Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

laurabird

Oven glass door just exploded after clean
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:33:12 pm »
Hi  to all
One of the team were finishing a house clean we cleaned the oven for the customer
Just packing up and the glass on the over door exploded

Any one know why this happened  customer wants me to pay £350.00 for a new oven the old one is over 7 years old !!!!!

Jonny jones

Re: Oven glass door just exploded after clean
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:01:03 pm »
If the oven is over 7 yrs old I think you can still get parts for it, get a domestic appliance fixer of your own choosing and tell him to quote for new glass, probably be only about 100 fitted
No way I would buy her a new one,

wrex clean

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:30:03 am »
its easy to fit. get the details and i will send you a list to purchase new glass

Bill1903

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:47:58 pm »
Was it a diplomat as these are prone to doing that?

Repace glass should be easy enough and a lot less than £350

laurabird

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:33 pm »
Thanks for your help it's a belling double oven I have contacted them and they don't do spares any more

I'm still not going to pay 350 !!!!

247clean

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:24:20 am »
Hi what were you using to clean it ?

jeff@occ

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:39:08 pm »
Hi Regarding the oven door glass exploding did you dip the glass in a hot soak tank? If yes and you did not let the glass cool down before rinsing off you temper the glass making it very fragile. Did you manage to get  a new glass? jeff

Mike Mahoney

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »
Hi Folks

oven glass does not get too old for cleaning, was the oven door glass one of the ones where it is held in place with a screw and and small plate, as opposed to to a slide/slot in. If so it can be as simple as screws been overtightened or even ridiculous as this may sound the plates been put back on different sides, this creates a different pressure on the glass and bang.

regards

MCM
MIKE MAHONEY

Clean Enviro UK Ltd.
cleanenviro.co.uk
07877 467811

Paul Heath

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:31:16 pm »
This has happened to us on a cooker that was only a year old.....the glass was not removed but cleaned in situ...it then all of a sudden smashed. ??? ???
I googled the make of the cooker including model number, found a supplier who overnighted the glass, delivered direct to the customer and they fitted it, just in case
Total cost £65...profit from job out of the window, but both sides happy....lot better than a new cooker...think they are trying it on.
Do your best to locate a glass, then take it round to the house,it's up to you if you feel brave and offer to fit it, not a lot more they can say if you replaced the broken item at your expense.

SteveAllan

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:23:32 am »
This has happened to us on a cooker that was only a year old.....the glass was not removed but cleaned in situ...it then all of a sudden smashed. ??? ???
I googled the make of the cooker including model number, found a supplier who overnighted the glass, delivered direct to the customer and they fitted it, just in case
Total cost £65...profit from job out of the window, but both sides happy....lot better than a new cooker...think they are trying it on.
Do your best to locate a glass, then take it round to the house,it's up to you if you feel brave and offer to fit it, not a lot more they can say if you replaced the broken item at your expense.

If you broke it then you should fit it. Getting the the custy to fit - hilarious. If you have no confidence to fix when things go wrong then you should not be touching it, period.

ross12345

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:49 pm »
u must have insurence? thay will pay for new oven or repair

jim mca

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »
Ross

Unless you have insurance covering you for what you are working on your insurance wont pay out. A standard policy covers you  damage but not to the item you are cleaning.

Jim

Matt Gibson

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:11:15 am »
Unless your with Gleaming  ;D

jim mca

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:32:14 pm »
Hi Matt

You are100% correct but most cover next to nothing dont did you get a call from down here to do house walls

Jim

Matt Gibson

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:53 am »
Yeah mate, thanks for that. I emailed him and when I get a chance I'll pop out and sort him out. I'll give you a bell and let you u know