Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wayne Boardman

Roman and Roller Blinds
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:17:59 pm »
Hi All.
Cleaned a carpet few weeks ago and just had an email back asking do/would i clean 8 roman blinds and 3 roller blinds.
Done lots of chairs and sofas etc...but never curtains etc.
Stay away? Or anyone done these before and got any tips?

Thanks Wayne

Jim_77

Re: Roman and Roller Blinds
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:34 pm »
The problem with Roman blinds is that they have the ribs and string which in most cases you can't remove.  If they are only lightly soiled and just need the dust removing, they should be cleanable leaving them up, good old vac with a hand held turbo vac, mist of microspliotter or m-power and towelled off

If they're more heavily soiled and need extraction cleaning, usually they're easy to take down, in which case they can be cleaned on some sheets on the floor.  Don't forget you have to do both sides, and it is a bit of a faff so charge accordingly.  They should eb re-hung and left extended to dry.

Roller blinds should be a bit easier, could probably be left hanging and extended to full length to clean and dry.  But to be honest unless they are very expensive it might cost the same or more to clean them as buying a new one.

Ian Gourlay

Re: Roman and Roller Blinds
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:26:30 am »
Manufacturers recommend taking down roller blinds laying them on a towel and cleaning them with a cloth and mild soapy water. Hang to dry away from sun

Same applies to verticals although a few can  be cleaned in washing machine

I deal with several manufacturers and this is always the advise

Extracta used to do a tool for blind cleaning but does not appear to be popular as I never heard anyone claim to use one.  A phone call to Extracta could help.

There is Sonic Blind cleaning equipment a friend of mine has one in one of the cluster of Northern Cities and occasionally picks up big contracts from offices but  they do cost several thousand pounds   and he is not earning from it on a weekly basis.

Most Romans are dry clean only.