This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

ProCare lpg Hot water system
« on: December 04, 2011, 05:29:33 pm »
On their site says they fit one for £1500 (not sure if this includes vat) with an lpg tank and external filling port.

CRYSTAL1984

Re: ProCare lpg Hot water system
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:31:52 pm »
Yes it includes vat
Nice and hot
Nice kit
www.procareproducts.co.uk
 :)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:19 am »
No pics?

I'd find it hard to justify that price when you can DIY it for a fraction of the cost. Even with a re-fillable tank a DIY job would be £400 odd.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:50 am »
What price peace of mind? a professional system will cost more but you will get professional after care and back up too.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:43:05 am »
a 10 year old could professionally install a fog wash heater, water in, water out, gas in and 2 batteries for the ignition,

£190 plus the price of a gas bottle, you could buy 7 fog wash heaters for the price of that one,

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:40:22 am »
True but there are many things I would want a professional to do. In the end its about individual choice.
V16 Is Here

steven ainger

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »
True but there are many things I would want a professional to do. In the end its about individual choice.

What are these many things you'd like a pro to do ???

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:48:52 pm »
 I would not touch anything mechanical on my car to many bad experiences over the years including the time i managed to put a hole in the sump I was only changing the Oil. ???
V16 Is Here

dd

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:39 pm »
I suppose it depends on the quality of the components and if the heater is any better than the Fogwash.

I would not trust a 10 year old to safely secure a gas bottle to my van or fit an appropriate vent. For those who are not confident at DIY a professionally installed system gives peace of mind. Also I think it is better to have a properly installed lpg tank instead of a gas bottle.

It is £1k or more less than a diesel system and costs significantly less to run, so for some it would represent good value.

advanced

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:41 pm »
I have that system in my van  fitted by  procare , and i  am very happy with it   nicely fitted out and lovely hot water , the only thing that is some times annoying is the 20 minute  safety cut out  .

dd

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:57 pm »
I have that system in my van  fitted by  procare , and i  am very happy with it   nicely fitted out and lovely hot water , the only thing that is some times annoying is the 20 minute  safety cut out  .
What is the heater like, not an L5 or similar?

advanced

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »
They all work on the same principal.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »
The fogwash does not have a 20 minute timer, neither do the new L5's.

Robin Ray

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 09:49:38 pm »
If you read their information aparently you can use it to clean "sockets and facias" ;D

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 02:43:53 pm »
FOG WASH ALL THE WAY NICE HOT WATER AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE WORKS JUST AS GOOD AS ALL YOURS AND WILL LAST JUST AS LONG TOOOOO SO THERE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MUMMA MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM aint that right Mr Bones you tell erm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advanced

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 06:21:41 pm »
can a fog wash  be flued out of van

dd

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
They all work on the same principal.
Ask Nathaniel Jones.

He has had the L5 and Fogwash and thinks the Fogwash is much better. He only got about 8 months use out of his L5 before it went kaput.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 09:11:35 pm »
I've been hot for a while now & have tried a few DIY gas heaters.

I started with an Arazbao JSD20. Its a decent heater but too powerful, even on minimum heat I was worried about cracking glass on frosty days.

Next I went for an L5,.. much better heat range, I got one without the 20 minute timer, but it required a high flow rate to fire up (about 2.2 litres per minute) The L5 didn't die, just got replaced.

Next I got an Ammonstar heater (I got a 6L one, but there are 8L ones on ebay). This heater looks quite pretty (stainless steel) and has a digital temp gauge on the front, but despite the sellers claims, it is not available without the 20 minute timer. My ammonstar heater died after 8 months due to the ignition unit melting,.. a MAJOR design flaw that could prove dangerous IMO. I'd never recommend one again.

Now I have a Fogwash. It doesn't have a 20 minute timer (good), it doesn't require modification to run at lower flow rates, it has a very good heat range & it is CE marked. Its also easy to fit a flue to it (unlike the L5 units). It is the best heater I've used so far by a long way. The only downside is that its a bit ugly.  ::)

dd

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:00 am »
Apologies Nathaniel, I must have misread one of your posts.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
What price peace of mind? a professional system will cost more but you will get professional after care and back up too.

Some of my customers have spend thousands on having their barbeques installed by a professional, you can never be too careful with gas!  :o

*I hope everyone's sarcasm detectors are on*

;D

I all seriousness, £1500 for that made me lol.

Having a professionally installed system is one thing, but a lpg add-on is child splay, heck the heaters them self when imported are cheap, ditto for refillable lpg tanks. Couple of jubilee clips, regulator, braided hoses and you are done.