Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wfp master

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »
What a whole load of sh ite. I can't believe some of you mug's are buying into this under thought out idea. A post code is a post code, small would describe it perfectly. In fact, where I live, 10 post code's would still be small.
The guy's who are selling, seem to be for me, unprofessional/shady in a marketing sense. I would not touch it.
This idea has way too many question marks for any savvy person to pay money into.
Really, it is a load of bollox.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

david68

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »
I no expert and would not say the brightest person around.
But all that have paid for this, put the invoice through your books an this way at least you will pay less tax.

The company that owns the website that all these people are paying money in to, Fair play to you your business idea is working for you, without promising anybody any work.
This is why i say i am not the brightest person (I wish i would have created a similar website, more profit than trying to produce water fed poles etc)..

Then only thing i would have done before accepting money from window cleaners, was to make sure in any search engine, that if somebody was looking for a window cleaner in a certain area. The web site i created will at least show on the first page of the search result, put do better than that get up the top of the search page, Once this was done, then i would accept payments from window cleaners.

I did type in Google "looking for a window cleaner in a certain area and postcode"

Did not view anymore than the first page of results even the side adds, could not find this company anywhere,
I did get yel.com come within the first 5, which cost me nothing to join.

But i am not stating this is a bad idea, nothing ventured-nothing gained.

But very good idea for a quick business and could work........I may not be to late after all, i have website templates

Even know we all have ideas and different ways of approaching the way we work it.
J.V Price as introduced a new idea or redeveloped a old idea, if works could lead to more wealthy thing for the company.
Those who have paid or joined for the service on offer, could be glad they took the punt and get could results.
Those who never will say "o well" and continue making there business better.

I wasted money (£350) on a add mag called Quick Find, but not the company fault as they are well presented, but where these were delivered which was sort of the same postcode districts, nobody phone for my services for the 6 months period this was live for.

The good thing if this is done right, when humans are searching for this service, they come up very close to the top on the page.
If this works good, next thing will be plumbing ect.... sky the limit.

As from last night reading this, i can tell you i am in the process of creating a site very similar, but may never make it live, even thinking as doing it for all proceeds to go to charities (any way might be talking a lot of nonsense, but we all do sometimes)

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »
Hi look at this and when i brought my area, my brother tried it and he brought the same area..Email them but they never replied, now waiting on paypal open case.

So they sold us the same postcodes

Thanks pv price i have got your personal email about the above, but will need to speak to my brother, but as i said he is quite critical in hospital.

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

wfp master

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2011, 07:37:32 pm »
cant see it working. i think there will be a lot of disappointed people in the near future.

Smudger

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »
It's a clever idea really. The price is so low that wc's will give it a go. A few have already said on this thread "it's only a few quid" so we all pile in and the money is paid. Wish I had done it, nice easy way to make a few grand.

I decided to invest my £25 differently.

I took my £25 went to the local take-away and got a couple of Madras's with all the trimmings. Went to the corner shop while it was cooking and got two Newcastle Browns for me and a Magners Cider for the missus.   I even got some change!

A very pleasant evening for my £25 and much better value than chucking it away.

Ahh... defo the best post of the day !

Seriously - while i don't really doubt the intentions of the 'organisers' of this scheme to create a 'brand new world' i can only see it benefiting the creators !
wow a geek costs a fortune ? - also it just so happens that you just already happen to have one ! 2K on SEO so your geek will now be paid by others so your own costs are now zero ?
while you have to cover your costs and want to make a profit - as do we all - surely during this 'test & trails' period if should be totally free - with those who signed up first getting an option come Feb/March to pay fro a 12 month run ?

I'm not knocking you or the idea - for you it's a great idea but i doubt for those who shell out hard earned cash they will see
any gain at all
if i search 'local window cleaner' you get
www. window cleaner directory
www.local window clears.co.uk
www.window cleaner finder
www.touch local
www. freeindex
www.upmystreet

you'll just be another anonymous name in the list..

if i google window cleaner norfolk - my little old web site comes in 6th it's actually 3rd as 3 in front are not window cleaners
and thats for a site that cost £150 over 2 years ago - costs me £2 pm hosting and what the f*** is SEO ??

search really local to me and i'm usually top.

so i think i'll pass and hope nobody loses too much money in this venture (organisers & customers)

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

david68

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »
cant see it working. i think there will be a lot of disappointed people in the near future.

Disappointing either for those who never joined or those who did? Its a head or tail thing.

Once a vicar ask me to clean the church windows, so i did without giving a price.
Vicar said how much we owe and could i have a receipt, I replied no charge and if i have time i will do it again in the next 3 months.

Nothing was intended by doing this, but the people who use the church have made by business more comfortable.

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

wfp master

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2011, 07:58:19 pm »

Disappointing either for those who never joined or those who did? Its a head or tail thing.

Once a vicar ask me to clean the church windows, so i did without giving a price.
Vicar said how much we owe and could i have a receipt, I replied no charge and if i have time i will do it again in the next 3 months.

Nothing was intended by doing this, but the people who use the church have made by business more comfortable.

what are you blabbing on about.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »
Hi look at this and when i brought my area, my brother tried it and he brought the same area..Email them but they never replied, now waiting on paypal open case.

So they sold us the same postcodes

Thanks pv price i have got your personal email about the above, but will need to speak to my brother, but as i said he is quite critical in hospital.

Hey David,

I hope your brother is okay mate,

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

david68

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »

what are you blabbing on about.

You have a point, so i will not babble on to explain
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

andyjm1

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »
As a business we (jvprice) spend 2k a month on SEO to stay at the top of google when the site is running at its peak you will have this for a max of £50 a month

I'd ask for a refund if they're telling you you're at the top of google.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »
For the search term I have chosen COMMERCIAL WINDOW CLEANING I'm pretty sure I'm at the top of google and have been for at least a year

Frankybadboy

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2011, 09:25:51 pm »
after filling out 1st page the next page came up as

Page Not Found
Unfortunately the page you are looking for could not be found

have you got problems??????

Frankybadboy

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2011, 09:31:16 pm »
and dean?????????????

Dean Taberner

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »
It was a response to andyjm1's post Rich.

cardiffno1

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2011, 09:45:44 pm »
i dont see what a big deal it is, every has a opinion, if those want to spend there money go do it, for those who dont then dont, dont worry about what other people are doing, worry about yourself.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2011, 09:47:13 pm »
i dont see what a big deal it is, every has a opinion, if those want to spend there money go do it, for those who dont then dont, dont worry about what other people are doing, worry about yourself.

Totally agree.

H S and Son

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2011, 10:35:41 pm »
I remember when Lee Pryor started something similar to this, not exactly the same but similar enough.
I was probably it's biggest critic, at least openly I probably was. I would imagine that this scheme will be as equally useful to
other window-cleaners as that scheme was though will likely be around a little longer than Lees money-sink.

I'll give it a miss. 

Roy Harding

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 06:33:30 am »
Why don't you all put £25 - £50 pounds in a fund, and let one of the website designers on here do one for you. On a similar principle.

Roy :o

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 08:32:07 am »
2k a month on SEO????? Thats just crazy!!!

The best SEO results are organic & result from good, varied & constantly updated content,.... I reckon you're getting a bit ripped off there!

Darranvps

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 08:38:05 am »
For the search term I have chosen COMMERCIAL WINDOW CLEANING I'm pretty sure I'm at the top of google and have been for at least a year

Hi Charlie, not sure why but when I type in - Commercial Window Cleaning - on google I am now above you ;D

Well on my laptop anyway - but the main computer shows me in position 3 :P

Great idea - you beat me to it.