This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Frozen solid
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 08:16:17 pm »
wow not gone below 15 hee yet but i remember the last one only got caught out when trying to work as the water was freezing just as it started to come through brush

abacus

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 09:15:29 pm »
 Hi all
no ice here just the warm rain all day two  days solid sun shine today though

I usually wrap up the r os and filters in tank lagging for the winter and put oil filled rads in the vans for rreally cold nights
If the R Os freeze it will ruin them it can also distort the casings so beware expensive mistake!

must get the thermal underware out
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 12:03:49 am »
I see Sair essentially pure was threatening a web sight is it up and running yet and if so anybody got the link?
Sussex by the sea

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 09:21:41 am »
Thanks for raising this one - Made me think!
At last a usefull post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 10:00:37 am »
This is a very important issue, whether you have a hot water system or not, as overnight is when most of the freezing goes on, when you are not using the system.

Interestingly when in use hot water freezes quicker than cold water (check your science books, it's to do with evaporation).

Insulation and bringing equipment indoors is still the cheapest way of protecting your system. If you use an RO system make sure that you wrap this up well as frost will damage your membranes.

I have to admit that I am quite lazy with this issue as I live in mild Cornwall, and it rarely causes us any problems, although even down here we did freeze up the 1 1/4" delivery hose once last winter (waz a cold'un). When I used to use Omnipoles poles we use to have the aluminium jet manifold freeze up (we keep our poles in a tube on the roof) but since going over to other brushes/poles it never seems to happen.

Alex

jb1975

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2006, 03:14:47 am »
to prevent the water freezing in jets and hoses, could antifreeze be added to the pure water without affecting its cleaning abilities, would anyone know?