Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
We aim to spend over 100k on online and local advirtising in year one

If you did indeed take around £950k in year one (as  per maths above) then £950k - £100k = lots and lots of time in the Bahamas...

Vin

Rogue Trader

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
to me it initially sounded a good idea especially withj the big boy/s who are behind this and i thought i would give it a go but to buy my areas it would cost a fortune - also what i have found is that most people who need a window cleaner search geographically online and use people from the google local business center that will always come top of any geographic search just under the pay per click adds , the organic listings that come below the google local business center are the best that any seo positioning can get you and if a web site has a web link and is in the local business center it will IMO always be viewed first , For my immediate area i am already top on local business center and top of the organic listings so i wont be investing and i am in the middle of the local business center and 2nd or 4rd or 4th in the organic listings for all my surrounding towns. In terms of investing my childrens inheritance in the vein of Dragons den i am also out!!

andyjm1

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
I'll wait until they spend the £100k then think about joining.  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »
£950k would only be if every area sold and was renewed at each interval. I think realistically it would be hard to go much above 1/3rd of this figure.

If you did indeed take around £950k in year one (as  per maths above) then £950k - £100k = lots and lots of time in the Bahamas...

Vin

Rogue Trader

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »
what also puts me off this is that they have split commercial and domestic to double their revenue great for them but for the punter ie us i think it is very mean. why not just sell you an area........ Rip off comes to mind - if you know nothing about web marketing then this is for you but if you have a website and know how to join the google local business center then steer well clear IMO.

TomCrowther

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »
It's a clever idea really. The price is so low that wc's will give it a go. A few have already said on this thread "it's only a few quid" so we all pile in and the money is paid. Wish I had done it, nice easy way to make a few grand.

peter holley

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 04:41:29 pm »
I think its a good idea, but a little expensive for the interest it will generate .....personally for me , I like to target the customers I want, through canvassing or leafleting.....

one thing that has not been pointed out is that 1 lead can lead to several new jobs (on domestic )
when I paid for my yellow pages add afew years ago, on a few occasions I had calls from people in villages out of the way...... as they were isolated properties, I had to knock on their neighbours to make it worth wile.... and picked up many more jobs.....
so in one instance 2 leads led to £350 a month

regards
sparrowlegs

AuRavelling79

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »
It's a clever idea really. The price is so low that wc's will give it a go. A few have already said on this thread "it's only a few quid" so we all pile in and the money is paid. Wish I had done it, nice easy way to make a few grand.

I decided to invest my £25 differently.

I took my £25 went to the local take-away and got a couple of Madras's with all the trimmings. Went to the corner shop while it was cooking and got two Newcastle Browns for me and a Magners Cider for the missus.   I even got some change!

A very pleasant evening for my £25 and much better value than chucking it away.
It's a game of three halves!

jarvy

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 04:49:50 pm »

I took my £25 went to the local take-away and got a couple of Madras's with all the trimmings. Went to the corner shop while it was cooking and got two Newcastle Browns for me and a Magners Cider for the missus.   I even got some change!

;D ;D
+1 to that!
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:06 pm »
i had a look but when i typed my details in it kept saying page not found. anybody else have this problem as i wouldn't mind having a look at what's on offer 

Pope vader

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »
the only thing i noticed that a lot of areas are already gone,  have the big boys had there pick of the areas they want before the rest

stuart mc

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 05:23:47 pm »
the only thing i noticed that a lot of areas are already gone,  have the big boys had there pick of the areas they want before the rest

how can you tell whats gone

Frankybadboy

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2011, 05:24:05 pm »

you live the high life gold

Pope vader

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »
when u ask to buy  an area, it tells you it has gone or not

Dean Taberner

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2011, 05:43:33 pm »
what also puts me off this is that they have split commercial and domestic to double their revenue great for them but for the punter ie us i think it is very mean. why not just sell you an area........ Rip off comes to mind - if you know nothing about web marketing then this is for you but if you have a website and know how to join the google local business center then steer well clear IMO.

Some people who do commercial aren't interested in domestic and vice versa,

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »
Gold,

Never mix business with pleasure, especially if the booze and unhealthy food are involved.  8)

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »
£950k would only be if every area sold and was renewed at each interval. I think realistically it would be hard to go much above 1/3rd of this figure.

If you did indeed take around £950k in year one (as  per maths above) then £950k - £100k = lots and lots of time in the Bahamas...

Vin

OK then, assuming you're right, £320K - £100K is STILL a lot of time in the Bahamas.

£220k is even more than I earn in a month!

Vin

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »

If you did indeed take around £950k in year one (as  per maths above) then £950k - £100k = lots and lots of time in the Bahamas...

Vin

OK then, assuming you're right, £320K - £100K is STILL a lot of time in the Bahamas.

£220k is even more than I earn in a month!

Vin

Guys as stated can't go in to to much detail on here but just wanted to make a few comments

A business like this has lots of overheads namely a geek that keeps the site going at all times (not cheap), the development cost for the site that would shock you, admin, accounts, sales and such like

We did lots of market research and split the areas to commercial and residential due to feed back from 90% of the people we spoke to only doing one or the other or only looking for more work in one or another.

The way we plan to make a brand so that when people think I need a window cleaner they think of nationwide window cleaners, in many brands the hands on people never meet each other in my window cleaning company that is set up regionally staff members don't meet and know each other and pretty sure that if you work for a chain of shops you don't know everyone that works for that chain or brand

Guys Huw and I have spent a lot of time money and effort developing this idea and site we would not do that if we did not feel that it would not work one thing it does need to work though is window cleaners to support it as there is no point us running a national advertising at this point when we have not got the local guys in place to deal with the enquiries

Give it time and it will start to come together, the reason for the special offer is to trial things till we get it right and give a period so the site will prove its worth

As a business we (jvprice) spend 2k a month on SEO to stay at the top of google when the site is running at its peak you will have this for a max of £50 a month

Thanks for your time and what I can discuss on here I will,

Mods if any of this is not allowed please only delete my post as I don't want to effect the thread

Charlie

DB Cleaning Services

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »
hi charlie could you contact me please,ive bought 2 areas they have come through as residential ,i opted for comercial thanks dale.

info@dbcleaningservices.co.uk
www.dbcleaningservices.co.uk

DB Cleaning Services

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »
thanks for the quick response huw,if anyone needs to get hold of huw the number to contact him on is
07979504838 cheers dale