This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

Ionic v Brodex - The truth is out there!
« on: January 27, 2004, 02:05:25 pm »
Just to let you know that I am meeting Craig Mawlam tommorrow in Lyneham to see the crash test 'data' that so many recent topics have covered. Like many others here I am getting tired of reading the same accusations time and again. Ionic says the system that failed the crash test was fitted by 'the competitor' and it has video evidence to prove it, while Brodex insists the machine in question was not - one of them is blatantly lying and I'm interested to know if this video actually exists and what's on it. Brodex also question the test proceedure used by Thatcham and claim that they will produce any results for a fee. Recently, Omnipole have joined the debate (again another one who has chosen to do it anonymously) and have suggested that the test video has been digitally modified.

There are also a number of other issues that have been discussed but have been inconclusive because one or other has witheld information and it will be interesting to see what information Ionic are prepared to share.

Ironically, pure water window cleaning is becoming more and more popular, in part at least, because it is considered safer than working with ladders. Crash testing is a serious issue and it's unfortunate that it's going to take the death of a window cleaner from a poorly fitted system before more manufacturers become proactive about safety and work together to make ALL systems safer.

I'll let you know on Thursday once I've discovered why they won't publish 'the data' (if indeed it actually exists!)

Regards

Mike

Majestic

Re: Ionic v Brodex - The truth is out there!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:30:04 pm »
Dom,
Are you not on there xmas card mailing list  ;D perhaps at the fed show you could try out each others products  ::)

sham33

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 05:48:51 pm »
Im sick and tired of hearing about it. Maybe if people want to ask these companys about there systems they could do us all a favour and PM them. Its pointless asking anything about it on the open forum. Just becomes a slanging match.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 08:09:33 pm »
Hi all.
On a serious note
I have just been on to ionic’s web site for the first time too see what their companies products were like as I am looking into buying a wfp, and it mad me feel quite sick with the thought what damage could be done when a tank goes a stray, this is a very sensitive area ionic has brought to our attention, and would like to know which company made the tank which failed.
Other manufactures should be made to carry out these tests with regards to health and safety.
Very shocked
Alan

APS_PureWash_Sys

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 09:47:38 pm »
Alan
go back and have another look at it and watch it over and over again an if you can take it frame by frame, to me it looks like the thing was not even bolted down.
by the way it was not one of my systems.
APS PureWash Systems
Pure Water Window Cleaning Equipment

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 11:07:19 pm »
;)Pandoras box I call it ???can of worms ???so many questions       ???  we all live we all learn :-/ we are all pros

in our own right ,would be nice we can all learn together

become united

we can all become

masters of our trade
and just be proud of what we have discoverd for generations to come the industry needs only pros

may be time to think and re think
always time for better moves,maybe ???do not knock what has been found

happy cleaning to all
new ways will always go ahead

WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 11:10:05 pm »
Im sick and tired of hearing about it. Maybe if people want to ask these companys about there systems they could do us all a favour and PM them. Its pointless asking anything about it on the open forum. Just becomes a slanging match.

well said  :) :) :)

i do domestic's and while i can see the point of a WFP for real high stuff, i do 1st floor and thats it, they can like it or lump it (i will expect lose biz to all your WFP guys, but hey, thats life)

we can go on and on all day and night about this test, that test

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 11:13:23 pm »
;)The world of the squee gee will never die ;)it could be
just teenage spots ??? ::) :P ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

denzle

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 11:36:23 pm »
I don't use a waterfed system, but if i were looking around for one i would make my own mind up on which system was best with the information provided from the various companies, not on the rantings of some disgruntled company employee/owner. I would not dream of slagging off a local competitor as i think it is as unprofessional as it gets to do so. I personaly find these rantings tedious to say the least.
This is my only word on the subject and will not respond to any replies intended to stir things up.
Denzle

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 12:13:25 am »
This whole issue is getting out of hand which is why I'm so keen to see the evidence myself. Having looked into pure water systems in some depth our conclusion was that while the Reach & Wash systems are not the cheapest they had the most comprehensive range available and without doubt have led the industry in terms of quality and innovation. With so many people questioning the validity of the crash tests (which is a fundamental selling point) we need to be convinced that they are indicative of a genuine crash.

I think the way forward will be to stop manufacturers getting involved in these topics unless they are directly asked to comment.

What does everyone else think?

Regards

Mike

Mikey Warner

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 12:19:34 am »
::)I Blame the guy who invented the pole ::)

;)

Mikey

karlosdaze

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 12:41:08 am »
Blame the guy who invented the window, wheel & water. ::)

paul w

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 12:46:18 am »
???terry heard you on capital radio pls print that song on hear cheers paul :o ;D
pane in the glASS

matt

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 12:46:59 am »
Mike

the idea of not letting the makers get involved in the discussion till they are asked will not work, as you will find they will sign up twice, use the "joe bloggs" name to ask themselves a question

Ive seen it happen many time on other topic boards

stevekennedy

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 12:49:34 am »
Hi Mike,

I agree with Denzle. But, well done for going and checking it all out. Bit difficult for likes of me to travel from Scotland.

Look forward to hearing your opinion.

SteveK

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 01:08:28 am »
Hi APS and all
Whether the tank was secured properly or not, who knows? But looking at what damage can be done with not securing the tank in properly i.e. serious harm or loss of life don’t you think their should be strict health and safety guidelines with all suppliers selling these systems,
My opinion what’s yours
Alan

paul

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 10:36:49 am »
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU SHINNY  ???THEY SHOULD HAVE TIGHTER RESTRICTIONS ON THE MANURFACTURES OF THESE SYSTEMS AND BE INDEPENDENTLY TESTED :'(

Neil

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 11:43:57 am »
I used to really enjoy this forum! I would look forward to loggin on after a hard day at the office :P
Not any more :(
It seems to have turned into a medium for companys to criticize each other :'(
I thought the idea behind this forum was to help people in the industry with problems and to swap ideas among fellow profesionals ???
Sadley it seems to have deteriated into nothing but scandel and bickering.
Reading all the slagging over the last few weeks has got annoying :'( Why dont you WFP lot go and do your childish moaning elswhere and let this forum continue to do what it was desinged for
WINDOW CLEANERS TALKING ABOUT WINDOW CLEANING

stevekennedy

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 01:32:21 pm »
Hi Wylie,

Maybe there should be a seperate section for waterfed poles  ??? That would keep such discussions seperate from other window cleaning issues. Perhaps Mike and Steve have already thought of that, I don't know  ???

There are plenty of other interesting posts on the forum. Would be a shame to stop using it just because of these arguments  :(

g_griffin

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 02:14:07 pm »
I don`t use a pole but to be fair,the wfp IS about window cleaning so the subject is entitled to be on here. It doesn`t matter what method you use. Some still use a chamois and scrim but I`m sure they`d be welcomed and advice given.
   But I do agree the pole debate could have been handled better and more constructively (entertaining as it was at first).
 Can you imagine representatives of Unger and Ettore slagging each other off on this site.

Gerry.