Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

A customer of ours has an issue
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:25:14 pm »
Where the letting agent is insisting on a new carpet due to dog smell and to cap it all there cc also said it’s F**ked (hope he ant an ncca member with a George)

Our customer has asked for a report (opinions please or if you have a similar template can you email it to me lenpg@btinternet.com)

REPORT Re: 3 P………. Way BR00 0AH

on arrival at Nº3 P………. Way on the 20.12.11 both Len and I carried out a full inspection of the carpets to be cleaned, we do this on arrival at every job. We found the carpets to be in a very good condition throughout with no distinctive odour problem whatsoever, especially pet. We both believed the carpets did not need cleaning, however we cleaned the carpets as the customer requested this to be done due to the nature of the situation.

Our first procedure is to use a carpet pre spray called Prochem Power Burst (S789) to help break down and emulsify any soil within the pile, also added to the pre spray was an odour killer named Craftex super cherry concentrate (CR-82)

Second procedure is to clean and rinse the carpet, to do this we use a truck-mounted carpet cleaning system using hot water extraction and also a neutralising cleaner. We always use Prochem’s Fabric & Fibre Rinse (B109) this will rinse through the fibre to sanitise and remove any remaining soils.

Thirdly the carpet is groomed to set the pile and then left to dry, ideally windows should be opened to help assist drying times and ventilation.

Both Len and I have been professional carpet and upholstery cleaners for the past 16 years and can give our professional opinion that there was not a single pet odour problem at all with the carpets at Nº3 P…….. Way and would most definitely not have a problem assisting Mr Heywood any further in this matter.

Kind Regards

Wendy

There now complaining about smell of super cherry :o >:(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

AJB

Re: A customer of ours has an issue
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »
Super Cherry Concentrate is not an odour killer,
it is a perfume to mask smells. And unless you
used a whole bottle the smell should not be very strong.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »
er, and fibre and fabric rinse has no sanitising or cleaning properties either its purpose is simply to put the ph level back to a more safe level.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »
I don't think it is written in a very professional manner its very 'colloquial' and is written with a bias towards Mr haywood which makes it  not very impartial.

it needs all personal & superfluous details removing and just be a statement of facts
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »
er, and fibre and fabric rinse has no sanitising or cleaning properties either its purpose is simply to put the ph level back to a more safe level.

I always thought one of the other reasons for using acid rinse was for stains/soiling that required acidity to eliminate them...

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 07:11:18 pm »
It would sound better if it was Mr Gribble, not Len.
Sign yourself with your full name with no kind regards, 'Yours faithfully' if you like.
 but I would not bother, just your name and signature.eg

signed name
 Wendy xxxx,
 XYZ cleaning company.

You are writing an official document, so it should be formal.

Hope you don't mind me saying.

Sounds as if he is trying it on...
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Paul Heath

Re: A customer of ours has an issue New
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 07:16:44 pm »
Colin for info:Fibre & Fabric Rinse
A professional acidic rinse agent for neutralising alkaline pre-sprays and stabilising colours. WoolSafe approved maintenance product for wool carpets and rugs. Prevents most colour bleed, yellowing and browning and conditions all natural and synthetic fibres. Also effective for neutralising urine contamination and odours in carpets.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
You could use "cleaned using professional procedures"

Shaun

Linds Russell

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »
Apparently, according to Woolsafe, acid rinsing doesn't actually lower the pH to a neutral state after pre-spraying with Powerburst type pre-sprays. Its a common misconception within our industry.

I haven't pH tested this myself to see if its true - this came from 2 very knowledgeable people who  are Woolsafe certified, 1 of whom is a Woolsafe inspector and 1 of whom is a supplier.

Cue the debate...
Linds

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »
Woolsafe also recommend vanish for the general public to remove stains........

so what do they know ??

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »
Under the tenants deposit scheme disputes such as this are to be sorted by a neutral assessor

I had a long talk with one when fitting blinds last year.

Common misconception Number one is that Landlord can insist on new carpet  even if it is damaged.

The agent should not be involved.

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 11:45:52 pm »
Rinsing with an acidic rinse does lower the ph. Even using a truckmount with plain water lowers the ph to around neutral. I have tested it.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 01:24:12 am »
problems we have had in the past with empty houses and agents is that we insist that a window is left open to allow air flow to assist with keeping humidy down and cutting the risk of any odour forming. Where pet odours are present we find Clensan to be very affective by spraying on to the affected areas, leavibng for 10 mins or so, then rinsisng. We have had to return 2 only 2 in the past 10 years and in both cases the agent insisted on closing the property up and not allowing any air flow through windows. We not actually get then to sign a form stating they understand why air flow is so important in the dry proceedure, thus reducing the risk of any bacteria and odours being formed.

AJB

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 12:24:04 pm »
If neither of you thought they needed cleaning
why hit it with Power Burst.

Surely if the tenant wanted a report, you have
negated any affect this report could have by
cleaning it yourselves.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!