This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glen

Re: first winter as a window cleaner - best gloves to stay warm ?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 11:20:14 pm »
Has anyone tried these - http://www.realshopping.co.uk/acatalog/Battery_Heated_Glove_Liners.html

They sound good as they can be worn under existing gloves but very pricey! Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

I had Unger neoprene gloves in the past and they just weren't warm enough. I'm using Glacier perfect curve with the thermal liners underneath and heat sachets but my fingers are still freezing.

Morph

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 11:45:27 pm »
£70.00 for a pair of gloves???????

Back in 1963 when I was knee high to a grasshopper we survived a wicked winter wearing thin wollen socks, basic wellies, wollen gloves and a pathetic raincoat!
When I got home from school, after walking a mile and a half from the bus stop in North London, we got in and I held my hands over the Aladdin parrafin lamp heater, sharing with my brother and sister for about an hour before I could feel my fingers.  I got chill blains that winter.  But I still strum a guitar 42 years later!

Don't expect so much,  You'll live!  Wimps

craig jwc

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 01:18:35 pm »
I'll still say the Sealskin gloves are spot on.
As long as you warm your hands up before putting them on they keep your hands warm and dry.
I put my gloves on the dash driving between jobs to warm them up.
I used mine before Xmas to do a gutter clean. The gutters were iced up when i got there and i found these excellent, warm, dry hands all through the morning till it warmed up near lunchtime.
I've never used any other gloves so can't comment on anything but these.

Cheers
Craig 8)

Glen

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 06:31:58 pm »
Can Sealskin gloves be repaired? I have a couple of holes between the fingers at the bottom.

Glen

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:02 pm »
I have a pair of Glacier Perfect Curve gloves which have a couple of small tears in. Apparently thre is a product called Aqua Seal - does anyone know where this can be bought?

craig jwc

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 11:59:31 pm »
Have you tried MILLETS they usually sell waterproofing stuff and repairs kits or your local camping shop (the ones that sell mainly tents and caravans) might do it.