Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »
When people are looking for a window cleaner they type window cleaners in X area
I would not bother with this site, for what you will be paying I would get my own web site. If you need one doing ask Nat he did mine. When you type window cleaners in my area Im on the 1st page.

On a serious note, how regularly do you clean your work in blackpool?

I clean 2 jobs there fortnightly, I always leave them spotless but when I return 2 weeks later its as though they haven't seen a window cleaner for 2 years.

1 of the jobs is actually on bloomfield rd just down from blackpools ground.

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »
wise choice i signed up for 2 areas on friday,got email from nationwide on sunday with a lead,followed up on monday and gave em a quote,got job today will clean on friday £300 profit in it. ;D

Dale,

Great news that the service is working for you

Rogue Trader

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2011, 07:56:29 pm »
Time will tell ......... though what i do keep thinking is the two companies behind this scheme are commercial window cleaners with a vast area - they are certainly still in business and certainly would be keen to get first dibs on any commercial lead in their area area/s so what would be left from decent commercial leads in Charlie and Huws areas which are presumably london and home counties and further and Huw west country? I know if i was in their position i would certainly take the cream of these leads.

Ian Holloway

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:41 pm »
Dean
We do some hotels on the prom every week  , and sometimes they look  just as bad a couple of hours after. What days do you do the blackpool jobs as we clean just off bloomfield rd as well .
Oyston is happy for us to be a championship side .
Will you be using your 65ft pole

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:03 pm »
Time will tell ......... though what i do keep thinking is the two companies behind this scheme are commercial window cleaners with a vast area - they are certainly still in business and certainly would be keen to get first dibs on any commercial lead in their area area/s so what would be left from decent commercial leads in Charlie and Huws areas which are presumably london and home counties and further and Huw west country? I know if i was in their position i would certainly take the cream of these leads.

The leads go straight through to the company that has that area, so we would have no control of the leads, rest assured we will be taking no leads from this site unless we have the areas as far as I'm aware huw has 1 area in Cardiff and I have hemel as we have been using them for development

As I've said we really are passionate about making this work and being different to all the other directories out there,

We have just had an enquirey for a whole county so things are looking really promising, over 75 areas have now been taken and 130 other enquiries.

We have been approached by the following a training provider, an insurance broker, equipment supplier, website builder and workwear clothing supplier all wanting to get involved in offering special deals for members, we will be putting a members benefit pack together in the near future.

Catherine10

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2011, 09:20:09 pm »
Its quite young and I suppose time will tell - hope it works out for everyone.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:19 pm »
Hi all

Just had a great commitment from one contractor with a purchase of 10 areas both commercial and residential

2 more areas gone while I have been typing this Bedford and York

premier window cleaners

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2011, 07:07:15 pm »
Hi
That was us that got York
Do we quote directly to the company or thru the site?
Thanks
Jonathan

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:11 pm »
Hi
That was us that got York
Do we quote directly to the company or thru the site?
Thanks
Jonathan

When you have a quote request come through you deal with it the site just provides leads

Steve CM

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »
My site page has been done now, looks good, hope I get some leads from it

Micky Boy

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »
Charlie, further to our telephone conversation, just to confirm purchase of the following areas,

PE6
PE25
PE24
PE23
PE22
PE21
PE20
PE13
PE12
PE11
PE10
NG31
LN4
LN10

Residential and commercial

I will arrange for info and images to set up our home pages
Will also look at remaining post codes in Lincolnshire and surrounding areas next week
As I need to get spend confirmed

Will be interested in Skegness and Grimsby areas

Love the idea and you have the backing of us and all concerned

Let's get some of the Nationwde retail contracts coming this way instead of the current set up with some companies milking the values and window cleaning companies actually cleaning the windows expected to clean for stupid rates

Ps as you can see Clean Safe are already high in listings for window cleaning in Lincolnshire for both residential and commercial searches which is down to our web team, I have been given the green light to instruct them to assist 100% with working with your guys to ensure maximise optermisation and pushing Nationwide, we aim also to work with other guys in key ares like Steve at Clear Magic and Jonathan Liddle Leeds

Charlie 100% behind this

Michael

supernova77

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »
I sense a conspiracy! :)

In all seriousness though... Charlie - I've done a few searches on Google but the new website doesn't appear on any searches? When will it start to appear?

Andy

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »
The SEO was started a month ago but takes time, we will be starting a local ad words campaign for all the areas sold at the end of this month, then in going forward skys the limit, we have been in discussions with national papers, local magazines and also the uk's largest double glazing installation contractors

I know its hard to get the concept but what we don't want to do is sell the site to hard with a low no. Of window cleaners signed up as even now we have taken leads through the site but no window cleaners in the area to fulfill

We have taken an lead today for a national chain of shops so we are going to look into this and then have the members carry out the works

Catherine10

« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »
Hi,

Charlie are you going to be doing national tv advertising?

windiewasher

« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
charlie would you say this benefits commercial work more than domestic?
cheers
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

wfp master

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
Hi,

Charlie are you going to be doing national tv advertising?
yes its going to be we buy any postcode .com

windiewasher

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2011, 10:44:36 pm »
ordered to see how it goes! :)
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Pope vader

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »
i want to know if you get contracts that are all ready done by people on here  ie  dave morris,  does most of cornwall,  what happens if i buy newquay, u get a contracts that he does at moment, becasue he has got more vans   does he get to keep his jobs,  what happens to the job in areas where the post code isnt bought,  do they go to one fo the big boys  or the nearest person,  

as to be honest the only thing i see happening here is the big boys are setting themselves up as a national window cleaning company, they will take the cream of national contracts they get and pass on what they cant/dont want to do,

wfp master

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 10:57:12 pm »
i want to know if you get contracts that are all ready done by people on here  ie  dave morris,  does most of cornwall,  what happens if i buy newquay, u get a contracts that he does at moment, becasue he has got more vans   does he get to keep his jobs,  what happens to the job in areas where the post code isnt bought,  do they go to one fo the big boys  or the nearest person,  

as to be honest the only thing i see happening here is the big boys are setting themselves up as a national window cleaning company, they will take the cream of national contracts they get and pass on what they cant/dont want to do,
why would they be searching on the web for a w/c when they already have one  ::)

Pope vader

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2011, 11:03:12 pm »
i am on about national contracts and these change every few years,  if they really want to make it worth it, they need to be going after national contracts

because if i had a area, and found out that these had the contracts say for barclays  and there was a barclays in my area and i wasnt doing the job but dave morris was, as he did them before, so they let him carry on   i would think that it was a rip off, just to make money for the big boys, so that they could pretend to actually be a window cleaning company that covered the whole of the country