Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nameless Drudge

I think big blokes have it easier
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »
I`m meaning height,I do think this may be the case,less cancellations or "not this times" as their sheer size can subconsciously intimidate the poor householder.
 Whilst tradding then hundreds if not thousands of times a year they dont need any reach assistance for ground floor windows.
  When using wfp then the angles are always more favourable such as clearing the edge of the flat roof etc. Also if they have bulk with the height as well then lifting anything heavy is mathematically much easier as a proportion of bodyweight.

I`m strong enough though at  5 foot 8 1/2 but i think i`ll look out for some boots with 6 inch heels.

I`m not entirely jesting,if i ever employ, then with these facts in mind, i have to be biased towards the big bloke.

I reckon there will be more "big blokes" posting on here as they have enough energy left to think  due to the working day being easier than the one`s encountered by dwarves.

So that has sealed it,the big guy gets the job as he is likely to have a bit left in the locker allowing him to think whilst working.

L.J.Thorpe

Re: I think big blokes have it easier
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:34:57 pm »
Its one of the few areas where i find it an advantage!!
if your tall you find that the world is constructed for people of average height
only a child can sit behind me in most cars,worktops are all at a level that means you have to stoop,and flying.....nightmare
but yeah it helps with window cleaning i think
(six foot  four and sixteen stone)

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »
youve got a good point. ive employed 6 different workers so far this yr and all 6ft.  its the first thing i ask, that and their weight . i wouldnt employ under 6ft as you only need a beer crate for the downs ,far less risk than a ladder

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »
youve got a good point. ive employed 6 different workers so far this yr and all 6ft.  its the first thing i ask, that and their weight . i wouldnt employ under 6ft as you only need a beer crate for the downs ,far less risk than a ladder
:o lol
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:01:18 pm »

I reckon there will be more "big blokes" posting on here as they have enough energy left to think  due to the working day being easier than the one`s encountered by dwarves.

Wor Lass is only 5' 1" tall, can clean windows all day with an SLX, and then go for a ten mile run.

Are you old, soft, or just unfit?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »
Possibly all of the above but there is another point,its more expensive if your not a "big bloke".

The big 6ft plus guy can make do with buying an 18ft whereas your missus would probably  need to spend more and buy the next size up,22ft to get to the same window.

My missus is 4ft 11" so i am keeping her off the glass unless there looking for a shiner in legoland.

scud

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 03:32:34 pm »
  I was 6ft4, then fell off a ladder, had to go wfp because couldn't reach the tops of downstairs after the fall. ;D

Still am the right weight for 6ft4, but now only 5ft8.

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 03:49:15 pm »
Possibly all of the above but there is another point,its more expensive if your not a "big bloke".

The big 6ft plus guy can make do with buying an 18ft whereas your missus would probably  need to spend more and buy the next size up,22ft to get to the same window.

My missus is 4ft 11" so i am keeping her off the glass unless there looking for a shiner in legoland.

For the majority of our work, she has no problems; though when we split up to work, I get the stuff with the awkward reaches, so it's not a problem.

Start doing some running; it makes working easier.  Since I stopped smoking and started running, I can do a tough day at work, and I'm fine.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 05:40:30 pm »
I`m meaning height,I do think this may be the case,less cancellations or "not this times" as their sheer size can subconsciously intimidate the poor householder.
 Whilst tradding then hundreds if not thousands of times a year they dont need any reach assistance for ground floor windows.
  When using wfp then the angles are always more favourable such as clearing the edge of the flat roof etc. Also if they have bulk with the height as well then lifting anything heavy is mathematically much easier as a proportion of bodyweight.

I`m strong enough though at  5 foot 8 1/2 but i think i`ll look out for some boots with 6 inch heels.

I`m not entirely jesting,if i ever employ, then with these facts in mind, i have to be biased towards the big bloke.

So that has sealed it,the big guy gets the job as he is likely to have a bit left in the locker allowing him to think whilst working.

Well I'm a 6 footer and I bet I knock my head on more things than a shorter guy.

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 06:28:09 pm »
Well I'm a 6 footer and I bet I knock my head on more things than a shorter guy.

Again, it's difficult to generalise.  Wor Lass is 5' 1" tall and can't make it through the kitchen without banging her head off a cupboard or something.

I keep on telling her that she's got eyes in the front of her head to help her avoid stuff, but she still does it!

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »
customers feel less intimidated by smaller window cleaners ......more new work opportunities ;D two sides to every debate :)

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38:47 pm »
big thingy better rinsing though less spotting

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »

Wor Lass is only 5' 1" tall, can clean windows all day with an SLX, and then go for a ten mile run.

Are you old, soft, or just unfit?

ALL OF THE ABOVE  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 06:42:01 pm »
customers feel less intimidated by smaller window cleaners ......more new work opportunities ;D two sides to every debate :)

Thats how Bumper has made his fortune, well..that and the scams!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 06:43:30 pm »
I'm a big lad; can't say it ever helps with the window cleaning but the wife's always happy  ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 07:14:16 pm »
I'm 6'3", the guy who works with me is 6'8".  Makes reaching over gates very easy.

However, I disagree with the comment about this being about the only area where it's helpful.

Better for seeing at football/theatre/concerts, etc.

And for meeting mates in a crowd

And you earn more (google "salary vs height")

And women like taller blokes (google "height discrimination")

And you live longer

And, let's face it, tall people are just ... well ... better than short ones.

Vin

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »
Employing a  6`8" bloke is tantamount to cheating !  ;D

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:47 pm »
seems there's a lot of 6 foot+ blokes in here! does make traditional easier for sure. don't think helps keep customers. can't beat having yur lady with ya for good customer relations  ;D

ps love the reasoning on tall bloke having more energy.......personally I feel more Knackered dragging 6 foot 1 abe 15.5 stone around with me! ducking and diving...... with cobwebs in my face every turn!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 07:44:14 am »

Again, it's difficult to generalise.  Wor Lass is 5' 1" tall and can't make it through the kitchen without banging her head off a cupboard or something.

I keep on telling her that she's got eyes in the front of her head to help her avoid stuff, but she still does it!

Have to agree Tosh! She didn't see you coming did she?  ;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Blast Away

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:15 am »

You'd look the part mate!

;D