Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gary Humphreys

Customer complaint
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »
Just finished an EOT clean for a local landlord. While doing the clean I pulled a venetian blind open th open a window and it fell down. She has rung in a bit of a state to suggest that I make an insurance claim or compensate her financially for this event. My initial instinct is to insist that I cant be responsible for her blind being faulty and insecure but I'm wondering how you would deal with this situation.
I did say to her that although it was me that told her that her blind fell down - if I hadnt opened it - it would have been her new tenant.

wynne jones

Re: Customer complaint
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:43 pm »
I would have just offered to fix it myself making it clear that breathing on it made it fall down.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Gary Humphreys

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:19 pm »
Hi
The casings broken on the blind. I did offer to return with some ladders and fit it back up.

Helen

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:42:26 pm »
Did you tell her first or did she just find it....would have tried to fix it as best as possible at the time, and let her know what happened. :)

Gary Humphreys

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »
The room had a really high ceiling so any attempt at refitting it needed step ladders. I told her straight away and offered to return and refit if her maintenance guy couldnt do it quickly enough.

Gary Humphreys

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:03:26 pm »
So..
I have called back my customer and stated that while I am in no way responsible for her blind being broken and am not prepared to help pay for another blind I am prepared to visit and help affect some kind of repair and refit if possible. Customer happy and said that she doesn't expect me to pay for another but impressed by the fact that I rung her back ond offered to help so my reputation has been enhanced by this potentially awkward episode.
Thanks for your replies.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:51:23 pm »
Nice one :)

Just goes to show how we should stand our ground when we know we're not in the wrong... but be professional enough to do all we can to help out!

I wonder how many other carpet cleaners would have gone apepoop and lost a customer for life over this!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:47 pm »
if we opened a door and it fell of the hinges would we be liable to have it fixed?

you should have said as it fell it hurt your hand so you need her liability insurance details as she has been negligent in insuring your safety on her premises ;D ;D

and you are suffering flashback to the traumatic event so might need counseling ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »
Did an old granny's place last week. I reckon she is the Taliban's top IED expert. Took me 15 minutes to sweep the room for impending disasters.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »
should of turned a BLIND eye  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
you never know she mite of been BLIND and never noticed haha ;D ;D ;D
i must say though you played a BLINDER and done the rite thing  ;)
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk