Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kerrpmiddleton

how busy have you tou been Nov - Dec
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:40 pm »
 :Djust wondering , how you have all been this year , especially nov - dec , last year was the worst ever
 :'( for some resone this year is no better , done ok nov mostly commerical work , bad December , phones just not ringing checked line near every day,then the snow people canclinig, just never happened ,think we should get a members poll on this subject  ::) ps we need a spell checker , ??????? my spelling neaver been great any way

Steve Gunn

Re: how busy have you tou been Nov - Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:39:51 pm »
It's been steady away Nov-Dec then went silly last week still getting them ringing up wanting stuff done this week,back on the 30th normally I don't go back till the schools go back

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »
Steve you sound like a paedo :o

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:09 pm »
Nov was quite good and December not so good, but already I'm getting plenty of enquiries for the New year and booked 2 in today for February. It's a bloody odd lark this carpet cleaning business.... ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »
I've been surprisingly busy particularly as many of my regulars think I've retired or left the planet. The first thing most ask ( usually apologetically ) is " are you still cleaning carpets / suites.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 10:06:17 pm »
Busy here in London

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »
REcord breaking!!!!!! :) :) :)

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »
I know we shouldn't complain but I just want it all to stop, I'm f*ed :(

November steadily very busy, only a few gaps here and there.  December even busier and the 10 days up to Xmas working between 8 and 11 hour days, which is a lot of work with a TM!

And STILL the last-minute Larrys are calling up for stuff to be done before Xmas.  Did one tonight added on to my already hectic day.... got home at 8.30 :(

10 hour day probably tomorrow, 11-12 hours Thurs.... wish it was like this all year round!!

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »
I know we shouldn't complain but I just want it all to stop, I'm f*ed :(

November steadily very busy, only a few gaps here and there.  December even busier and the 10 days up to Xmas working between 8 and 11 hour days, which is a lot of work with a TM!

And STILL the last-minute Larrys are calling up for stuff to be done before Xmas.  Did one tonight added on to my already hectic day.... got home at 8.30 :(

10 hour day probably tomorrow, 11-12 hours Thurs.... wish it was like this all year round!!

That's why I like January-it's quieter and you can catch your breath and do some planning after the madness of simply surviving the 10-12 hour days on the road...............before getting home to do the paperwork :o

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 10:59:34 pm »
I've worked 18 of 20 days this month, some going straight into evening commercials after a full day.
And turning away shed loads of work.

Although its good money, I wouldn't say it's my dream lifestyle. But you gotta take it when it comes

Phillip Mold

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »
November - record month
December - would be a record month if I worked for the whole month
January - Never had so many bookings in advance, but tough, having a week abroad :)
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:28 am »
Hi Guys

It is very busy down here too but quite frankly I have had enough, my body needs a break!!

Quoted on a commercial next week which I am waiting to hear from, it's not often I hope thye phone won't ring.

Cheers

doug

clinton

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:07 am »
Its been a good november for me here..December also been really busy and thats on top of all my commercial work.

Had a couple of cancelations and they were the ones that got me of the net..