Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Made me laugh
« on: January 13, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »
was on facebook before and someone asked a cleaner if they cleaned carpets i jumped on and said i do from £20 a room etc a bit later someone else said i clean carpets £10 a room i laughed and said must be a pro which they quickly replied that they was, So i said ok what gear do you use and i'l have you do my jobs and i'l sit at home and make money to which they replied i have a BISSELL and how big are your jobs i just laughed and they said all my customers are happy and i'm cheap gotta laugh but can't believe he's actually got the cheek to turn up at someones house with a bissell lmao.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jim_77

Re: Made me laugh
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:52 pm »
Why?  I have a truck mounted bissell ;D

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »
I saw you carrying it up the gangplank in Southampton Jim

:o :o

;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:51:55 pm »
felt like driving my bloody van up that gang plank, all the back and forth we had to do!!

Beep!  Beep!  Beep!

Felt like the contents of a bleedin tesco trolley by the end of the day!!

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:59:05 pm »
Cleaning an empty house today and there was a decorator in, told me he had offered to clean them as he had a rug doctor, but she had insisted i do it.
He asked me did i have a rug doctor too, i replied yes i do but its a blue one, and he went back to painting.
A few minutes later i fired th TM up and he came outside to see, he replied
he hadnt seen a rug doctor that size or kind before  :o

Just shows you what some think about our industry, and why they need educated.

Andrew

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »
With respect Phil £20 is too cheap. When I started in business I was advised on my business studies course that £20 per hour was the minimum needed to have any chance of survival, that was 18 years ago. You really should look at having a minimum charge of at least 45 or 50. In fact strangely enough low moisture cleaners can usually get even higher than that. This is a really good industry with good rewards if you do it properly, don't undersell yourself. I'm surprised Dry Fusion don't school you more when you sign up to the system.

Craigp

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
Carpet cleaners was charging £35 to clean a lounge in the early 1980s.

They must have been charging £20 in 1975. ?

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:12 pm »
I was advised to charge £ 2.50 per m2 by Prochem 15 years ago !

I saw an advert today for a guy charging £ 1.25 per m2

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:25 pm »
I've got people around here with a TM charging less than that ....... and they've been around for years.

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »
Here we go again.......

!!!

Colin Day

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 01:17:26 am »
was on facebook before and someone asked a cleaner if they cleaned carpets i jumped on and said i do from £20 a room etc a bit later someone else said i clean carpets £10 a room i laughed and said must be a pro which they quickly replied that they was, So i said ok what gear do you use and i'l have you do my jobs and i'l sit at home and make money to which they replied i have a BISSELL and how big are your jobs i just laughed and they said all my customers are happy and i'm cheap gotta laugh but can't believe he's actually got the cheek to turn up at someones house with a bissell lmao.

I would have thought a Bissell is better than a Rug Doctor... ??? But I suppose it's similar to comparing Aldi Baked Beans to Lidl Baked Beans..... ;D

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:09 am »
Craigp,I was charging I think £5 per room in 1975.
By the early 80``s I was as I recall charging £16 plus
Vat for a minimum call out which was 20 sq.yds.
From that I was I think 70pence plus vat per sq.yd.
Those were the days ::)

Lewis  Doubtfire.

P.S.
Like the Italian lira,used to give change in sweets.
 ;D ;D
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Russ Chadd

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
I have added some useful information to my website to try to educate people to differentiate between

1 The cheapest price
2 The best value for money

You will always get some tight arse who will hire you purely on price and then proceed to take liberties adding extra work onto the job...
I hate this "bargain basement" "carboot" mentality the British seemed to have adopted!

There will always be a market here in Britain for the guy with the Bissell or Numatic George...   ::) ::) ::)

davep

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 09:58:47 am »
 Then why -

Discount carpet cleaning
Prices start from just.......

on your site?   ;D

John Kelly

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 10:19:44 am »
Dave, 50 quid is a discount price especially in that area but it is also a good starting point wherever you are.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:11 am »
from £20 a room in my area is good, most are tiny and take me under 30mins i booked a job in for monday a walk through lounge and h.s.l i said £35 each using just a cleaner or £50 each with deoderiser and stain block she chose the the £50 clean i said i'l knock £10 off also cause i'm doing both together and i'l be there an hour good money to me.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

The Great One

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:55:03 pm »
Hi

When people say to me it's only cleaning, I invite them to come and 'spend a week' with me, scrubbing, cleaning up filth, urine, plug hole hair, blood and scrubbing carpets. For some reason they never take me up on it?

Had to laugh last week when the machine stopped working, went to get screwdrivers and to buy a fuse, had to buy a whole plug, opened the plug and found I had pulled the wires out of the plug, rewired the plug, still wouldn't work, put in fuse, still wouldn't work and asked an electrician whose was there (who had turned up with no tools) if I had tripped the switch, I had! Added an hour to the job  ::)

Martin 8)