This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

Re: Business plans for 2012
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 08:21:29 pm »
would love to double our work load, so we can have the 2nd van out full time

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »
Another £1000 a month and I will be happy.  :-*
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

alanwilson

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 11:29:44 pm »
keep going the way we're going.

I happy with life and work.

I have a savings account going for the 2 lads that work for me (my son works for me too but he's convinced he's a junior director) - I'm hoping that by Easter there will be enough in there to send the 2 guys away for a week with their wives.

Oh and I'm going to take more time off this year as well - because I can.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
thats a nice thing to do Alan .... do the guys know about this or are you springing it on them ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

CraigBlues

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 12:52:33 am »
thats a nice thing to do Alan .... do the guys know about this or are you springing it on them ?

You weren't in worcs town centre at 7am this morning were you?

alanwilson

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 01:00:00 am »
gonna spring it on them.

I've said it time and again, your staff are vital to having a strong business.  So I don't mind spending a bit on keeping everyone happy.

Look at it this way, over the last 3 years, I have put aside £1.50 per day per man.  That equates to £7.50 per week, £330 a year per man ( I set money aside the weeks they work)

3 years is £990 per man, so over the last 3 years its totalled £1980.  The account has just over £2000 in it which is about right given the odd sick day here and there and interest etc.

So when the account gets to £2200 I'll sort something out for them.  I want to find out first whether they would prefer the money or holiday - I mean, if they need extra money (I pay them well) then obviously I'd rather they got the money, but then money as a present is kinda cold and thoughtless.

Either way, the boys have earned it ten times over.

Worcs town centre?  No mate, I'm from just outside Glasgow.  I was in my bed at 7 this morning (feeling the wife up!)
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2012, 08:45:06 am »
hes asking me alan

craig no it wasnt me.... just got out of bed
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

mike roberts

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:17 am »
Ritchy,

It sounds like you have some tough decisions to make in the early part of this year, don't leave it too long before biting the bullet!

As I'm sure most on here are aware we do most aspects of cleaning and now employ 21 staff to do it, however..........some of it is very profitable, some not so profitable, some is actually getting to the point where it's more hassle than it's worth!

2012 will be a year for us to promote and push for the type of work that is making us money and to phase out the work that's not.  

I've just had a look at the window cleaning turnover for 2010 and 2011 and we are showing a 35.2% growth in 2011 compared to 2010 which is quite pleasing, especially considering we haven't increased staff numbers on the windows in the past 12 months.

Our domestic and office cleaning work on the other hand is pretty much where it was this time last year, however we've had to sort out a few changes of staff, which takes time and effort to organise.  So that may be getting reviewed over the next quarter!

Turnover overall is up by 17.7% on 2010..... not worked out the profit bit yet!

Ian,
Do you mind me asking what sort of split you have with interior / exterior staff.....

We used to cover domestic / office cleaning in the end profits were minimal + lots lots of hassel esp domestics (staff + customers).. we still cover a few old customers but will not take on new work in this area.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2012, 11:50:31 am »
Mike,

We've got 10 men all full time hours (6 window cleaners, 2 doing carpet cleaning/leather work, 2 doing Wheelie Bin Cleaning) the rest are all female doing mainly office/domestic/one off cleaning, they work a variety of hours from 5 hours to 37.5hrs a week. 

Profits on this are lower than on the other work, however we do have some contracts that are very profitable, especially on the commercial side.

concept

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2012, 12:07:16 pm »
My plan is to sell up and start something else, something that will achieve higher profits, with less headaches...yeah, if only!

At the minute my plan is to sell, but, if I have another huge year like 2011, I may change my mind again and stick it out.

Robert hawes

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »
My Business plan is this year get a bigger van like a 650 and get sum1 new so can bee 3 off us and go to about £10k a mth and do a lot off subbing too  :) get a lot off new shops and buy more work lol then get vat thats how i want my 2012

slendersunfish

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »
Automate things.Payments,emails,round order,websites and marketing.

tompoole

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 08:03:12 am »
 work less maybe take someone on would be
Good. Target work four day week 9-2pm that would be good:-)

Window Washers

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 11:56:42 am »
My plan is to sell up and start something else, something that will achieve higher profits, with less headaches...yeah, if only!

At the minute my plan is to sell, but, if I have another huge year like 2011, I may change my mind again and stick it out.

the headaches lol, I maybe interested in taking some off your hands  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Erithwc

Re: Business plans for 2012 New
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2012, 05:44:08 pm »
I'm going for it this year last year was the worst year of my life so far personally.

for january my list of things to do is was

get van graphics sorted - done that

get website done - thats in the final stages should be ready in a week or so

get 10,000  leaflets designed and printed - done that they arrive next week

get 10,000 leaflets delivered - got to sort that out last week in jan for delivery in feb

and februarys going to be busy  ;D ;D