This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Frozen solid
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:11:18 pm »
I was going to do my own windows this morning, no chance all my gear was frozen solid in the van. My pump was frozen on my trolley system, and the hose reel was frozen too. It was -8c last night. I can't see how we can work WFP in these conditions, unless we heat the van or bring the gear inside.
I suggest you make sure your hoses are empty at night. It would only take a tiny bit of ice to block your brush jets, mine was frozen solid. I had to unreel all the hose and coil it in a big bucket of hot water. I then had to play a hot air gun over the reel for 15mins to thaw the last bit.
Condensation had formed inside the Unger teleporter pole, the sections were frozen together. I thawed out the pole, took it apart and cleaned each section.
Then I sprayed it with a silicon release agent. This turned out to be a bad move . The bloody stuff worked so well that the clamps wouldn't hold the sections in place no matter how much I tightned them. I will have to sort that out tomorrow. Back to work on friday. Glad I havn't sold my big ladder, Dai.

matt

Re: Frozen solid
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 06:38:32 pm »
i might have sourced some EBERSPACHER HEATER's

they are original german MOD type, small and compact and run on DIESEL and are 24 Volts

Im just about to secure them (i think)

the only issue is, the fuel tanks ( i plan to use Bike fuel tanks for the diesel, if your van is diesel then no probs) and the 24 Volt, i have a guy working on this issue, he says it shouldnt be a major expense

i will post when i have it sorted, for any1 in the know, EBERSPACHER are the dogs danglies of lorry / night heaters, then run for hours on 1 L of fuel and last for ever

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 06:38:52 pm »
It was minus 8 here too last night fan heater in the van, and no problems at all.

First job at 8am and worked all day.

Roy

sair

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 06:57:50 pm »
started at four no problems i have open bulk head with air con just enough to take edge off i just keep door shut when reeling out and working
Essentially Pure Ltd

H h20

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 07:20:10 pm »
All my equipment is removable except the water tank which is insulated,so i don`t have any problem with anything freezing,except when the water freezes on the windows like it did this morning  >:(
does anyone know if pure water clears ok when its defrozen? Gaz

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 07:20:33 pm »
Matt is right

The eberspacher ( or however you spell it )  ??? are the tops when it comes to heaters. They are fitted in the top trucks for all night heating. Use hardly any fuel and like he says will last forever.

If he can pull this deal off get one. You wont regret it.

Andrew

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 07:23:37 pm »
Either provide heat in the van or prefarably bring your tackle in the house. Or if you have won the lottery put it all in the heated garage.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 08:00:02 pm »
My backpack was frozen this morning.  Luckily enough I tested it before leaving home.

I thawed it by pouring warm water into it.

I had a few millimeters of ice in each of my barrels too.

Anyway; thanks for the reminder; I'm going to bring my pole in the house.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 06:54:10 am »
It is now coming up to 7am on thursday morning and its bloody cold outside, colder than yesterday.
All my gear in the van is fine though, have a fan heater in there all night set on the frost stat setting.
Had no probs yesterday morning while working, have plenty of road salt in the back of the van to throw down where needed.
So far no problems with water freezing on the glass, and so far no problems with the water freezing on the bristles of the brush or in the jets...but it is colder this morning, so we shall see!

Lets hope we don't get too much of this through January and February eh?

Right, it's 6:54am, work beckons :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

rs_cleancare

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 11:29:18 am »
Went out to work this morning. Large hotel takes me on my own nearly all day.
But after an hour there had to pack up and come home due to my jets constantly freezing up.
Roll on the summer.

Rob.

steve k

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 12:36:40 pm »

steve k

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 12:39:43 pm »

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 02:29:04 pm »
I AM THE FOOL OF THE WEEK HERE !

Just gone out to load the van for back to work tommorow and its all solid , even the tanks are are frozen to half way down , just stuck a lot of boiling on the top and it seems to be thawing nicely .
What i want to know is ...... will the pump be shot ? all the pipe work to and from it is solid , i have put hot water bottle around it ..... will i be ok or does this mean its a cert to be shot ?

Rich  P @ F   :'(
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 03:18:55 pm »
Your pump will be fine once thawed.  :)

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 03:30:44 pm »
Cheers Jeff , thought i was gonna have to run and get myself a new pump then for a minute 

Rich  P @ F

rugby

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 03:37:55 pm »
It must be flameing cold here in Gloucester,The bristles on my brush keep freezing up,and poles sections freezing together,I was afraid that ice in the brush bristles might scratch the glass,so packed in for today.Does anyone else think that ice in brush head could scratch glass.Van not a problem,i run electric cable from house to van and keep van warm with electric oil filled radiator.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 03:38:33 pm »
Allow it to thaw naturally. I have a friend who supplies spring water and his used to regulary freeze up.
You should always keep a spare pump on the shelf although most suppliers offer next day delivery. I made my spare into another spare sytem so get more use of it.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 03:52:06 pm »
Good idea Jeff , i think i will get another pump as a standby , my supplier is only 10 mins away from my house , but he isnt open 24 hours a day !

RICH P@F

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 05:03:54 pm »
all frozen up this morning so no work for me today (ha ha)
spent a few hours fawing everthing out so i can work 2morrow
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

busydaffodil

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 05:11:21 pm »
i might have sourced some EBERSPACHER HEATER's

they are original german MOD type, small and compact and run on DIESEL and are 24 Volts

Im just about to secure them (i think)

the only issue is, the fuel tanks ( i plan to use Bike fuel tanks for the diesel, if your van is diesel then no probs) and the 24 Volt, i have a guy working on this issue, he says it shouldnt be a major expense

i will post when i have it sorted, for any1 in the know, EBERSPACHER are the dogs danglies of lorry / night heaters, then run for hours on 1 L of fuel and last for ever

Darn, Eberspachers are expensive.  We recently bought a 12v one which are also available.  It cost us over £700 - NOT fitted!