Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seamus campbell

Porty help no water
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:20 pm »
Hi folks,

Was cleaning upholstery today,and every few minutes my hantool would stop delivering water,if i stopped for a minute it would start again then work fine for a while,and then start acting up. Im using a craftex grace machine with an in line heater, anyone any idea what the problem may be, I have a nightclub to do tomorrow and am worried the pum is about to pack in

Bbarrow

Re: Porty help no water
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »
air getting in?

seamus campbell

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:18:24 pm »
Thanks , any idea were i should start to look is there a usual suspect

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:21 am »
It sounds like the pump is probably about to pack in!  :-\

Fran84

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:05:12 am »
If it is air getting into your solution line then disconnect all valves and reconnect starting at the machine and work your way to your hand tool.

I would buy a new pump asap aswell thought just incase its that.

Fran

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:14:08 am »
If its a pump with brushes sounds like their on their minimum limit. other posssible causes, loose connections, blocked jet on handtool.

"So basically its a big vax!"

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:12:25 pm »
Could be the washer and spring in the hand tool that needs replacing, are you having the same problem with the wand?
Mark

Ian Gourlay

Re: Porty help no water New
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:47:45 pm »
Could be an airlock  I usually suck the water return tube to get out of trouble , but it is usually first sign of pump head going

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »
Put an open-ended hose on the end of your solution line (or if you haven't got one, use a spare male connector just popped into the end of the female).  Run the pump and recirculate into your tank.  Hopefully it'll spit a bit, showing it's bleeding air out of the system.

Failing that, yes it might be the pump head on the way out.  Relatively easy to replace if it's a diaphragm pump.

When the problem is happening can you detect a different sound coming from the pump, like any fluctuation in the noise or vibration coming from it?

seamus campbell

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:30 am »
Thanks Guys , This machine is only just over a year old and would have done maybe 40 jobs max, I will try your ideas tomorrow and report back, 8 hrs of chewing gum removal today so didnt porty out, hope it lasts tomorrow

rushe

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:06 am »
 could be a sticky outlet valve where solution hose connects can have the same affect dont sound likely to be allowing air in just may feel the same as the hose empties,next time it happens give the valve a tap.