Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j.v. price ltd

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »
Oh that's good  ;D

Here my nationwide site is top but my normal site is second whereas it was number one up until an hour or so ago.

Matt it will settel down its because google is looking at our site all the time due to how much new content is loaded up everyday

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »
ok cheers mate can i get residential aswell

Yer no problem I will sort it now and huw will be intouch

mike roberts

« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »
But how do you ie Nationwide window cleaners vet the guys who have taken out areas with yourselves ?

Pay your cash and no questions asked?

We ask for valid insurance and will only show qualifications that you can prove to us, we have turned down at least 10 due to no insurace or not the correct insurance

Really or is that a windup ?

So all you ask for is valid insurance ? Once you have supplied valid insurance you can be approved for Nationwide window cleaners ?

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »
At this stage yes

We will the work with the members to improve on this but it is the only thing we need currently

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »
Matt 

You will need to log out of google, then you will get a true picture.

mike roberts

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2012, 06:54:27 am »
At this stage yes

We will the work with the members to improve on this but it is the only thing we need currently

So at one end of the spectrum you could have a 'guy on a bike with a bucket no experience' at the other end a 'company, fully accredited, HS compliant years of experience' - All of which are representing your associative 'Brand'.
Your site states 'Approved cleaners' - this suggests far more to the 'customer' than you offer.

How is this improving your industry  ???

Deangsi

« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »
any chance of an email with all the details to it prices areas what you get ? whats a mini site ? sorry if i soand stupid but i honestly dont have a clue but i am interested deanlawrence89@hotmail.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:07 pm »
At this stage yes

So at one end of the spectrum you could have a 'guy on a bike with a bucket no experience' at the other end a 'company, fully accredited, HS compliant years of experience' - All of which are representing your associative 'Brand'.
Your site states 'Approved cleaners' - this suggests far more to the 'customer' than you offer.

they aren't trying to improve the industry.  they are trying to make money  :o
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »
At this stage yes

Its very unlikely that a guy on a bike with a bucket and no experience will be signing up for this type of set-up?

He would be far better investing his money in a vehicle first.

Don't you agree??

Now we are on the subject of stupid scenario's though, what are NWC doing to stop any aliens who are living in our neighbourhoods trying to infiltrate the human race by pretending to be window cleaners and taking over the planet??

I'm worried sick about it if I'm honest.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

trevor perry

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »
At this stage yes

Its very unlikely that a guy on a bike with a bucket and no experience will be signing up for this type of set-up?

Don't you agree??

Now we are on the subject of stupid scenario's though, what are NWC doing to stop any aliens who are living in our neighbourhoods trying to infiltrate the human race by pretending to be window cleaners and taking over the planet??

Dean

that must be very distressing for you dean ;D ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

mike roberts

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »
At this stage yes

Don't you agree??

Dean

Thats make it simple for you  ;D

taken from site -

Our window cleaning teams are highly trained and experienced in all
forms of professional window cleaning.

Our approved network of window cleaners are vetted by us to ensure we have only the best window
cleaners in every town in the UK, providing national coverage with local service
We take Health & Safety very seriously

- And all they ask for is insurance - Do you not see a problem?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:32 pm »
I agree with Mike,I think the 'Approved' is misleading

H S and Son

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »
I think the Wickes D.I.Y. ad on the local radio is misleading, I just accept that some things in life ain't perfect ;0)

Thats generally what advertising is, in reality, you 'big' yourself up, word of mouth isn't necessarily enough to get the kind of work you'd either like to improve on or aspire to. You may not lie but you put yourself across in a positive manner. Isn't that generaly how things are in this world? Ive read some of the stuff on your website Mike about how much better your company is, in your opinion, than other companies, about what a wonderful job you do and how thorough and professional you are. Thats bigging yourself up mate, in effect it's advertising but I bet all your customers dont think that highly of you; because at some in the past you've probably not done quite as good a job as you'd like to make out you have.

C'est la vie.

Oh, as an aside, Im sure they'll get round to your industry at some time in the future, hey why dont you go ahead and do it yourself, you might even improve the industry in the process  ;)

mike roberts

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2012, 05:30:40 pm »
Thanks for looking at site  ;D There is a massive difference between advertising and lying.

Look, these guys are established just amazed at the lack of basic checks or standards in order to join, just expected more.

Your last point is the reason for my posts.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »
Hi Mike

can you give us some suggestions that you would feel would cover us giving them the status of Approved and we will look into it.

As I run a shop selling window cleaning tools I can assure you that most residential window cleaners dont have insurance, this is a must for members to join this advertising site.

We will look into anyones ideas and thoughts though.

You have to start somewhere!!!!!!

Thanks for looking at site  ;D There is a massive difference between advertising and lying.

Look, these guys are established just amazed at the lack of basic checks or standards in order to join, just expected more.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »
All window cleaners are approved by Dave.

If he dont like the look of them they aint getting in.

Unless they slip me £50 under the table of course   ;D

mike roberts

« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:36 pm »
All window cleaners are approved by Dave.

If he dont like the look of them they aint getting in.

Unless they slip me £50 under the table of course   ;D

Sounds cheap  ;D

--------------------------------------
The site is run by yourselves so why not insist that your internal stds are applied OR
Why not simply apply what you state on your site ?

Our window cleaning teams are highly trained and experienced in all
forms of professional window cleaning.

Insist on formal training + min experience

We take Health & Safety very seriously

Some form of accreditation - SAFEcontractor or Chas
All operators conform to Working at heights regs?

Look I only posted on here as I noticed you may move into other sections, until that happens I will gracefully bow out   :P :P

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2012, 06:53:08 pm »
Hi Mike

can you give us some suggestions that you would feel would cover us giving them the status of Approved and we will look into it.

As I run a shop selling window cleaning tools I can assure you that most residential window cleaners dont have insurance, this is a must for members to join this advertising site.

So what makes the boys without public liability insurance any less a professional window cleaner than the lot you are letting join the club?...As far as i know PL insurance is not a legal requirement to trade in this country as a wc and nor is it likely to become one.
And before anyone suggests that those without cover are cowboys/dole bludgers or just out and out low lifes then i would like them to show me some evidence that those who trade without cover are worse than those who pay for what is sometimes meaningless cover,i mean real evidence,maybe even government backed surveys...not just wc shop hearsay.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »
Hi Mike

So what makes the boys without public liability insurance any less a professional window cleaner than the lot you are letting join the club?...As far as i know PL insurance is not a legal requirement to trade in this country as a wc and nor is it likely to become one.
And before anyone suggests that those without cover are cowboys/dole bludgers or just out and out low lifes then i would like them to show me some evidence that those who trade without cover are worse than those who pay for what is sometimes meaningless cover,i mean real evidence,maybe even government backed surveys...not just wc shop hearsay.

Any sole trader/ one man band guy who has no PL is a cowboy.

The cost is less than £100 for the year. Can you seriously justify not having it?

No PL = No NWC membership.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:44 pm »
Hi Mike

Any sole trader/ one man band guy who has no PL is a cowboy.

The cost is less than £100 for the year. Can you seriously justify not having it?

No PL = No NWC membership.

Dean

You see i knew that would happen... ;D
I did not say i didn't have it,as it happens it is a requirement for one job that i do,but if i didn't do that job then i doubt if i would bother to renew...
Now tell me as it is not a legal requirement what authority do you posses to say that those without are cowboys,it doesn't matter about the cost...just tell me why you are an authority on calling people cowboys who are without pl cover?