Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Dawg

F'in peed off!!!
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:31 pm »
Was doing a commercial job tonight in a medical centre from 6pm till 11pm.

The job was passed on to me from a large contract cleaning company that passes me the odd job now and again.

There was 6 cleaners that came at around 6pm and left at 8.30pm. And the arseholes decided to close the store room, the only place where I had access to hot water or a sink deep enough for a bucket in the whole building! I even told them to make sure to leave it open before they go as I didn't have the code for the combination lock.

So now i need to go back on Monday night (another ruined evening!  >:() for a couple of hours for the same money!  >:(

I am thinking of charging the cleaning company call out charge on top of the initial fee for wasting my time.

Should I try that or just bite my tongue?

I'm definately calling them tomorrow!

Tony

Simon Moat

Re: F'in peed off!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:48 pm »
Take it on the chin! It's unfortunate, and a pain in the rear, but think of the money you'll get in future from the same source.

TV's rubbish on Monday anyway, and you'd only spend the evening wasting your time on here!

derek west

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »
same old answer from me, if you need the money and the work then bite your tongue and move on, if you can take it or leave it, stick on a £60 and tell em it should be more.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:48 am »
You will probably bet over the stress of it by Monday, just roll with it.

Speculate to accumilate.......something like that ;0)

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:35 am »
A little tip for these situations, take the trap of from under the sink in a toilet for example and put your bucket underneath, run the tap and fill your bucket. Remember to put the trap back!

Cheers Goron

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:45 am »
A little tip for these situations, take the trap of from under the sink in a toilet for example and put your bucket underneath, run the tap and fill your bucket. Remember to put the trap back!

Cheers Goron

Cleaver, sneaky but very cleaver i'll remember that one.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:33 am »
Goron, you clever boy. I would never of thought of that.

That is a situation that many of us have been in over the years and I wish I had thought of that.

I love the simple but great ways of getting around problems and that is a SUPER TIP. 8)

peter maybury

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 11:52:29 am »
Have a noice word with the cleaning company I am sure they will tell you to add a little to the next job or cut their margin slightly. It will give you an idea on how loyal they are.

Peter
www.carpetcleaningerbridgend.co.uk

mike roberts

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:33 pm »
When you can't fit a bucket in the sink why not use a simple tap adaptor / connector and small length of hose  ??? ??? always carry one in van.

Funny enough used one only the other day to fill up solution tank on scrubber..

Saves touching plumbing  ;D ;D Plus no narsty debris from sink drain  /pipes etc  :P

Ref post - I think we would just point it out to customer but not charge as we are so nice ;D ;D

garry22

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »
I have not had that happen but have been stuck in factory compounds because some jobsworth has locked the main gates (two occasions).

It was more than their job was worth to leave us to lock the padlocks.

We became quite adept at taking wrought iron gates off there hinges to get vehicles out (then replacing them).

Funny thing is that no-one bats an eyelid (they all look away) even when a huge gate falls over with a big crashing sound  ;D

mike roberts

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »
I have not had that happen but have been stuck in factory compounds because some jobsworth has locked the main gates (two occasions).

It was more than their job was worth to leave us to lock the padlocks.

We became quite adept at taking wrought iron gates off there hinges to get vehicles out (then replacing them).

Funny thing is that no-one bats an eyelid (they all look away) even when a huge gate falls over with a big crashing sound  ;D

;D ;D

John Klucznik

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »
You need to have safeguards in place to protect your time. You are running a business not a charity. Use this experience to ad communications to your future relationships so they know if you run out to do a job and you cannot get the job done for something like this that you will be fairly compensated for your lost time. That way you can always show grace and let them off the hook if you choose should something happen and you wont be ped off becuase you felt taken advantage of.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »
would it of bothered you that much if England were about to kick off in the world cup and that was your excuse to go lol i say take it on the chin mate it happens to us all.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »
Don't think Tony would have been too bothered about an England match ;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
If you don't ask you don't get. But.......

It's the way you ask that will ultimatley count.

How are your diplomatic skills?

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Carpet Dawg

Re: F'in peed off!!! New
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 11:30:29 pm »
Don't think Tony would have been too bothered about an England match ;D

ha ha  ;D you'd think "och aye the noo jimmy" would give it away!

Regarding filling the buckets via another sink/toilet hand basin. The tips have been good thanks, but the store room was the only place that i could get hot water from. The size of the sink wasn't much of an issue as I have several measuring jugs in the van.

I called the cleaning company today to let them know what happend and they apologised.