Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Business plans for 2012
« on: December 27, 2011, 01:39:47 pm »
Hello blokes/lasses,

I thought that it would be interesting to know what plans everybody has for their businesses in the coming year?

Do you plan to expand? Employ? Down size? Pack it in? Go vat reg? Un vat reg? Sell up? Retire?

In my game the decisions tend to get made for me with regards to how much work I'm taking on as things change from one moment to the next but I'm up for any challenge that is put my way this year and I'm looking to push on...

The main thing firstly for all of us and our families is to stay healthy for the coming year and beyond I'm sure you all agree.

Good luck for 2012,

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Steve CM

Re: Business plans for 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:57:19 pm »
To tweak things so I have less hassle day to day. To target commercial contracts on a larger area. To gain accreditations within the business.

But personally

I'm going to retrain in web programming and multi media. Brush up on all my graphic design skills and look to start a business alongside the window cleaning

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »
Nearly double what i have now and see from there
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:40:03 pm »
am going to do a 30 kncking experiement, to see what i get,  just got to find some one decent to help with cleaning first,  as dont want to get loads of work and be knackered all the time

king marko

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »
Gonna push it in the new year - want another weeks work to make me happy.
Would love to upgrade the van but that can wait its not essential
A friends son has asked he can help me for a few hours a week so might see how that goes as a favor  :)

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 03:21:37 pm »
I'm gonna give my head a wobble this year and concentrate on getting good quality well priced domestic work, refine all the rounds n dump dump dump! We are going to try n get a 50/50 split of commercial/domestic work n try n take a nice salary 20k myself this year,I'm reducing the workforce and will be working much smarter like when I first started offering a higher level of service which I haven't worked out yet  ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »
I'm gonna give my head a wobble this year and concentrate on getting good quality well priced domestic work, refine all the rounds n dump dump dump! We are going to try n get a 50/50 split of commercial/domestic work n try n take a nice salary 20k myself this year,I'm reducing the workforce and will be working much smarter like when I first started offering a higher level of service which I haven't worked out yet  ;D ;D ;D

Richy....are you saying that with everything that you have going on,trade supplies,employing blokes,building rounds up that you think that 20k is a nice salary or is that before your dividends at year end?

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »
I'm getting back to basics mate stripping it all back it's easy to get carried away n think ur getting big when u canvass loads of work but u lose half of it and more, I'd love to do trade counter but I think its going on the back burner for while, plus a company local has setup that operate forty mins away from us that advertise on here
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 03:41:34 pm »
I've not been taking any wage to be honest mate for a while after break ins etc tried to battle on n keep all the lads but just wasn't workin financially so one is goin when we get back in jan
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 03:54:25 pm »
Would love to get my round to about 30k per year. But not just a round a GOOD round  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 06:37:26 pm »
My only business plan for this year is to turn over £xxk by 30/9 (the end of my accounting year).  If I achieve this, it will be a decent rise on last year.  I don't need any extra work to achieve it.  I just need to keep nearer to my work schedules and pull my finger out more.  Also, I want to keep the costs down a bit in achieving this.  Apart from a couple of brushes and some pre filters and resin, I have a good stock of tools so won't need to buy any for quite a while.
At the moment, I am a few hundred behind my target but hey, it's mid winter.

Danny Guest

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 06:44:07 pm »
i want to expand on what ive already built. i will be pushing my property businessvthis year too whixch was registered last year but hasnt been very active.

all the best for 2012

danny
Guest Cleaning Services

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »
increase work load by %
employ 2 more staff members find and train a manager to run day to day tasks to allow me the freedom to run my other business and also look at window washers and the way I want to take it forward.
put another van on the road for seperate work and sporadic cleans
redesign window washers site and monitise fully (long over due, but underway as i type)
JV with other business
gain % extra turnover from gaining commercial work
Come out of working on the tools
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

bobby p

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »
got the nod to take on a chunk of work from  a comm. WFP lot who are doing a shoddy job . i dont know the main man but i think i will soon !

i will double my house round in 2012 and have a 2nd van in spring

lcwalker

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 07:23:17 pm »
I want to try to get £1000 worth of work a month my rounds pretty small at the moment,that figure would do me just fine as i do other work to.

Cbs Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 07:08:40 am »
Build on last year, and take a couple of weeks off in the summer.

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:55 am »
I've not been taking any wage to be honest mate for a while after break ins etc tried to battle on n keep all the lads but just wasn't workin financially so one is goin when we get back in jan

I really hope it all works out for you richy,you are defo a tryer mate....

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 07:28:11 am »
me,well i am down sizing,work 4 days,not 5/6 and enjoy life

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:21 am »
I'm gonna give my head a wobble this year and concentrate on getting good quality well priced domestic work, refine all the rounds n dump dump dump! We are going to try n get a 50/50 split of commercial/domestic work n try n take a nice salary 20k myself this year,I'm reducing the workforce and will be working much smarter like when I first started offering a higher level of service which I haven't worked out yet  ;D ;D ;D

Ritchy you need help honestly. Ditch all the staff sell the work and keep the cream then you should be drawing £30K not hoping for £20k and get off your arse and do some work.

richywilts

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 10:00:03 am »
I'm gonna give my head a wobble this year and concentrate on getting good quality well priced domestic work, refine all the rounds n dump dump dump! We are going to try n get a 50/50 split of commercial/domestic work n try n take a nice salary 20k myself this year,I'm reducing the workforce and will be working much smarter like when I first started offering a higher level of service which I haven't worked out yet  ;D ;D ;D

I know what your saying but that was never my plan or goal and that would be easy way out but il give it another two years of building and see where I am I've lost all focus this year after two break ins n just done wat was necessary to keep business going if we could get a few nice 5 to 10 grand contracts a year I could sell a lot of my so so work off which we have dumped loads off now.this Xmas break is doing me good recharge my batteries I've not had a few days off all year

Ritchy you need help honestly. Ditch all the staff sell the work and keep the cream then you should be drawing £30K not hoping for £20k and get off your arse and do some work.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct