This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scott Dean

Chasing Customers
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that their customers are getting increasing slow at sending Cheque/ Internet payment through?
It's taking on average a good three weeks for them to start appearing now :(

Should I be sending out letter or texting them chasing payment?

Llaaww

Re: Chasing Customers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:27 pm »
I chased one all the way home last week.

He had ducked me the previous week as he owed about three months of weekly cleans on his shop. Last week he saw I was about and ducked round the corner and set off in his car. I followed him up the hill to his house and asked politlely for my dough.

He told me he had already posted a cheque the day before so it should be there when I got home. I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I now know where he lives. Sure enough when I got home his cheque was there.

I am also chasing up another bill for £xxx they have so far taken over two months to come up with the goods. They were always slow payers, but I am getting a bit tired of waiting.

The best way is to doorstep people and ask for payment there and then.
if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »
 In my terms of business they must pay me in 10 days or I add a admin charge 2 quid extra at this point I send them a text.I say" this an automated text by (Willies windows) my accounts reflect  a non payment at this point.This a gentle reminder to give this account some attention. Thank you." :( :(

Scott Dean

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »
I have similar terms but I worry that they just dont get seen (if at all by the customer, it's on my website) or taken seriously enough.

Can I really, legally be in the right to charge extra for late payments?

Richy essex

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »
i hate messers i hav small round and it is a joke my new rule is i dont clean for friends or people i know well cos they are the  only ones who mess me about i dont take no grief but i also dont wana fall out with these kinda people so thats my new rule!!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »
I have similar terms but I worry that they just dont get seen (if at all by the customer, it's on my website) or taken seriously enough.

Can I really, legally be in the right to charge extra for late payments?

I imagine you can charge what you like. Though personally if I was your customer and you sent me a late payment notice I would laugh and tell you to sling your hook!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:56 pm »
You cannot charge interest but you do have costs to chase a customer and this has not been proved illegal. As our feel are very low in the window cleaning business it would put up cost to run after people to get your cash and one would have no problem proving that.

New lt: What I love about fellows like you is your constructive participation in the forum. You offer nothing to this subject, except to tell us there a people in out society that just have no respect for any one giving a honest service. The worst you side with people like this. Its time to find your self respect, Mate.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:30:27 pm »
i dont worry about chasing custy as it helps with me fittness and being a running freak,they better be fast ;D ;D ;D ;D

John F

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:32 pm »
its part and parcel of this game. some people dont take payment to a window cleaner as high priority. i dont care what they think, i go after every payment without fail. i think that like new lt has aid, if you add charges then you will lose some. not worth it but as i said, nobody gets a let off. everyone pays.

Scott Dean

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 07:48:07 pm »
My main issue I have with physically chasing customers is that I have a round that is split into two specific areas.
1. Chelmsford
2. Colchester/ Wivenhoe

The Chelmsford section is easy as I live there myself but the other is a good 30-40minutes away and with the rising cost of fuel down south it's hard to justify the cost and time in a the extra journey, possibly two a week.

I mainly offer the Cheque or Internet payment as an easy and less hassle option for the customer but it seems it's going to cost more with additional collections than I initially bargained for.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:19 pm »
In my terms of business they must pay me in 10 days or I add a admin charge 2 quid extra at this point I send them a text.I say" this an automated text by (Willies windows) my accounts reflect  a none payment at this point.This a gentle reminder to give this account some attention. Thank you." :( :(

What's a none payment - is it the same as a non-payment?

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
SO WE HAVE ANOTHER TEACHER IN OUR MIDST. DO YOU WANT ME TO WRITE IT OUT 100 TIMES. ;D ;D ;D

Pope vader

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »
last week was owed 402 to be paid on the saturday,  and after collecting saturady only collected 103 in,  still owed £300,

TOP TIP for your custys,  when they go out try turning the tv, lights off, etc that way they can save on the ele and be able to pay you

Scott Dean

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »
I'm sending out Christmas cards this year and i think in every card I'm going to send them all a copy of my standard terms to which they are all contractually adhere too (I like think they are).

I'm sure I'll loose a couple but i'm getting pretty fed up it and let's be honest we've all got bills to pay. I'm sure if you owed them money they would be doing and thinking just the same way :(

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »
You cannot charge interest but you do have costs to chase a customer and this has not been proved illegal. As our feel are v
ery low in the window cleaning business it would put up cost to run after people to get your cash and one would have no problem proving that.

New lt: What I love about fellows like you is your constructive participation in the forum. You offer nothing to this subject, except to tell us there a people in out society that just have no respect for any one giving a honest service. The worst you side with people like this. Its time to find your self respect, Mate.

Glad I can be of help! I have plenty of self respect,just don't respect waffle,nonsense and blathering about legal jargon to chase up a few quid :)

Scott Dean

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »
Unfortunately it's not always just a few quid pounds. They easily tot up and when you have a mortgage and other bills in the balance it makes life unnecessarily harder than it needs too.

spudd

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »
Everybody seems to have different terms and condition..

Anyone fancy sharing there's and if they actually work for them  ???

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 11:15:32 pm »
Everybody seems to have different terms and condition..

Anyone fancy sharing there's and if they actually work for them  ???
my terms are pay on the day if not then double the time after , i let the customer no my next due date just in case they wont be in and they will leave the payment in a pre arranged place .
where theres muck theres money

StockClean

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 11:25:22 pm »
Mine are

Pay within 5 days or the customer is put on hold/ cancelled.

Simple. It works.