high sales ticket paid up front with a free interim clean hopefully locking in your customer.

Shaun

Allan Simmons

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »
Hi Nick

We sell these but only on our Clean and protect or Healthy home service, NOT clean only.

Our 'pitch' and terms are on our website, feel free to use anything there you think might help.

http://www.doncasterchemdry.co.uk/clean-my-home/popular-packages/perfect-care-plan

Al.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »
Hi Al

What sort of take up have you experienced for the maintenance plans ?
Is the amount of guaranteed monthly revenue worth the free call outs and highlight cleans ?

Nick Attwood

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:48 am »
Hi Nick

We sell these but only on our Clean and protect or Healthy home service, NOT clean only.

Our 'pitch' and terms are on our website, feel free to use anything there you think might help.

http://www.doncasterchemdry.co.uk/clean-my-home/popular-packages/perfect-care-plan

Al.

Many thanks Al.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:09 am »
Hi Steve

We don't sell many, but what we do sell are worth while definitely.  What call outs?  We get very very few callouts as most things will come out with our spotter as the carpets have also been protected.  Our spotter does not remove the protection so it's still protected.  It also encouranges sales of our spotter, which we let maintenance plan clients have at a small discount too, so they feel they're looked after a little more.  Those stains that the client can't get out and we do need to visit we do while our quoting guy is passing within the next couple of days and he just uses a little spotting machine and in and out in 15 minutes usually.  Often when he's there getting the mark out they ask for a price for doing something else while he's there anyway, so we've saved a trip to quote for that.

Some people say they don't work, others do far better than we do with them (I know one guy who has £70K+ a year on these).  To me it's just another 'service' that's offered for those few who do want it.

The highlight clean is our spray and buff through the treeadways only, as that's all it needs, again booked when in the area anyway and takes no time, so yeah I think all in all worthy as the client is 'locked in' and is unlikely to look elsewhere.

What we do offer is a limited stain warranty if you have the carpet cleaned and protected and buy a Spot Remover then we warrant the protector for 12 months, similar terms and number of call backs as maintenance plans.  That sells a lot of protector and spot removers:-

http://www.doncasterchemdry.co.uk/clean-my-home/key-services/stain-protection-warranty

Al.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:53:32 pm »
We offer maintenance plans and have done for a while now. We havent got hundreds, but certainly the ones we do have are very worthwhile. I guess its all about what is offered on the quotation.

They are a great way of having money coming in (especially in the quiet months). Like has been mentioned, only a light clean every 6 months and in the traffic lanes only, certainly doesnt take long - we either use a rotary or oreck in these instances, after vaccuming of course.

Cheers

Kev

Allan Simmons

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
We've only been doing maintenance plans 'properly' for a few months but the goal is to have sufficient to cover the fixed costs associated with the domestic side of the business, as Ricky has already achieved, nice one Ricky.  It must be very satisfying knowing 'the bills' are already covered with regular maintenance plan clients.  Those are the clients that really make the business far more valuable when the time comes to retire or sell up.

I've heard some guys are doing ipad demonstrations on the quotes, anyone any tips?

Al.

Ricky M

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:42 pm »
We've only been doing maintenance plans 'properly' for a few months but the goal is to have sufficient to cover the fixed costs associated with the domestic side of the business, as Ricky has already achieved, nice one Ricky.  It must be very satisfying knowing 'the bills' are already covered with regular maintenance plan clients.  Those are the clients that really make the business far more valuable when the time comes to retire or sell up.

I've heard some guys are doing ipad demonstrations on the quotes, anyone any tips?

Al.

Been doing the old I pad thing for a fair bit now, make sure all b4s and afters are your own work and backed up with a testo from that client will sell its self and help to eliminate the oo thats expensive trip from the potential client.

Use it as a platform to sell your other service and make it interactive, lot more to it but you should get the jist .
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Allan Simmons

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 05:25:36 pm »
Thanks Ricky.

So do you specifically pitch the maintenance plan with the ipad. Hmm, not sure that's what I mean?  Erm?  Is the Ipad given to the client to view while you measure up etc and it 'walks them through' the B4 and AFTERS like a slideshow?  Or do you have a specific slideshow promoting the benefits of your maintenance plan.  If it's a specific slide show do you talk the client through it or do you leave them to it while measure up?  I think that ask what I'm after.

Al.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
I've been wanting a quote/pictorial program for the ipad for ages if anyone does a version please let me know.

Shaun

Stephen Williams

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »
Just shooting a few ideas.....would it be worth offering maintenance at such a discounted rate eg. £20 a month for a 3 bed house with lounge, hallways and stairs etc. I know it's ridiculously cheap, but surely a sufficient amount on maintenance customers and guaranteed monthly income would weigh up against the low cost.
Personaly, I would rather have 200 customers on it at £4000 (£20 as mentioned) a month guaranteed, rather than all the running around and expense and stress of advertising and quoting. The question is, what price would get the best conversion of enquiry to sign ups ???
Customer get great bargain/You get regular income. ???

Allan Simmons

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:06 pm »
Thanks Ricky, makes sense, especially the bit about "reading the client"

Al.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »
Just shooting a few ideas.....would it be worth offering maintenance at such a discounted rate eg. £20 a month for a 3 bed house with lounge, hallways and stairs etc. I know it's ridiculously cheap, but surely a sufficient amount on maintenance customers and guaranteed monthly income would weigh up against the low cost.
Personaly, I would rather have 200 customers on it at £4000 (£20 as mentioned) a month guaranteed, rather than all the running around and expense and stress of advertising and quoting. The question is, what price would get the best conversion of enquiry to sign ups ???
Customer get great bargain/You get regular income. ???

You could be right Stephen, its about thinking outside the box - and having something in place that offers clients all sorts of options. Offering maintenance plans is great and in our cleaning business we offer them - and even have the ability to adapt them to suit a particular campaign.

Cheers

Kev

Craigp

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »
Wow, where are getting a lot of helpful advice, it's like a competition who can give the best!  ;D ;D ;D

All good for the forum.  :D