Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Would you run a TM if you could?

Yes
No

Colin Day

Re: For Porty Owners Only-Poll
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 09:04:32 pm »
TM? - Naaahhhh - I couldn't fit it in my fiat doblo!!!

;D
A very good point!

Happy Christmas to you and the family..... :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:41 pm »
I think you have to know your customer before committing to any system.

Shaun

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 09:16:10 pm »
Depends on the meaning of 'Would you run a TM if you could?'
I could get one if I wanted as the money is there if need be, yes I would like the power and instant heat but for a little bit more effort I still achieve the results that get my high checkatrade reports and even with LM if needed, so why spend out all that initial money plus the vastly higher running costs of a TM?
So I voted yes but only if someone was giving one away for the reason above.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:31:25 pm »
Anyone who owns a TM and has forked out large amounts for it is going to defend it to the hilt, and probably rightly so, no one would admit such a purchase was wrong!!!!!

But seriously, I pick up bits and pieces throughout the year and think to myself how did I manage without them just because they make my life a little easier and I think that is probably what a TM is all about, making your life easier, but it is a very expensive piece of kit to just make life a bit easier.

Tony

I dont think I would want one if they gave it away, tieing up your two most expensive assets in one place does not look like a good business Idea to me, and if the TM owners say they still have a portable anyway the whole idea seems a bit pointless.

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 10:45:35 pm »
Some hilarious opinions!!! :)

Thanks Col, needed a good laugh tonight :D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 10:49:15 pm »
I think that you are looking at your business as it is now but to move onto quicker cleaning with more jobs or bigger jobs then a TM is a greater benefit unless you pay for a helper which isn't in the original post title.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 07:40:55 am »
I think us TM AND Porty owners are being discriminated against here as we are being DENIED a vote and thereby have been cut out of the democratic process by a poll that excludes all the people in the industry with brains, good loocks and business savvy -I say it's not fair and demand the question be re-written. I'm not sure how it should be re-written but that's not the point. Oh sod, it I'm voting with my feet and buggering of to work with my Titan 875 portable truck mount. ;D ;D

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 07:53:48 am »
I think us TM AND Porty LM owners are being discriminated against here as we are being DENIED a vote and thereby have been cut out of the democratic process by a poll that excludes all the people in the industry with brains, good looks and business savvy -I say it's not fair and demand the question be re-written.

I have re-worded your last comment for you Simon....

NOW it makes sense

;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:31 am »
Simon.

Am I to believe that TMer's haven't cast their votes also, there will be a full investigation if they have, I will be very disappointed..... ;D

JandS

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 09:49:01 am »
Does the Prowler count as a TM?
That's what I would buy before a TM.
A portable TM then if the van breaks down
your not totally snookered.
Although even with a porty if the van breaks
down I think a lot on here would struggle.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Elfyn

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:38 am »
I've thought about a TM for many years and I keep coming up with the same answer. I can't afford to turn my van over to a dedicated carpet cleaning machine - I do too many other things to do that.
I'm aso of the oppinion that it 'aint how big the one you have is - it's how you use it that counts.  ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 11:52:12 am »
Does the Prowler count as a TM?
That's what I would buy before a TM.
A portable TM then if the van breaks down
your not totally snookered.
Although even with a porty if the van breaks
down I think a lot on here would struggle.

John

I can have my t/m out of and into another van with in 2 hrs
i have had the t/m out of van a coupling fitted with in an hour , no problem
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

rushe

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:42 pm »
 T/M HAVE TO WIN HANDS DOWN HAVE PORTY AND USED TRUCKMOUNT, GOES AGAINST THE GRAIN OF ANY CLEANER WORTH HIS SALT WANTING TRAVEL EXPENSE A VAN DEVOTED TO T/M HAVING TO RUN WATER OUT TO VAN HAVING YOUR VAN AND T/M E NGINE TO MAINTAIN AND FUEL :'( HAVING STARTED AS A WINDOW CLEANER I AM SO TIGHT I USED TO NICK THE CUSTOMERS WASHING UP LIQUID WHEN FILLING MY BUCKET UP.BUY A TRUCKMOUNT DONT MAKE ME LAUGH DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR WITH CASH LIKE THAT ABOUT A MOTORHOME SEEMS A BETTER BUY, HOWEVER THE EARNING POTENTIAL WITH A TRUCKMOUNT COULD HERE THE RING OF THE TILL TO A TUNE OF £1000, A DAY AND IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, WOULDNT LIKE SEEING THAT ON THE DRIVE DOING NOWT,THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE

derek west

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »
as ive been a good boy and not voted, can someone tell me the results so far cos if you don't vote, you don't know.

Helen

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »
as ive been a good boy and not voted, can someone tell me the results so far cos if you don't vote, you don't know.

Yes 40
No 40

Colin Day

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

You're far too honest... Just vote mate, I won't tell you off..... ;D ;D ;D

derek west

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 02:57:57 pm »
i'm not sure which one to click, never used a porty in me life. maybe i'd prefer a porty, certainly won't knock it till ive tried it.

whats the scores now, i'll be diplomatic and try and keep them even. ;D

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 03:33:16 pm »
There's times for each.
High rise flats , awkward access - porty.
Acres of commercial - TM.
I used LM for commercial most of the time so no argument.
And I've played about with the mechanics of TMs for other people and I would rather do a porty.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Billy Russell

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:08 pm »
T/M HAVE TO WIN HANDS DOWN HAVE PORTY AND USED TRUCKMOUNT, GOES AGAINST THE GRAIN OF ANY CLEANER WORTH HIS SALT WANTING TRAVEL EXPENSE A VAN DEVOTED TO T/M HAVING TO RUN WATER OUT TO VAN HAVING YOUR VAN AND T/M E NGINE TO MAINTAIN AND FUEL :'( HAVING STARTED AS A WINDOW CLEANER I AM SO TIGHT I USED TO NICK THE CUSTOMERS WASHING UP LIQUID WHEN FILLING MY BUCKET UP.BUY A TRUCKMOUNT DONT MAKE ME LAUGH DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR WITH CASH LIKE THAT ABOUT A MOTORHOME SEEMS A BETTER BUY, HOWEVER THE EARNING POTENTIAL WITH A TRUCKMOUNT COULD HERE THE RING OF THE TILL TO A TUNE OF £1000, A DAY AND IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, WOULDNT LIKE SEEING THAT ON THE DRIVE DOING NOWT,THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE

Is that Steve Rushe???? I think it is!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D   Nicking customers washing up liquid!!!!! hahahahaahahaahahahah! Thats about right for you!!!!! ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »
What I don't get with the whole TM / portable debate is how people tend to see them as something you reward yourself with years down the line, whereas in reality they cost peanuts, get through far more work more quickly, look the part and earn you a lot more money. A decent TM will do £100k plus per year so the cost of it really is peanuts. And from a customers perspective they look at their gleaming carpet and attribute the quality to the machine and so tend to stick with you because of that perception. I use the word 'perception' because we all know that in the right hands you can do an outstanding job with any porty, it might take you longer, but you can get there is the end.

Simon
Can I vote now, please? :'(