Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Hows 2012 looking for you
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:37:10 am »
I think 2012 has started quite well for me. Took a total of 32 bookngs since the new your started (not done yet) done 7 domestic jobs so far, one commercial job and quoted for another commercial job (same customer). Seems to be a good start.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: Hows 2012 looking for you
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:54:02 am »
If I was everybody on this forum (especially the ones in my area) I would jack it all in right now!

The end of the world is 21st of December 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8

Goodbye!

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:14:34 am »
Oh well nothing left for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE&ob=av2e

And after it I CLEANITUP........ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

But Ive done 6 jobs this year already, 6 more than this time last year...
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
If I was everybody on this forum (especially the ones in my area) I would jack it all in right now!

The end of the world is 21st of December 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8

Goodbye!

;D

Looking back in last years diary, so far I'm doing a lot better than I was this time last year.

It's steadily improving which is very promising and goes to show that if your prices are sensible but your work is outstanding, they keep coming back and recommending you.... :)

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »
January is always traditionally slow for me, but maybe a little bit more activity than previous years.  Have done a couple of sub contacts like the ship last week which help the figures :)

I'm not too bothered about a few blank days in January... still haven't sent out some invoices from December yet!

That's this evening accounted for :(

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »
So far 16 jobs over 4 days last week and the next 5 days, plus 2 full eot cleans,
and 1 natural sandstone floor to clean and seal.
Have a nightclub tomorrow morning, so far Jan is looking good.

I am traditionally busy Jan & Feb living in a tourist area, lots of properties
will be empty or quiet during this period.

Andrew

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »
We are in Dunkirk at the moment, all tooled up to clean a ferry top-to-bottom starting tomorrow. Another job starting on a cruise ship in Cornwall, looking good so far.

Simon

Colin Day

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »
We are in Dunkirk at the moment, all tooled up to clean a ferry top-to-bottom starting tomorrow. Another job starting on a cruise ship in Cornwall, looking good so far.

Simon

You're coming to Cornwall? Make sure your passport's in order ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
Same as Colin really. Better than this time last year for sure, jeez last January we couldn't even buy a customer never mind being in a situation to negotiate with them if the phone had wrong.
Higher than previous monthly average for e-mail enquiries which is fun as they reply to my questions but disappear all together once I submit a price ;D

After last January we promised ourselves not to worry if it was quiet so stocked up with paint, wallpaper and bathroom tiles for the days where nothing was happening. So far I've 90% retiled the ensuite (just waiting for the new shower to arrive before knocking off and replacing that area), and a bedroom is fully painted. If it get to the stage where I've totally revamped 3 bedrooms, bathroom, ensuite, landing and stairs by the end of January then I'll start to get concerned.

chrisjohn

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »
Quite slow start for me,but not surprised as Jan 2011 was similar.Think it will pick up when people get paid at the end of the month.Lets see how February is.

Chris

clinton

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »
Had a decent start to jan here.

Had a few new clients too and the rest are regulars.

Lets hope it keeps up for us all..

wayne zabel

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »
Was looking OK for me until I got to my first job today and she'd forgot I was coming and wants to rearrange,then gets a call an hour later from tomorrows first job saying shes now going in hospital then got a text from Fridays first job saying she cant do it now and can I do at end of the month.What a day.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »
Ticking over

Steve Gunn

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 06:09:23 pm »
Been a good start to the year won big contract down the quayside,cleaned carpets at Northern Rock ready for Richard Bransons visit today,last week cleaned 6 suites little quieter this week but I need a rest

Paul H

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
Steve i hope you support a team in black and white cleaning for their new shirt sponsors .... if not i'll let mr branson know youre from south of the tyne ! lol :)

Paul H

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
Stoke? ;D..or.. Cramlington Juniors :D

peter maybury

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 06:36:50 pm »
Am very busy but doing totally different things as last year were hectic with floods from mid dec till mid feb. All flood equipment was on hire for that time. So thinking of making a killing have reinvested in more flood equipment have now got 25 turbo driers as well as whole room dryers, compact turbos and more dehums. We have not even had a heavy frost yet so I am happy that equipment does not need feeding..............
Still flat out on the cleaning so all in all good...........

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com