Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig melvin

When The Snows Gone !
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:26:44 pm »
I keep an eye on this forum for the wife - she does the carpet cleaning !

But just a thought when we get the snow, which we havnt had yet & people have been trapesing in and out their houses dragging in the wet and salts etc... do the calls start then? once the snow has gone - or do many wait for spring?

Craig

Jim_77

Re: When The Snows Gone !
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »
Ask your wife!

craig melvin

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »
we dont know mate - she only started last april --- another newbie!

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Burst pipes gets you a flood of work after the thaw.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
Ask yourself a question.  Do you walk in from the snow and salt with your wellies on, across the lounge carpet?  Or do you take them off at the front door? :)

Depends on what sort of customers you're aiming at really.  I have had a few customers saying after the cold snaps that they hung on till the snow went, but plenty others still having the work done.

I would say commercial customers would be more averse to having carpet cleaning done in the middle of a snowy spell.

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:32 am »
In answer to your question. Loads leave it till the snows gone is whati find

And think most think leave it till the spring, historically jan/ feb  always have been  quite times but last few years its be different.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:49:40 am »
I can see why carpet cleaning goes down but I never understand why suite cleaning suffers, people don't come in and walk all over the suite.

I had 7500 leaflets put out last week and have another 24000 going out in Jan all with a suite cleaning & stain removal special offer.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mathewl

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:57 am »
I keep an eye on this forum for the wife - she does the carpet cleaning !

But just a thought when we get the snow, which we havnt had yet & people have been trapesing in and out their houses dragging in the wet and salts etc... do the calls start then? once the snow has gone - or do many wait for spring?

Craig

The number of clients that i had so far like to clean immediately after snow has gone.
Very few customers close to none during snow.