This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Pure Freedom DIY kits
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:56:31 pm »
Hey Guys,

I've been in touch with pure freedom over at 250 ltr DIY system. Do they come with van fitting kit?

concept

Re: Pure Freedom DIY kits
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
No, comes with tank only, no straps or cage.

colley614

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »
I got a quote off them the other day for a system. I spoke to them before and the Lady on the phone said that if it hadn't been added to my quote then my system would have to be palletized so it would double the cost.

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »
you are better off buying everything separate if you can mate it will be cheaper and you can get a better pole and other bits which will probably suit you better long term,      If it is within your budget you may be better off buying a larger tank possibly 300- 350 ltr will see you through a good days work . MIKE

colley614

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »
I've got jerry cans that I can take with me to carry more water if needed. I was hoping to keep as much room available in the back as possible for now. I only want tank, fittings, pump, controller and they have sorted me it cheaper than I could find the parts individualy. I think I'll by them and go an see an engineer I know.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »
250 litre tank will only do about 4 to 5 hrs work and imo is a waste of time

Inside Out

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:10:33 pm »
whoa. you need an aqua dapter my friend!!!

queue comments! ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »
aquadapter...errr is that like....A TAP
?????? not used one

i use a belt holster and gate valves with airline fittings on my reels
250 litres is half days work on big glass  two thirds at best on modern houses

Inside Out

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:14 pm »
like a tap, only better.
i suppose you refuse to buy a real pole too. you have a number of your old chinese takeaway chopsticks held together with some blu tac and an old yard brush on the end, whilst you blow your pure water up a garden hose to the top!
before the tap, we had a hand pump in every village, which worked, but we did not scoff at the tap.
hand pump, tap, aquadapter. welcome to the future. :-X

if you refuse to use an aqua dapter, turn your tap on and off a lot quicker ;)

colley614

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:42 pm »
I was thinking of a 250 ltr so I have less space taken up in the van if I ever do gutter cleaning or carpet cleaning or kicthen canopy cleaning I will have more room for gear. I already own 6 25 ltr containers and a backpack system and was only going to use the water fed pole to do everything above ground floor. Plus I don't mind popping in and filling up on my lunch, but if that works out too time consuming and I was busy I would look at upgrading. Ideally I would love a 650 ltr in a transit size van with a second man and all the work to go with it but I can wair a few months for that.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »
like a tap, only better.
i suppose you refuse to buy a real pole too. you have a number of your old chinese takeaway chopsticks held together with some blu tac and an old yard brush on the end, whilst you blow your pure water up a garden hose to the top!
before the tap, we had a hand pump in every village, which worked, but we did not scoff at the tap.

twat

Inside Out

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 09:42:50 pm »
 ;D ;D  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
like a tap, only better.

I thought about the aquadapter but stick with a tap in a holster on a belt because you can turn the flow down when needed.
It's a game of three halves!

Inside Out

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 11:09:50 pm »
Very good point. Tho I have never found that I need to alter flow whilst working myself. Would adjusting flow in this way have any adverse affects on your pump tho!? I mean, your pump will be trying its very hardest to run at selected flow, whilst you are changing by tap!

Do you find you use more than 250 in 4 to 5 hours this way?

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 08:08:32 am »
I was thinking of a 250 ltr so I have less space taken up in the van if I ever do gutter cleaning or carpet cleaning or kicthen canopy cleaning I will have more room for gear. I already own 6 25 ltr containers and a backpack system and was only going to use the water fed pole to do everything above ground floor. Plus I don't mind popping in and filling up on my lunch, but if that works out too time consuming and I was busy I would look at upgrading. Ideally I would love a 650 ltr in a transit size van with a second man and all the work to go with it but I can wair a few months for that.

Get an upright tank would be more space saving although you could put a few bits and pieces on top of tank for the odd add on job.  MIKE

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 11:43:25 am »
M & M is right - heres a pic of my old expert with a 400L upright in.... loads of space left

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

bumper

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 12:12:19 pm »
whats the wd40  for  under van

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 12:54:14 pm »
wasnt my van bumper ... i mean i was taking the tank out ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »
Hi Gold,

I thought about the aquadapter but stick with a tap in a holster on a belt because you can turn the flow down when needed.

How often do you need to do this?  Is there a reason why you use a tap instead of using a pump controller?  A controller should prolong the life of your battery and pump (as I'm sure you know).

A holster or inline tap can be used with the Aqua-dapter, if using a tap to control flow is preferred to a controller for some reason.  More water could be saved, but some of the advantages of the Aqua-dapter would be lost.

Paul

colley614

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 02:28:52 pm »
I spoke to Andrew today from pure freedom and he told me that I will need a cage and will supply one.

After dealing with other companies in the past I must say this companies customer service is awesome! ;D