Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H S and Son

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:23 pm »
What would be the scenario then if whilst at work you were the reason behind a serious accident that caused either a significant amount of financial hardship to someone and/or affected a customer with physical consequences where they would be entitled to compensation and you wern't insured?

I used to operate without PL Insurance and consider that I was a cowboy in them thar daze.

simonr

« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:49 pm »
The cost is less than £100 for the year.

no it isnt

Dean Taberner

« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
Hi Mike

can you give us some suggestions that you would feel would cover us giving them the status of Approved and we will look into it.

As I run a shop selling window cleaning tools I can assure you that most residential window cleaners dont have insurance, this is a must for members to join this advertising site.

We will look into anyones ideas and thoughts though.

You have to start somewhere!!!!!!

Thanks for looking at site  ;D There is a massive difference between advertising and lying.

Look, these guys are established just amazed at the lack of basic checks or standards in order to join, just expected more.

Your last point is the reason for my posts.

So what makes the boys without public liability insurance any less a professional window cleaner than the lot you are letting join the club?...As far as i know PL insurance is not a legal requirement to trade in this country as a wc and nor is it likely to become one.
And before anyone suggests that those without cover are cowboys/dole bludgers or just out and out low lifes then i would like them to show me some evidence that those who trade without cover are worse than those who pay for what is sometimes meaningless cover,i mean real evidence,maybe even government backed surveys...not just wc shop hearsay.

Any sole trader/ one man band guy who has no PL is a cowboy.

The cost is less than £100 for the year. Can you seriously justify not having it?

No PL = No NWC membership.

Dean

You see i knew that would happen... ;D
I did not say i didn't have it,as it happens it is a requirement for one job that i do,but if i didn't do that job then i doubt if i would bother to renew...
Now tell me as it is not a legal requirement what authority do you posses to say that those without are cowboys,it doesn't matter about the cost...just tell me why you are an authority on calling people cowboys who are without pl cover?

You are on a wind up aren't you??  ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:54 pm »

no it isnt

Go on then how much is it??  £110?

« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2012, 08:12:03 pm »
What would be the scenario then if whilst at work you were the reason behind a serious accident that caused either a significant amount of financial hardship to someone and/or affected a customer with physical consequences where they would be entitled to compensation and you wern't insured?

I used to operate without PL Insurance and consider that I was a cowboy in them thar daze.

As i said...give me some case scenarios of this happening,give me some hard facts reporting that these accidents happen to so many window cleaners that it will be necessary for the government to at last pass legislation to make having pl cover as a legal trading requirement...until that happens then nobody has the right or can prove the facts that those who dont carry pl cover are cowboys in this trade.

H S and Son

« Reply #325 on: February 13, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »
Im sure accidents do happen where the window cleaner isn't insured, and the customer or member of public is a victim of that. Unfortunately what is likely to happen, as you havent answered the question I'll answer it for you, is the victim will have to suffer a loss of some description or another at the expense of the uninsured cleaner. Im sure you're just playing devils advocate, it's pretty obvious really, only a total idiot would seriously try to justify no insurance, and Im sure youre not that, like I say I doubt you seriously view this as a reasonable point of view but are probably just bored.

Smudger

« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:29 pm »

So what makes the boys without public liability insurance any less a professional window cleaner than the lot you are letting join the club?...As far as i know PL insurance is not a legal requirement to trade in this country as a wc and nor is it likely to become one.
And before anyone suggests that those without cover are cowboys/dole bludgers or just out and out low lifes then i would like them to show me some evidence that those who trade without cover are worse than those who pay for what is sometimes meaningless cover,i mean real evidence,maybe even government backed surveys...not just wc shop hearsay.

your basing this on the premiss that this is a club - which is not, it's a first come first pays web index site so pretty much as long as you have PL neither JV Price or Seerclean give a flying **** whether you can do the job - only that you can pay them - otherwise places would be by invite with those invited providing proof of working abilities and letter of reccomendation from clients.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dean Taberner

« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »

As i said...give me some case scenarios of this happening,give me some hard facts reporting that these accidents happen to so many window cleaners that it will be necessary for the government to at last pass legislation to make having pl cover as a legal trading requirement...until that happens then nobody has the right or can prove the facts that those who dont carry pl cover are cowboys in this trade.

People who are willing to operate any business without PL are cowboys. You may not like that but it has to be said.

Dean.

simonr

« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »

no it isnt

£192 & if i need more cover to go for commercial it'll be £288

Dean Taberner

« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:53 pm »

no it isnt

You need to shop around fella.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2012, 09:55:14 pm »

no it isnt

you seriously need to shop around la
my pli cover up to 5 mill is 102 quid
n i do commercial la

LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:23 pm »
my pli is £102 up to 5 mill
i do commercial  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »
i do loadsa commercial
never ad a quote much over £110
thats for £5,000,000 ;)

« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:39 am »

People who are willing to operate any business without PL are cowboys. You may not like that but it has to be said.

Dean.

Well as i have said....when it becomes a legal requirement to have pl insurance as a wc and there is indisputable evidence and formal surveys stating that those without cover are wrong then i hold judgement,and until this happens which it never will not one of you has the right or evidence to back yourselves up to claim that a wc is a cowboy because he doesn't have one form of unreqiured insurance cover.
Do you require all your domestic customers to have insurance to cover them against you having an accident on their property?...presumably you will ask them and if they dont you would refuse the job.... ;D
Anyway that's a bit pedantic.....but it just angers me that others are quick to judge the competancy of someone because they dont have this insurance cover....

g.brookes

« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »
i pay £65 for insurance up to 1 million.  Piece of mind for if you ever drop your ladders on a customers car, dog, child etc

AJ

« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2012, 05:47:56 pm »
Maybe something like this

'FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND,
our approved network of window cleaners are vetted by us to ensure
THAT EVERY WINDOW CLEANER, IN EVERY TOWN IN THE UK, HAS UP TO DATE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM COVER OF £xM.'
Providing national coverage with local service.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2012, 06:18:16 pm »
i do loadsa commercial
thats for £5,000,000 ;)

What cover you got gav i pay £300 a year , that includes property worked on though , some dont

H S and Son

« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2012, 06:30:15 pm »
Those basic prices that float around the £100 mark probably wont have glass being worked on nor damage to flat roof.

Cracked a pane of glass myself yesterday, first one in 14 years.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »
i do loadsa commercial
thats for £5,000,000 ;)

What cover you got gav i pay £300 a year , that includes property worked on though , some dont

yes inclues property worked on
aswell as accidental damage of 25k

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:07 pm »
Hi All

Please remember that the main part of the site is advitising, I think you will find that no other site (yell, thompson, directories) even ask for insurance so we are trying to improve things from day one, we are then working with training providers and such to help our members improve over time but this is not a quick fix,

Insurance is best practice for any task you carry out in business, by not having insurance it dosen't make you a bad window cleaner just a bad business person FACT

If any of the people that signed up today are members welcome to the growing network