Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seymour Sunshine

NUMATIC CTD902 Carpet Cleaning Machine
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »
Hiyya Ya'all,

I've had an old Numatic 902 (with the 2000 Watt motor) carpet cleaner passed on to me and I'm wondering if it's OK to use as a basis of a small part-time business.

http://www.totalcleaningsupplies.co.uk/numatic-ctd902-carpet-cleaning-machine-84-p.asp

I'm self-under-employed in another business now and I'm just looking for something to take up a bit of slack. If I work one or two days a week I'll be quite happy with that.

I know that the machine won't be suitable for all types and all sizes of carpets and that it might be a bit under-powered, but I do intend to be selective about the jobs I take. i.e. select only those jobs which are suitable for the machine. If that's only one job in three, that's OK.

So:

1 - Is the machine really up to the job as a professional use machine?

2 - What size of jobs would it be suitable for? i.e. average house, small hotel?

3 - What types of carpets would you avoid cleaning with this machine?

4 - Where might I be able to get decent training to use the machine to its fullest capacity?

P.S. I'm sure that some people will have suggestions about other machines to buy, but please hold them. I can use the machine I've got and there's no possibility of buying anything else. This isn't intended to build up into anything bigger.
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

from edge2edge

Re: NUMATIC CTD902 Carpet Cleaning Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:39:06 pm »
You can tackle lots of work with these little machines(i hired them out for a few years and saw some very impressive results).The only type of jobs to avoid as such would be minging pubs with lots of blacktop(beer).Its always advisable to get training which is  available all over so get somewhere reasonably close to your home(prochem.alltec/cleansmart/ncca).Personally i would get it working well then look to trade up to a minimum twin vac machine(prochem/alltec etc) then you can pretty much tackle anything with the right training and application..............Alan(swindon...............centre of the unknown universe)

Colin Day

Re: NUMATIC CTD902 Carpet Cleaning Machine
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:15 pm »
I know a guy who runs a very successful carpet cleaning business with one of those machines..

I used to hire one out a while ago...