This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

how long does your resin last
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »
useing a d i vessel with a tap water tds of between 55 / 60 i get 2220 litres of pure  water this will last me six weeks  85% w fp just wondering what some of you use  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
shiney one

tacky

Re: how long does your resin last
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:13:21 pm »
get another di ,to double up resin will last longer .

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:58:33 am »
what size Di u using? that seems pretty good to me, nice water quality too, whereabouts are ya?
yes if u run two Di vessels in line it helps, then swap them over and put new resin into the number 2 vessel. if running straight off tap how fast do you fill? apparently slower is better, slows resin to work better.

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:05:17 am »
I produce 1,200 litres of pure every week,there or there abouts
I have a 11 litre DI vessel
Tap water around here is about 350ppm
The TDS out of the RO is around about 6ppm
My resin last about 6 or 7 months
I change it when its at 2ppm
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

king marko

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »
Pretty much as above - although tds out of RO is about 14 - but resin will last me about 6 months on an 11ltr vessel

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
I stopped using resin altogether, waste of money in my opinion. My 4040 HF-5 has ppm of 9 out in winter, even lower in summer. I've cleaned windows with a TDS of over 30 regularly, no problems. Opened my eyes when my bag of resin was empty, why am I even using it.
Even if I would be in a soft area I would never ever use DI only, it's money down the drain.

wfp master

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »
surley you must get spotting not using resin.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 05:28:45 pm »
all drpends how you look at it .it costs me £6 a week for 2500 litres of pure di only . no pratting about with an ro taking room up in the van or static . just 2 di bottles in the van . nice and easy . and in the winter fill it up with hot water on a morning

Dougaldum

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:12:31 pm »
bhe is winding you up ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 10:24:52 pm »
bhe is winding you up ;)

No hes not, I was running on ro only for a few months when my resin was spent as I didn't get around to ordereing any, tds was 9 out of ro, everything was fine. 8)

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:58 pm »
bhe is winding you up ;)

No hes not, I was running on ro only for a few months when my resin was spent as I didn't get around to ordereing any, tds was 9 out of ro, everything was fine. 8)

same here, I didn't change reside 12months as it was coming out of RO. between 5 and 12. now my ro is in different location so coming out at high 20s :'( not so good! getting through that resin now! :(

king marko

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48:55 pm »
bhe is winding you up ;)

same here, I didn't change reside 12months as it was coming out of RO. between 5 and 12. now my ro is in different location so coming out at high 20s :'( not so good! getting through that resin now! :(
Do you mean diff location as in position in van? Or elsewhere?
My RO is always between 14/18 I'd love to get it below 10

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:02 pm »
Different area altogether.  Water pressure/flow rate poorer now, tho they are upgrading the pipes now so hopefully will improve!

But minimising pipe length to RO and pipe sizes can all help also.

king marko

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 11:07:56 pm »
Different area altogether.  Water pressure/flow rate poorer now, tho they are upgrading the pipes now so hopefully will improve!

But minimising pipe length to RO and pipe sizes can all help also.
Cheers for that gives me something to mull over  :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:33 am »

No, and why would it?

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 02:25:24 am »
ok so you get away using water at 10ppm up to 30pmp ok using temp on maintainance jobs while your new bag of resin arrives, but eventualy you will get spotting, wfp needs preperation like any other   job, and 000tds is our prep protection, you have been warned  :P

Ian Rochester

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:45 am »
Jouk 45 - Couldn't agree more, to run it at 30 you may as well be shouting "YEE HA!!"

As in cowboy  ;)

The test is to put some water on a flat piece of clean glass, allow it to dry naturally and see what remains, water at 000 will leave clean glass, water at 010 will leave small ringlets (we have tested this in the past) water at 030 you might as well just use tap water.

[GQC] Tim

Re: how long does your resin last New
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:45 am »
In my opinion 000 TDS is overrated.

Go out and clean some windows with less then 000 TDS. Works just fine. No spotting whatsoever.

To 30pmp ok using temp on maintainance jobs while your new bag of resin arrives, but eventualy you will get spotting

So it's fine as in you don't get any spotting on temp maintenance jobs till your new bag arrives, but magically, eventually you will get spotting. That did make me chuckle.  :)

My internal O rings were worn on my 4040 and could not get the right spares anywhere, had to wait 2 weeks for the correct ones to arrive. At that point I went through my resin pretty quickly. With resin running out my output TDS went over 30ppm, but yet, the windows were not just "all right", but completely spot free.

ps. I'm not recommending everyone going out with high TDS, because there is a limit to it, but my HF-5 RO water is just fine.

wfp master

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 11:00:12 am »
so whats the point in having tds at 000 if tds at 20 30 40 does the same job. somehow i dont think it will. no need for my tds meter resin & di vessel then. we have all been using something we dont need. ::) ::) ::) i dont believe it.