This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alticry

wfp
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »
Looking for help guys. Been window cleaning for 2 yrs p/t .  Only have 500 quid a month work but now hoping to put more time into it and expand the business. Had the ladders slip the other day and my leg went through the rung on the way down lucky to escape with a badly bruised thigh and a customer with just a broken window. Thinking of investing in wfp with backpack or trolley but worried these portable systems may be a hassle to constantly refill. How many domestics does a 25 ltr cover? Does anyone think that it would be viable for me to purchase such a system?Dont want to work from a van as i need the 7 seater for the family when not working!

Panorama

Re: wfp
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »
The only problem with the backpack is constant refilling, which means carrying barrels of water, I would sit down and work your finances out and consider getting a small van and go van mount, you won't regret it

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
The only problem with the backpack is constant refilling, which means carrying barrels of water, I would sit down and work your finances out and consider getting a small van and go van mount, you won't regret it

what he said ;)

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:52 pm »
if you are against getting van mount its going be the the trolley route,wouldnt like to lug 25ltr barrels in an out of 7 seater all day tho,and i think you will get two 3 bedders out of 1 barrel maybe 3 if not to many windows

gary999

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »
you can use barrels without having to constantly lug about

fill up morning put in 7 seater with battery and pump ,just have a long
hose to drop in barrels the run half inch hose to utside of vehicle which
attaches to reel of microbore.

will have to go back to car to drop hose in new barrel when empty
a little inconvenient but easy to take out at night and leaves
you full use of car when needed.

i used my trolley this way for a while but i couldnt stand dragging
hose about so switched to backpack.

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:38:10 am »
No future for you then mate , if you want to expand then you need a vehicle to do it !
Do you think Eddie Stobbart got where he was because he stuck with a Fiesta ?
Dont wish to sound harsh or rude by any means but i never met a chippie with no saw .....

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

alticry

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:42 pm »
are the systems on ebay any good or should they be avoided?

Jackal

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:51:24 pm »
which systems are you talking about?,think ebay ones are ok they do diy kits for van mounts or the purefreedom trollys which seem fine,few different backpacks available but dont buy the poles they will be heavy,splash out on a pole from gardiners clx will do if you dont want spend a fortune

VSP Home Care

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:08 pm »
If you're talking about a trolley system, you can put one together for £250 yourself.

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:46 pm »
No future for you then mate , if you want to expand then you need a vehicle to do it !
Do you think Eddie Stobbart got where he was because he stuck with a Fiesta ?
Dont wish to sound harsh or rude by any means but i never met a chippie with no saw .....

Rich
rubbish.

wfp master

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 09:55:08 pm »

The only problem with the backpack is constant refilling, which means carrying barrels of water, I would sit down and work your finances out and consider getting a small van and go van mount, you won'. t regret it
refilling takes a couple of minutes not a big hassle backpack on a trolley wheel to car fill up. no needl lift barrels away from car.

matthewprice

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »
what about a trailer system carry all leaving car free for  familly

Jackal

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:55 pm »

The only problem with the backpack is constant refilling, which means carrying barrels of water, I would sit down and work your finances out and consider getting a small van and go van mount, you won'. t regret it
refilling takes a couple of minutes not a big hassle backpack on a trolley wheel to car fill up. no needl lift barrels away from car.

im not wfp pole but that sounds a lot of wasted time more so than a trolly,and something that would definatly do my nut in, compact work and your heading to the van after every 2 houses

alticry

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 01:31:21 pm »
have been looking at the pure freedom , but if i could diy for 250 quid id like to have a go. thanks for the info everyone , and i dont want to end up like eddie stobart......hes been dead for six months !.......rip eddie.

now how do you do it???

johnny bravo

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 02:01:33 pm »
have you looked on you tube   lots of viewing advice.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »
have been looking at the pure freedom , but if i could diy for 250 quid id like to have a go. thanks for the info everyone , and i dont want to end up like eddie stobart......hes been dead for six months !.......rip eddie.

now how do you do it???

Drop me an e-mail mate and I'll point you in the right direction  :)

alticry

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »
thanks vsp. i may be missing something but i cant find your email address. my email is on my profile.

johnny bravo

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »
vsp,    if you are offering advice of building a trolley system    what you need ,  where to get them,  i too would be interested.

sean84

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 05:24:59 pm »
vsp,    if you are offering advice of building a trolley system    what you need ,  where to get them,  i too would be interested.

Me too!!! ;)

VSP Home Care

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 06:01:15 pm »
Drop me a mail guys to info@vsphomecare.co.uk