Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brencarpetman

RX 20 leaving marks
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:31 am »
Hi lads,

Just recently my hydramaster RX20 has started leaving dark circles behind it, and I seem to have to make more passes than normal.
I use it and always have with a porty, I use to use it with the "perfect heat pfx" now with the "jaguar". Never had a problem with it before, and I have thoroughly cleaned the head, vac slots etc.
Im thinking maybe when I cleaned the jets I didnt line them up properly?
Any Ideas?? driving me bananas.

Thanks Bren.

Go on da Leeds

Simon Gerrard

Re: RX 20 leaving marks
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:34:01 am »
Bren,
You may have a blocked jet, or blocked vac pipe (not just the slot)

Simon

AJB

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »
it could be insufficient water lift.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »

On a Jaguar?????

AJB

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
Yes you only have 132 - 136" of lift.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

brencarpetman

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »

Hi AJB,

Never had that problem before!
The jag has quite a bit more pull than the powerflite, and I had no trouble when I was using the powerflite before, so dont think thats the problem.
Simon you could be right about a blocked jet, Ill check that!
I checked the vac pipes they all ok.

Bren.
Go on da Leeds

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:32:34 pm »
Maybe your problem is the following:

The powrflite wasn't powerful enough to disturb the deeply impacted soiling, it was merely skimming the top, hence not washing up the "black death"

However now the jaguar with a little bit more oomph is disturbing the impacted soiling but isn't really up to the task of powering the RX-20 to its full potential and therefore not removing the soil you're washing up.

To be bluntly honest, an RX-20 is a truckmount tool.

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 08:34:27 pm »
From what Jim has said, maybe you just need to "Up" the psi!!!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 09:02:20 pm »
Bren,
Has it previously been working on the same machine?

Simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 11:06:44 pm »
You asume its the RX20 at fault. Have you checked the porty filters or vac?

steven Banks

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 11:37:51 pm »
An RX-20 will work all day long with a portable machine. Lift should'nt have any bearing.

Could the marks your refering to be related to oil from the o ring seal / gasket on the top of the attatchment head?

Try using it with your other machine if you still have it to see if it does the same?

brencarpetman

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:43 am »
An RX-20 will work all day long with a portable machine. Lift should'nt have any bearing.

Could the marks your refering to be related to oil from the o ring seal / gasket on the top of the attatchment head?

Try using it with your other machine if you still have it to see if it does the same?

Hi Steve,
Do you think it could be that? Have the machine good few years and have never changed the felt gasket, how often should they be changed?
It worked perfect for years but recently started leaving dark circles which I'm pretty sure is just water because it lifts when I go over it again, that's why I thought it was maybe the jets were not lined up correctly or that the glides might not be making full contact with the carpet. Sometimes you hit an uneven bit of floor and I thought that might have had an impact on the glides. They look fine, so don't know. Jim I really don't think it's anything to do with either porty, because like I said worked perfect for years. I too was wary about the RX with porty but spoke with Kevin at Hydramaster and convinced me it would be no problem. I take your point it is a truckmount tool, but from my experience it works perfectly with a porty too.
I'll try and up the PSI colin and see if that makes any difference too.

Bren.
Go on da Leeds

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 12:07:06 pm »

Im thinking maybe when I cleaned the jets I didnt line them up properly?

If it started doing it after you changing the jets,  then that's the answer.

steven Banks

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 11:14:47 pm »

Hi Steve,
Do you think it could be that? Have the machine good few years and have never changed the felt gasket, how often should they be changed?
It worked perfect for years but recently started leaving dark circles which I'm pretty sure is just water because it lifts when I go over it again, that's why I thought it was maybe the jets were not lined up correctly or that the glides might not be making full contact with the carpet. Sometimes you hit an uneven bit of floor and I thought that might have had an impact on the glides. They look fine, so don't know. Jim I really don't think it's anything to do with either porty, because like I said worked perfect for years. I too was wary about the RX with porty but spoke with Kevin at Hydramaster and convinced me it would be no problem. I take your point it is a truckmount tool, but from my experience it works perfectly with a porty too.
I'll try and up the PSI colin and see if that makes any difference too.

Bren.

The felt gasket seal should be changed at the end of each working day really. Any oil will do, it just helps to lubricate it and you'll find it will do a much better job as it not only gives better suction, but helps you to remove the head with ease. Like i said, an Rx20 will give a better result with a portable unit over a wand. 

Hope you manage to get it sorted   :)