Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Re: Ionic v Brodex - The truth is out there!
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2004, 07:33:36 pm »
Well Mike have you barred Dom , I feel he had something to offer the forum , I know he went on about the same thing most of the time but is that not over now, so he should still be able to cotribute to other topics

Old_Master

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2004, 07:36:27 pm »
Majestic I feel beter for it!
like going to an AA meeting ;D

Majestic

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2004, 07:39:51 pm »
I wonder why

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2004, 10:58:59 pm »
Hi Mike and everyone else
Looking at it the only defence Sean has given is from past text chosen by yourself and don’t think barring him just because you have seen footage at ionics is the way to go. Sean or brodex do have a right to reply.
Even though in my opinion Sean did used to wind people up but he also did give useful advise to people when buying wfp’s, not ever company can afford the ionics set up and good to know what other systems are out their.
I see express cleaning does sell a domestic wfp made buy ionics lets just hope this has not clouded your decision. Sorry but I feel I had to say it.
I know I did state to you that I thought this was not a laughing matter with the crash test findings but Rubens from Ionics was still in the slagging match too. (Where theirs smoke there is fire)
Wouldn’t a better end result be to just tell all company’s of wfp’s not to drag up the subject again?
This does seem a bit harsh Mike.
Alan

Majestic

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2004, 12:39:34 am »

Mike you said
We've already allowed him to answer - what I've quoted from Sean was his defence
Was that before your visit or after.

I still feel that Dom should have his say  even if  you dont agree with it .

He should still be allowed to use the forum but not mention the crash testing   or face a ban . I think that it does look odd that you stock OTT products and have been so harsh with one of there competitors but thats only my opinion  (I know 2 people who will disagree with me )

BRING BACK THE DOM

WavieDavie

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2004, 12:58:45 am »
Yes, the whole point of a forum is to let everyone have their say, whether you agree with them or not. Difficult at times, I know.

As Dom himself said, you don't have to read his posts.

As some old French philosopher said, I might not agree with what was said, but I'll defend  to the death his right to say it (paraphrased)

I think this is going to run and run . . .
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

poleman

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2004, 06:08:32 am »
yes i would second that, if it is true express cleaning do stock OTT products then we all have been taken for mugs                      

:(                    :(                        :(

BRING BACK THE DOM

he keeps it real

Neil

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2004, 09:58:48 am »
The DOM keeps it real?
but he still slags the competition.
Freedom of speech is esential but it can turn into a tool against others.
I come on this forum for answers to questions and help with problems.
I would like to think that any answers I get are honest and not company sales motivated.
I dont have a problem with anyone using this forum providing they do it for the benifit of all and not just their profit margin!

Old_Master

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2004, 12:11:49 pm »
" Some suppress Freedom in the name of law and order"

What sort of company sends private investigators into their competitors -  Were humble manufacturers of pole systems  not  international organisations.

Brodex are not the only company these "dirty tricks" were used against.
And I am not talking about us (omnipole).
These tactics have been used many times - hence the dislike by the rest of the industry.

denzle

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2004, 12:28:19 pm »
I thought this was a forum for people in the same industry to help one another, not where company politics were aired. I have not found any of Doms postings to be of benefit in the least.
From what i read of his rantings, his sole purpose in life was to slate off any competitors systems and promote his own. Now that he has been found out as a teller of untruths i would suggest that we are better off without him. I don't see Peter F slating people off, quite the contrary... Peter seems very helpful to anyone asking for assistance.
The other thing i noticed was that some people liked to post messages in order to " Fire " Dom up, then they would sit back and watch the ensueing free for all.
My oppinion.... we're better off without this idiot.
But like i said its only my oppinion.
Denzle

BeeClean

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2004, 05:51:59 pm »
hi guys. does anyone want someone here whos going to lie to us when we ask them questions ??? for those that havnt been around for long you probably dont know that he was banned before so hes had a second chance already!

I thought he was a 'thingyhole' from the start anyway ;D ;D

jonesy5

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2004, 08:20:49 pm »
I am not saying views in case get barred!!!!!!
is this the way forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bRING BACK DOM

poleman

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2004, 10:30:55 pm »
I am not saying views in case get barred!!!!!!
is this the way forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bRING BACK DOM

jonesy you wont get barred for your views, i hope ???, this is what this forum is about. VIEWS

andy

dorset

fed member

g_griffin

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2004, 03:41:07 pm »
I don`t think Dom needed any firing up.

If there was a WFP related question you could guarantee Dom would post and not always positively.
I recall when he first joined, that this site was flooded with Dom`s posts and he needed no encouragement.
   Also, when it went quiet on the WFP front (not very often), Dom would post in an "antagonistic" manner( I use Mike`s term and agree). He did this without  help or urging from anyone to get a response/argument from other suppliers.
 When Rueben advertised a system in the Buy and Sell Used Equipment section, Dom followed with a similar product at a lower price immediately after. I don`t think this was coincidence and I don`t believe anyone put him up to it.
   Dom can`t blame anyone for getting him fired up, this is what he tried to do to others.
   I won`t mention telling lies.

Gerry.

stevekennedy

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2004, 01:37:19 pm »
Thanks Mike for taking this time to shed more light on the issue. But, Old Master & others, If Rueben had just walked into Brodex' premises and asked to have a system fitted, don't you think Sean would have suspected something?  ??? To be a fair test of a typical installation, it had to be someone who Sean wouldn't know. Using a private investigator sounds seedy, I agree, but, how else could they have done it?

Whole thing reminds me of these TV shows where they invite tradesmen to work on a house full of cameras. Why don't they just tell the builders/plumbers that they're being filmed?  ::) Pretty obvious why. Because the film company wouldn't see a typical example of the tradesman's work. It has to be done secretly. Same with the Ionic test.

However, I am NOT suggesting that Brodex (or any other supplier) are 'Rogue Traders'. Not at all. I don't believe they are out to rip off the public. Their prices seem reasonable, their equipment looks quality. But their system DID fail the safety test. Perhaps Sean(aka DOM) saw the forum as an opportunity to minimise the damage caused by this test, but all he has done is cause further damage to himself and his company. (If it is true that he has lied, then that is really disappointing  :( )

Perhaps if Sean and the other manufacturers co-operated more, they could combine resources and test together. Then the public faith would be restored. Until then, Ionic will have a big advantage over them. Just my opinion  ???

As for DOM coming back on the forum, I'll put in my two pence worth. On the RARE occasion, when DOM answered a question about water treatment or an aspect of pole technology etc. his comments were informative, helpful and welcome. However, he always seemed to have a sting in the tail. This was a shame. If only he realised how bad this makes him look. If he were to be helpful, and neutral as to his business interests then I, for one, would welcome him back. But I think he has upset a LOT of people  :-/

sham33

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2004, 04:31:03 pm »
I dont think we should be making any comments about Dom or Brodex if the guy cant come on here and defend himself.

I think we should just let it go. If not then let him back on. It just not cricket.

karlosdaze

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2004, 10:38:46 pm »
When DOM answered a question

Lol.............................did he ever answer a question?

APS_PureWash_Sys

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2004, 11:48:49 pm »
you can take it from me DOM'S gone for good!! the plug has been pulled on him and as some of you say he could not reply to Mike Boxall Hutton report the cleanitup God  or is he abusing the POWER of the forum????
yes this could be my last post the way things are going!!! yes mike does stock OTT gear!!!! but he has not seen both sides of the argument so the line is only half drawn
He has not taken up an invitation from Brodex to see their side of things!!

so this forum is now an IONIC'S Grooming ground
so watch out  thing are not what  they seem

AS THE CATCH PHRASE GOES
SAY WHAT YOU SEE
APS PureWash Systems
Pure Water Window Cleaning Equipment

APS_PureWash_Sys

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2004, 12:54:45 am »
if you can not see it for the smoke >:(
APS PureWash Systems
Pure Water Window Cleaning Equipment

Old_Master

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2004, 02:29:32 am »
I Agree
Mike better watch out their may be an "Ironic" take over bid!