Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Blacktop
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »
Done a Club today all full of Blacktop and it was a nightmare because i don't yet have restore brush for my Dry Fusion machine but going off today i don't know how good the Restore brush would be and at £300 it's not cheap.

Today i presprayed with restore then used restoration pad to agitate then blasted with my steamer then extracted with my rug doctor then cleaned dry fusion normally and still it didn't fully go but looked 100 times better how can i improve bearing in mind i only have dry fusion???

take a look at the blacktop on my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extreme-Clean-Carpet-Cleaning-Services/319805778036102

thanks Phil
Extreme Clean
Carpet's to Dry For!!!
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Kinver_Clean

Re: Blacktop
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:42:04 pm »
Get a HWE machine and the best chems for the job.
Padding is not IMO sufficient for blacktop. It needs lots of hot water- the only time I use hot nowadays.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:03 pm »
don't have the funds to invest in HWE and waht chems would you recommend specifically for blacktop?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

davep

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »
I looked at your facebook pictures but didn't see any photos of blacktop. which ones were they?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
don't have the funds to invest in HWE and waht chems would you recommend specifically for blacktop?

I can't believe this is on here, today of all days. This is exactly what we have been discussing in our meeting today. Untrained operators, incorrect machinary for the job, lack of knowledge... but yet are getting the work.

Has this industry gone mad. You do work like this and claim not to be able to afford correct machinary and "dont even know what correct chemicals to use" Did the manager of that club know this? Has the world gone mad? This job alone should be able to pick you up a second hand HWE or at least some training to gain some chemical understanding.

davep

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:32:56 pm »
See if someone local can take you out to show a decent hwe set up on a few jobs, odds are you will soon be rid of the dry fusion apart from commercial jobs

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 06:36:34 pm »
thanks Dave what would you recomend as a 1st machine limited budget?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

davep

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »
Ideal full set up over on clean talk, no heater but you can pick one up later on if needed. 

Your welcome to come out for a day with me but bit of a trek for you I'm in liverpool

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »
Try looking on ebay, you can usually pick up a good bargain on there, however it does pay to know a little bit about the portables as it is far cheaper to fix, repair and maintain them yourself.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 06:45:47 pm »
Cheers Dave but liverpool is abit far pal and cheers monty apoligies for stressing you just p****d me off.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

garry22

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 07:00:25 pm »
Phil,

You CAN (at least in theory) do most jobs with most systems.

Some, however are better than others for different jobs. I use Dry Fusion a lot but not on blacktop.

I was told by someone at Dry Fusion to use it on black top as well. The problem is that there is so much to remove that it takes a long time and HWE is more effective.

If you are going to use DF stuff then hot Bactoshield seems to break it down better. Then use pads soaked (then wrung out) in plain hot water. To be honest, it's pushing it with that set up. Incidentally, COLD Bactoshield works very well on blood stains.

As for the brush, I do not have a restore brush, I just use a polypropylene scrubbing brush on a rotary machine.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 07:02:55 pm »
Fleetwood to Blackpool 59 miles.
That really isn't far to get a days 'free experience' of HWE machines in use.
Come on get a grip do you want to be professional or not?

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »
fleetwood to blackpool 59miles lol its only 6 miles but who would want me to go out with them so close to eachother
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »
Yes , its more like 5.9 miles too .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 07:07:43 pm »
Phil,

You CAN (at least in theory) do most jobs with most systems.

Some, however are better than others for different jobs. I use Dry Fusion a lot but not on blacktop.

I was told by someone at Dry Fusion to use it on black top as well. The problem is that there is so much to remove that it takes a long time and HWE is more effective.

If you are going to use DF stuff then hot Bactoshield seems to break it down better. Then use pads soaked (then wrung out) in plain hot water. To be honest, it's pushing it with that set up. Incidentally, COLD Bactoshield works very well on blood stains.

As for the brush, I do not have a restore brush, I just use a polypropylene scrubbing brush on a rotary machine.

Well dry fusion tell me to use Retore on it and coupled with the Restore Brush so have you never used the restore brush? i'm gonna get them down when iv'e got a bad job to show me if it works then i'l buy it if it doe's.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 07:18:32 pm »
fleetwood to blackpool 59miles lol its only 6 miles but who would want me to go out with them so close to eachother

My mistake I meant Liverpool where DaveP is, who offered you an opportunity.
Or go on the TACCA website and you will find others within a sensible distance who would show you what to expect from HWE

garry22

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 07:40:42 pm »
Phil,

I am not sure on this but because the restore brush is made of alloy, perhaps you can have the heater turned on? This would probably help quite a bit.

As for blacktop, it's different from "normal" heavy soiling (which Restore is great on) and I've found Bactoshield fairly effective. If in doubt ask Shaun for advice. He's the main man.

If there are two of us working, then one does the vacuuming then switches to the (separate) scrubbing machine. This will have either the PP brush or an XR scrub pad attached. The second person follows up using the DF machine throughout.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »
Buy yourself a reasonably good hwe set up even if you have to borrow the money.

clive ware

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »
You could always try wringing your pads out in a heater bucket or see if you can find a second hand texatherm heater.