Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

loss of suction
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:26:20 pm »
my truck mount seems to have lost some suction but upon closer inspection I noticed that it seemed to be ok at the blower end but lower suction at wand end. Having replaced the tank seal and checking and cleaning vac hoses out checking wand for obstructions I finally got it sorted today. I couldn't believe what I had missed. On a daily basis I rinse out the filter inside the waste tank  that protects the blower, after looking at it earlier today it seemed clean but I noticed that I could not see light through it and upon rinsing a filled it full of water and it did not empty. I gave it a good blast with hot water at high pressure and bobs your uncle. Its like having a different machine. It just goes to show how sometimes the simplest of things are not so obvious but make all the difference.

Re: loss of suction
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:10 pm »
That is so true with most faults in the electro-mechcanical fields, it's usually the basics that people miss, but instead dive into the most complex piece of the machinery looking for the fault.

PaulKing

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
Easy done it's the fine fluff that deposit on the filter, been there myself.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24:51 pm »
Doing that cruise ship job the other day, I ran my TM without the strainer basket to keep the airflow up.  I didn't realise the carpets were going to be wool until we got into the ship!  No word of a lie, when I washed out the tank back at home I filled 2 buckets with all the soggy woollen fluff!!

Mick what other filtering apart from pre-blower filter do you have?  Maybe you're getting dry soil sucked through that isn't getting dampened (like when you move a sofa and suck up all the dust from under it without pre-spraying).  I know sometimes that happens to me, so if I come across a patch of dry dusty fluff I'll always draw a load of water up the wand first before going over it, so it dampens the inside of the hoses - dry dust sticks to the hose walls and stops it getting sucked all the way to the blower filter