This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

nvq training opinions?
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:35:05 am »
For a trade its very important
For window cleaning its a complete joke and a total waste of tax payers money.
Regards Kev
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Tom White

Re: nvq training opinions?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:44:12 am »
No, I don't think they are rubbish.  I've just got one company now wanting details of my Employers & Public & products Liability Insurance Certificates and a copy of any relevant trade association membership.

I think it would be nice to be able to send them a copy of any relevant trade qualifications too; such as a NVQ.

You can use stuff like this as a selling point, to help you market yourself, particularly in this age of health and safety.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:40:27 am »
The issue is what do you define as a 'trade' I always thought you had to do a recognised apprenticeship to have a trade. WC cleaning can be picked up very quickly so I wouldn't class it as a trade, or something requiring NVQ. You may be able to get one but its a fairly meaningless qualification.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:46:50 pm »
It's total rollocks and we all know it is. However, if you don't follow all the other sheep then at the end of the day you will be at a disadvantage by not having some worthless crappy paper qualification. It's the way this country runs I'm afraid. Common sense is no longer in fashion.

idealrob

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:27 pm »
its fantastic, and yes most window cleaners think they are a joke, but me looking at most window cleaners, know they are a joke, lets face it how many w/c know how to do a written risk assesment, that conforms to the law, less than 5 percent, enough said

idealrob

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 02:07:40 pm »
its fantastic, and yes most window cleaners think they are a joke, but me looking at most window cleaners, know they are a joke, lets face it how many w/c know how to do a written risk assesment, that conforms to the law, less than 5 percent, enough said

idealrob

My risk assessments only have to be good enough to be accepted by the company I'm providing them for.

Image is everything these day; maybe it's always been that way?

I guess you have to learn how to play the game and it's no good whining that you don't like the rules, because you don't get to make 'em up.

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »
it depends how much these courses are costing the government and without that info then its impossible to say whether they are worth their cost
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

stuart mc

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 08:02:40 pm »
it depends how much these courses are costing the government and without that info then its impossible to say whether they are worth their cost

trevor I put a lad through one a while back, it was funded by the council and I asked how much it would cost to put me through and it was in the region of £1200, it didn't cost the council that for the lad though as his was discounted, but unlike the lads from here that did on a 2 or 3 day course this was work based and an assessor came to our work and observed the lad working, it took nearly a year.

not that it did him any good I laid him off and he still isn't working, although he could be I told him what firms to phone for work but he never did

toronto

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

idealrob

My risk assessments only have to be good enough to be accepted by the company I'm providing them for.

I guess you have to learn how to play the game and it's no good whining that you don't like the rules, because you don't get to make 'em up.

Risk assesments are used in the case of an accident to prove that you have done everything possible to eliminate risks involved in whatever work you are doing. If however you have an accident or cause an accident and your risk assesment is not up to standard then you may end up on the recieving end of a prosecution by the hse

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:24 pm »

idealrob

Risk assesments are used in the case of an accident to prove that you have done everything possible to eliminate risks involved in whatever work you are doing. If however you have an accident or cause an accident and your risk assesment is not up to standard then you may end up on the recieving end of a prosecution by the hse

You mean if I put in my risk assessment stuff like "Ladders will not be used for this job", and then I use ladders and have an accident?

That would be a bit daft wouldn't it?  ;D

bobby p

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 11:42:15 pm »

trevor I put a lad through one a while back, it was funded by the council and I asked how much it would cost to put me through and it was in the region of £1200, it didn't cost the council that for the lad though as his was discounted, but unlike the lads from here that did on a 2 or 3 day course this was work based and an assessor came to our work and observed the lad working, it took nearly a year.

not that it did him any good I laid him off and he still isn't working, although he could be I told him what firms to phone for work but he never did
was a pity that didnt work out,you put in much effort there .