Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Heath

Re: NCCA December Newsletter
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 05:00:36 pm »
Well done NCCA all you have managed to do is pee more carpet cleaners off.......... ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 05:33:25 pm »
I wouldn't say that exactly I think the loop hole is closing because members have asked for it to be closed and as Paul West'y' is a member I can see his point of view but you can't turn back time if you have been on a training course and state that then you are telling the truth.

Perhaps a way around this would be for cleaning product manufacturers to do the courses under their name and then have a NCCA qualified trainer to do the training and then ask if the cleaner wants to do the exam at NCCA hq and become a member.

Shaun

PS Derek who's doing the training?

derek west

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
shaun.
from the messages i'm getting, the question should be, what type of ales and chasers will be on offer after the training has finished. ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »
i'm doing advanced ironing training and Little blower maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun, did you know i was the first in the uk with a glided iron!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »
At a conservative estimate, there are 10,000 carpet cleaners in the UK.

After 41 years of existence, the NCCA have just over 500 members and a fair majority of those members are relatively new to the industry, so approx 5% of the industry are members.

Judge for yourselves what that means in real terms, but please don't tell me that they represent the industry as a whole or have any clout.

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 08:29:57 pm »
At a conservative estimate, there are 10,000 carpet cleaners in the UK.

After 41 years of existence, the NCCA have just over 500 members and a fair majority of those members are relatively new to the industry, so approx 5% of the industry are members.

Judge for yourselves what that means in real terms, but please don't tell me that they represent the industry as a whole or have any clout.

but how many of the 10000 ish have been trained by the NCCA?

and by their rules how many can say so?

derek west

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
so tacca has 1%, i'm happy with that

David_Annable

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 09:07:38 pm »

Steve

I think that says more about the Industry than it does about the NCCA!

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I would guess that the NCCA would not have as much of a problem with this.... the fact is they dont want non members advertising that they "have been trained by" with links to the website they/members pay to maintain.

Westy, next time you have a chat with your masters at NCCA perhaps you could ask them to address this question.
Last year I put them to the test. I e-mailed them and said I would be interested in joining so could I do just the exam......if I passed fine, if I failed so be it (although we all know what happens if you fail :o). The answer back was no, I would have to do the 2 day course first. I said I didn't want to do the course I would take my chances with the exam and pay for the privilage of doing it (exam) if it made them feel better.

End result I didn't get to do the exam. Now that's a loop hole for you to deal with, because things like that are costing membership numbers.

Sorry but I know enough people who did the 2 day course, passed the exam and within days had the website up saying 'Expert carpet & upholstery cleaner, trained by NCCA.' WHAT IN 2 DAYS with a tick test that you can't fail (well not on the 2nd attempt anyway because they send you the answers in the post for you to resubmit ;D).

And they want to forbid people stating trained by NCCA even if they were trained by them.

garry22

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
Simon, my eldest Daughter is currently studying law, I have had a brief chat about it with her today, and in her opinion, the website owner (in this instance the NCCA) has the legal right to request any individual to remove a link to a website owned and run by them for whatever reason they choose, in this case, the reason is very obvious.

All those incoming links are what brings the NCCA website up near the top of a search for carpet cleaning and gives it publicity You have to laugh..

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
The revenue they need to exist is from training you can't take an exam without paying for the training unless you send the money for training but don't attend then do the exam.

Shaun

jim mca

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2011, 11:08:22 pm »
Why is it ok for a safeclean franchisee to do the exam when there trained by Derek Bolton but not cleansmart or restoromate trainees who are trained by the same man IMO the ncca dont want many members and are happy to plod along

Jim

Raymondo

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »
Have been a member of the NCCA for a number off years.

Have been involved by going to AGM and also organizing a number of roadshows the NCCA.

The cost is worth it as the referrals we get pays for it and people say they choose us because we are members of the NCCA.

The idea of being able to just take the exam just wont work how does the NCCA know how long a person has been in business for someone may say they have been in business for 10 years but theirs no way to prove it 100 %.

Also the second the exam is sent out someone will post it on some website.

A lot of works goes into the NCCA in the background with the directors giving their time freely and running their own business at the same time.

I feel that the NCCA can’t win what ever they do can’t please everyone but for us the benefits out play the disadvantages.

I did the NCCA course last year again as my daughter was joining the Business everyone on the course had to sign to say they would not use the expression Trained by the NCCA unless they become a member.

Was a worth doing the course for a second time most definitely yes to listen to Paul and Pawlo for 2 days talk the industry they are passionate about was worth the money.
The NCCA is not perfect it never will be, it can’t please everyone but why don’t some who want to NCCA to do this and that join and then go the AGM and vote for changes to be made.

Ray

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »
The idea of being able to just take the exam just wont work how does the NCCA know how long a person has been in business for someone may say they have been in business foe 10 years but their no way to prove it 100 %.

sorry Raymondo, but I fail to see the relevence of this statement, as the majority who go on the course and then sit the exam have been in the industry ................................................

2 days.....

So if people can sit the exam after 2 days why cannot other people pay to sit the exam after the same time??

Raymondo

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:40 pm »
Some one could have been cleaning carpets for 10 years but have never been on one training course whether at the begining or at any time during those ten years.

The NCCA would rather that everyone who wants to take the exam attend the course as well.

I had been cleaning carpets for over 12  years the last time I took the course I learnt so much from it. It was worth the expense.

Paul Heath

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »
"I did the NCCA course last year again as my daughter was joining the Business everyone on the course had to sign to say they would not use the expression Trained by the NCCA unless they become a member."
There you have it.......they don't want you to advertise there training course....why go on the course then.. ???
This is supposed to be run by business people.....frightening

Billy Russell

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »
Some one could have been cleaning carpets for 10 years but have never been on one training course whether at the begining or at any time during those ten years.

The NCCA would rather that everyone who wants to take the exam attend the course as well.

I had been cleaning carpets for over 12  years the last time I took the course I learnt so much from it. It was worth the expense.

Ray,

If thats the case, surely they should fail the exam then??? I'm just being devils advocate!!! ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 08:02:19 pm »
This is a great video to watch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69qGnXDVAg&feature=share

Just a quick question, do all NCCA directors teach?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2011, 08:16:15 pm »

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »
LIKE it Derek, just noticed 58 seconds in, i think its Richard B Fisher TM, must have some blower on it, its sucked up half the beach  ;D take note Billy  ;)

Andrew