Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pete jones

Rotovac
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »
Hi,Are rotovacs anygood.I clean with my power max and get fantastic results,as long as I use the right chems.Its bloody hard work sometimes,agitating waiting agitating,with my grooming brush.Rotovac for sale on ebay,are they any good? and will it make my carpet cleaning results better.Pete.Oh ,cat vomit after eating sheba, red colour, on creme wool they used vanish ,but it is still red two weeks old.What do you think :-[

Brendan (chem2clean)

Re: Rotovac
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »
ive a 360i and i love it,,,,,think they might be living with that stain

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:29:07 pm »
I think you need a stain removal course if you think they're living with that stain ;D  Should be removable.

Pete get a demo of any machine before you buy.  You're griping about the hard work involved with your agitation, but suggesting you buy a different tool to extract with... which is an answer to a different problem!  Get yourself a decent sized CRB, or failing that a sebo duo, and a rotary cleaner which will cover all your agitation needs!

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:32 pm »
nah done lots of courses buddy but thanks for the advice,,,depends on what the dog was eating that its red,,,vomit will stain on wool then when you add vanish,,,,,,,,,,,

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »
ahhhh sheba is cat food,,you live and learn,,,do they use food coloring in it,,,pete

pete jones

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »
They have tried cleaning it 2 weeks previous with vanish,its a nice  creme wool.Being acidic vomit, I sprayed it with an alkaline prespray,left it for 5 mins and extracted with water,and it faded a bit.Then I tried red rx and rinsed again,but you can still see it,.I have some strong hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.As oxidizing goes do you think you could make the red stain dissapear completely.Sheba uses dark red colouring

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:02:02 pm »
You're probably on the right track Pete.  Being such a light plain colour you can proceed with a fair amount of confidence using a decent % HP.  Even a slightly lighter patch would be preferable to a red one, but you should be able to get the reaction right.

If they have an off-cut I'd put my strongest grade of HP on that with a good few drops of ammonia in to boost, then apply oodles of heat... basically make a "worst case" scenario... so then you know what parameters you can work within, and avoid any unwanted reactions on the actual carpet.

Good luck, let us know how it went :)

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:57:09 pm »
same as above,,,still think they will be left with some stain,,,i bought a black and decker wall steamer for the extra heat for jobs like that,,,,
not saying the rotovac for everyone and its more expensive that a low speed rotary,,,but i think its a great tool on nasty carpet,,,

pete jones

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »
Thanks,will get a sample from my carpet fitters and and cover it in red sheba cat food,follow with vanish wait 2 weeks and use the peroxide and ammonia see what happens.

grahamwolsey

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:38 pm »
hi i am looking 4 a rotovac 360 used for the right price thanks.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »
Thanks,will get a sample from my carpet fitters and and cover it in red sheba cat food,follow with vanish wait 2 weeks and use the peroxide and ammonia see what happens.

Thats no good, you've got to eat it and throw it up!

:o
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

pete jones

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:44 pm »
yummy :P

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 02:16:50 am »
better still catch a local cat (preferably the one that sh*ts in your back garden)

Force feed it sheba... then put it in the tumble drier and let it out onto your carpet sample.  Should do the trick.

Obviously the drier should be set to cool air only..... you don't want to be cruel