Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

Re: Blacktop
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »
That is defo not what blacktop looks like thats just a dirty carpet

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »
To hit Black top You need High Ph cleaning solution,high heat,dwell time,high pressure, agitation, powerful  extraction system. Anything less you will end up with limited cleaning results as the cleaning pie is full IMO.
                                                                          Mark

graeme marchbank

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 08:13:49 am »
Try Enzall,  long dwell, it will eat it no problem :D

Oh yeh, and a powerful TM would also help ;)

Black-top with a pad? ???
Keep on trucking.........

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 08:20:20 am »
SPM, CRB, good porty (Jag) and a Zeta at 90 degrees! And it'd have eaten black top for breakfast... ;)

gwrightson

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 09:05:14 am »

what you need is a good wire brush :)   to break the surface  ,plenty of pre spay and aggitation using ,a high ph  chem, and high temp extraction. or as an alternatve   try  ,ermm  c****** s**a
 ;)  works wonders .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 09:06:36 am »
To elucidate a bit on Colin's post

with the equipment you have, change the chem to SPM and you will do better than with your DF chem.

get a cheap rotary with a shampoo brush, rotary can be as little as £80 and new shampoo brush can be £65 and you can attempt anything.

ducks down and put's on tin hat

derek west

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 09:16:03 am »
what you need for black top is hot water and a good bit of kit ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elH5htCumso

ps...first half of the vid is tame compared to the second half.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:24 am »
Phil,
Your problem is  you are trying to remove blacktop with a system that simply wasn't designed to that kind of work.
If you're going to get anywhere in this business you have to invest in the right equipment and get some proper training as clearly the problems you are experiencing getting yourself established are related to  the lack of both.

Simon

jim mca

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 10:16:15 am »
Phil

Why dont you try and find work your system is designed for and make your life easier then start saving for more kit but if you learn to market your system to its full potential then you might not need to invest in anything else 3 carpets cleaned and protected for £95 should bring in good work if you target the right custys.

Colin Day

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:27 am »
To elucidate a bit on Colin's post

with the equipment you have, change the chem to SPM and you will do better than with your DF chem.

get a cheap rotary with a shampoo brush, rotary can be as little as £80 and new shampoo brush can be £65 and you can attempt anything.

ducks down and put's on tin hat

Take yer hat off... You have a point.... ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 12:32:08 pm »
Hi Guys

There are two types of black top, bar and kitchen.

The former contains mostly sugar from all the drink spills, the latter will have a lot of protein bonds from the food spills.

In my view enzymes should be used sparingly as they can be asthma sensitisers and are unecessary on bar related blacktops.However on food based blacktops they will give you a much better result than anything else.

Hope that's clearer than a blacktop!!

Cheers

Doug

Russ Chadd

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 01:24:57 pm »
SPM, CRB, good porty (Jag) and a Zeta at 90 degrees! And it'd have eaten black top for breakfast... ;)

I agree with Colin, however like you have said you are on a tight budget so here is what i would suggest:

If more and more of your jobs are similar to the one in question then you can justify the purchase of a HWE setup, my first machine was a second hand Prochem steempro, spend £100 on a days training at Prochem and invest in some chemicals while you are on the course.
Alternately you can seek training and advise from a local supplier.

Its all about having the correct tools for the job mate :)

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »
You could always invest in some of the NEW vanish that is being advertised.....

Jobs a goodun

;D ;D ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:09 pm »
If you got paid for this job then count yourself lucky and put the money toward a HWE portable.

The next time you get a job like this get an experienced guy on the job with you and split the money. You will learn far more than posting on here.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:39 pm »
Phil,

I am not sure on this but because the restore brush is made of alloy, perhaps you can have the heater turned on? This would probably help quite a bit.

As for blacktop, it's different from "normal" heavy soiling (which Restore is great on) and I've found Bactoshield fairly effective. If in doubt ask Shaun for advice. He's the main man.

If there are two of us working, then one does the vacuuming then switches to the (separate) scrubbing machine. This will have either the PP brush or an XR scrub pad attached. The second person follows up using the DF machine throughout.
You can't have the heat on with restore brush mate you just make up the restore with hot water then restore brush it without heat, i was told about using xr pad but i'm worried of causing any damage to parts that have no blacktop lol.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »
Buy yourself a reasonably good hwe set up even if you have to borrow the money.
Already in debt to the mother in law for my startup lol.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »
That is defo not what blacktop looks like thats just a dirty carpet

Tony
It definately was blacktop like rubber or is that not blacktop?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
If you got paid for this job then count yourself lucky and put the money toward a HWE portable.

The next time you get a job like this get an experienced guy on the job with you and split the money. You will learn far more than posting on here.
I did get paid because i knuckled down with my steamer and extraction after hitting with restore and then dry fusioning after it was just hard work thats why i asked for the advice i still done a decent enough job as i do with all my jobs when i'm limited just like the club i done today they was over the moon didn't think that would come up and then booked me for small room upstairs next week.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 06:58:45 pm »
Well hats off to you for getting it in the first place and knucking down. There's been a few jobs I go back to and they seem so easy now, but remember the first time I did them due to lack of knowledge, equipment and chems and they were bloody murder.   ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 07:01:33 pm »
i'l get there wynne aslong as i do the best i can and listen and learn then i'l get there.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk