Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PaulKing

RX 20 what do you think
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »
Small audience here maybe,  but for those that have them or even have had them, what do you think, I have a repeat job of  a thousand square meters that needs HWE ( ultimate fighting club, loads of blood and snot and need to get it out first time or they might kill me or something like that, they are mackems so there probably bluffing, probably would be a chinese burn or something.

SO what do you reckon what are they like on big open areas, how many sq meters can you do,  and is it one of those purchases that hurts at the start, and makes you laugh every time after ?

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Paul Moss

Re: RX 20 what do you think
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »
Paul i was in the same boat a few months ago and ended up with the rv instead of the rx. I made the right decision but i had to make a couple of adjustments to it for best results

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »
I've had a an RX20 and used an RV360 IMO I think the RV would be used more as the RX although very good is a one trick pony and cumbersome although it may cover more yardage quicker and last longer.

That's my view anyways.

Shaun

nevil

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 04:52:17 pm »
On big areas they are superb. I don't think HM sell them on the basis that they are faster than wanding but in my opinion they are a lot quicker. Before I got mine John at HM let me borrow one to see how I got on with it. Once I tried it it was never going back to them. Couldn't get my money out fast enough. Once you  get the height set up right it is fairly effortless to use. For large areas it's a must have.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »
Tried em all, nothing cleans half as well as the RX, did a restaurant recently, after doing the first half it was a 1/4 higher than the rest of the carpet and was like walking on a soft new carpet...beautiful.

did a function room a couple of months ago 350 yrds sq, it was manky, completed in 2 hours 45 mins.

If you wanna crack a nut, why waste time get a hammer job done in one. that's the RX

Dave

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »
Don't even hesitate Paul, the RX will do you proud.  Speed depends on the job - on very dirty carpets probably around the same speed as a wand but with much better results.  On lightly soiled carpets, definitely a bit quicker than the wand.

But that doesn't matter... the most important thing is at the end of a long day with the RX, the most you'll have is a bit of an arm ache, whereas throwing a wand around all day just generally knackers the whole of you out.  Much less physical stress with the RX

Also, you'll start to find more and more jobs where you use the RX on so it won't just come out for that one big contract you have ;)

David Ware

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:13:39 pm »
Have just finished a low profile using the RX 20, really great results. Previously had used Ti wand which gave good results. The RX wins all the time.
Not always faster than wanding but will always do a better job
David

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »
The RX is the dogs danglies. Have 3 and wouldn't use anything else on the job you describe.

Simon

des

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »
Hi all .While we are talking about the RX20 can any one help .Mine keeps blowing the small fuse in the handle  .Any idea what could be causing this. Des ???
des at mister clean

Colin Day

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 07:47:33 pm »
Is the RX20 and Rotovac 360 comparable, or are they equally as good as each other?

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »
Is the RX20 and Rotovac 360 comparable, or are they equally as good as each other?

Looking on the web I see both say they can be used by portables. What is the minimum requirement (of the portable) that get the results with them?

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »
I used one 15 years ago  with the chem dry rubbish extractor 100 psi and single vac at 75 ft , worked ok , left carpets dry in an hour.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

clive ware

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 12:31:40 am »
Mine keeps doing that Des-dont know why ???

Jim_77

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:14 am »
Des/Clive,

Have you checked your mains lead for damage?  Might be where it has been trapped in a door or something, causing an intermittent short ???

Looking at it from a practical point of view, a fuse blows when the current going through it exceeds a certain level.  Current through a wire increases the hotter the wire gets, and a wire will get hotter the more resistance is encountered.  So maybe something is wrong in the machine... have you checked your gearbox oil level?  If the motor is having to work harder to turn the gear box (due to low oil)  this could maybe cause the problem ???

Colin I would say the rotovac is more suited to domestic work and smaller scale commercial, and the RX really only for commercial.

It is physically possible to run an RX-20 from a standard twin vac portable but I wouldn't bother, it'll be crap.  I'd say minimum machine to power it would need to be triple vac or jaguar with decent pump output (so you would find one useful, especially with the added heat)

derek west

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 08:04:32 am »
mine did the same, kept cutting out intermittantly. luckily i was on a school job and the electricians were in, they found that one of the actual metal wires inside the cable had snapped but was still touching, they did a quick cut and repair join for me to finish the job, ive now got a standard 1 meter kettle lead and a 10 meter extension cable, works a treat.

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 12:57:28 pm »
Paul, make sure you send Steven in to do that job.................with his Newcastle top on ;)

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 05:35:22 pm »
A question for all the RX-20 users out there........

that use the pad holder and bonnets - Used it in bonnet mode the other day for the first time, but how the heck do you remove the pad holder?   With the normal cleaning star, you just gently 'step' on the heel and it spins off, but the pad holder has nowhere to gain purchase on?
Please help!
Thanks,
Pete ???
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

derek west

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »
 a swift jolt with the instep of your boot does the trick pete.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:01:02 am »
Pete
A quick squirt of WD40 in the thread of the drive board helps.
Also if it is still tight put a spanner on top of the shaft ,turn the drive board so the spanner is against the body of the RX then simply spin the drive board off.

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:43 pm »
Thanks to Derek & Steve....... found the nut on the drive shaft and got a spanner on it and managed to spin the drive board off easily.   Will lubricate the drive thread before next use.

cheers.   ;D
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102