This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stripes

Commercial window cleaning leads
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:57:15 am »
Hi,Can any one give me a few tips on how to canvas commercial office buildings and also how good are these sites that offer you work for a monthly payment.javascript:replaceText('%20;)',%20document.postmodify.message);

Tom White

Re: Commercial window cleaning leads
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:58:33 pm »
Stripes, just phone up the local businesses you're interested in and ask to speak to the building manager about their window cleaning requirements.

It's easy enough to google up numbers from the interweb.

stripes

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:50:39 pm »
Thanks Tosh will give that a go!!!!

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
No problems.  Just ask them how much they pay for their current window cleaning and offer to do the same job at 20% less.

But only do this if you don't work in the South East Wales area.  That last bit is important.

(Waits for incoming!)

Pope vader

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »
nothing wrong with that tosh,  its how a lot of big companies get there work

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
Boo hiss, how dare you undercut ;D

Mike_G

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 04:20:37 pm »
Not many places that I have ever quoted have told me what the are currently paying. The odd one perhaps but no more than that

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »
Not many places that I have ever quoted have told me what the are currently paying. The odd one perhaps but no more than that

Did you ask them?  I've also been shown quotes other companies put in, when I quoted for a Hilton Hotel.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 04:26:41 pm »
Window cleaning can be very very distressing at times!
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Rogue Trader

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
I just say "tell me what you are paying at the moment because if i cant beat it then i wont waste your time"

Crystal-clear

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
Stripes, just phone up the local businesses you're interested in and ask to speak to the building manager about their window cleaning requirements.

someone  said u can get fined doing that?

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:40 pm »

someone  said u can get fined doing that?

Yeh, but I doubt anyone would.  I've phoned businesses from a local Industrial Estate up and they were fine and I ended up with another job out of it; making my total there three industrial units, which are very nice.

Mike_G

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 08:07:10 pm »

Did you ask them?  I've also been shown quotes other companies put in, when I quoted for a Hilton Hotel.

Not sure I'd believe them if they told me if I'm honest, rather just put my price in and see what happens

Catherine10

Re: Commercial window cleaning leads New
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 08:18:04 pm »
Yea you can do Tosh, but if your dealing with masses amounts of numbers its just best to be on the safe side.  Had a call the other day, made me chuckle obviously had come from higher up receptionist said, "we are on the TPS list, so you shouldn't be calling us" I said, Ive checked your number and its ok to call.  Think it was more of a way of the director saying "dont put through cold callers" lol.  Majority of the time, no problems - but occasionally you do get the odd one, who will give you a bit of a hard time.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Can risk it, most of the time probably fine, but for me I have to be careful because of the high volume calling.