This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

diamond

3 months free
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »
Was chatting to a customer whilst cleaning her carpet and mentioned the window cleaning.  She has a brand new 3 story house and the window cleaners using water fed poles are doing the first 3 months free then £8 a go.
How can you compete with that. Does anyone else do these sort of deals. I certainly wouldnt dream of going that far to get a customer.
Al

king marko

Re: 3 months free
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:27 pm »
I wouldnt chap - Very risky strategy that - what if they cancel after 3rd clean? move out? or move on to the next desperado who offers free cleans? the customer could potentially always be getting windows done for nowt!! :)

Pope vader

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:57 pm »
desperate

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:51:28 pm »
I doubt they'll last, and if they do, they'll suffer for their mistakes.

They should go Groupon and do the job for £2.00.  ;D

Helen

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »
Was chatting to a customer whilst cleaning her carpet and mentioned the window cleaning.  She has a brand new 3 story house and the window cleaners using water fed poles are doing the first 3 months free then £8 a go.
How can you compete with that. Does anyone else do these sort of deals. I certainly wouldnt dream of going that far to get a customer.
Al
If the house is brand new and that estate is still being built on, then it could be that the builders are footing the window cleaning bill for 3 months and they are just making themselves look good in the custies eyes :)

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:04:11 pm »
I doubt they'll last, and if they do, they'll suffer for their mistakes.

They should go Groupon and do the job for £2.00.  ;D

;D ;D

Or they are pulling your leg, or trying to get freebie off you!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »
sounds crazy, it wont work if its true, or the customer could be pulling your leg

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 11:02:03 pm »
theres always one..........

People think ideas like this are a good marketing strategy and who knows? They might be right but to me its both risky and un necessary.

But you shouldn't automatically put them down for trying. Fortune favours the brave

steve rix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 11:07:01 pm »
theres always one..........

People think ideas like this are a good marketing strategy and who knows? They might be right but to me its both risky and un necessary.

But you shouldn't automatically put them down for trying. Fortune favours the brave

steve rix

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 11:08:00 pm »
But not the stupid (like me who cant even use the quote function properly!!)

H S and Son

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 07:47:30 am »

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 07:49:33 am »
£8 for a 3 story town house, surely there has to be a 1 missing off the front of that?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 08:02:05 am »
there was a company near me offering first cleans free.i thought that was madness!!but 3 CLEANS!! :o :o :o

i would never ever offer to do any cleans for free and certainly not a first,second and third clean!!

what are we cleaning windows for??i know why i do it!simply to make money and provide clean shiny windows for customers!!!! ;D ;D

as for £8 for 3 storey townhouses.sounds cheap but wfp has brought prices down as well and the economic times we find ourselves living in.

price higher/work harder!

Tom White

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:12 am »
You charge more for a first clean; well I do, if I think it's bad, or I suspect the customer isn't going to be a good one.

It sorts the wheat from the chaff.