This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seers

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:31 am »
Hi AJ & Window Washers,

I will try and explain what happens at the moment....but I was out snow clearing all last night so it may not make sense.

Basically any email enquiries go straight to the members direct email address e.g. info@abcdecleaning.co.uk
although a record is left on our admin system where we can search the database for area/enquiry type to find out how many enquiries an area has had if somebody asks.

We were thinking of giving everyone an area@nationwide email address but I can see some problems occuring possibly. So for now we will proceed as we are at least.

I think you are worrying about us "intercepting" enquiries and quoting ourselves for the work. If this happenned we would be shooting ourselves in the foot and I would expect all members to quickly leave the website ASAP.

I'm surprised about the amount of feedback, both positive and negative, the site has caused. In it's simplest form it is a "yell.com" for just window cleaners, giving guys a bit of extra marketing on the internet if they fancy it.

If we prove successful and are still going in a year or so with a strong network of members across the UK then we would be in a great position to pursue national retail contracts as an added benefit.

In the meantime we will strive to get our members mini-sites to the top of Google for their area and promote the window cleaning directory as a whole.

As a collective I think we could achieve something, but that waits to be proved. Everyone talks about the smaller window cleaners joining together to beat the "big boys" on here every week and we've just built something which could possibly do this if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Huw

AJ

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2012, 05:07:45 pm »
Hi Huw,

I am not saying that there WILL be a conflict of interest, but for people that are intending on signing up that have not had the benefit of the posts and replies on this forum, this thought cold be at the back of their mind.

For what its worth, I think the idea of what you are trying achieve is a good one and could very well succeed.

Alan

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2012, 05:22:33 pm »
Huw, can you e-mail me your mobile or direct e-mail please

Ta
Roy
info@phoenixecs.co.uk
we succeed because others can't or won't

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2012, 06:36:20 pm »
I would like to welcome Pure Hydro Cleaners to the network with the purchase of all of Birmingham

Rogue Trader

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »
err ok but i see that william at pure hydro is already top of the organic listings for Birmingham ???

« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2012, 11:14:03 am »
err ok but i see that william at pure hydro is already top of the organic listings for Birmingham ???

no harm in being on top twice 8)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »
Hi All

we have had are best day so far with sign ups to join the network must be down to the weather.

We have 16 new contractors in the network covering 23 areas, these have all been commercial areas, lots of contractors looking at other areas as well,

we have had our first area that someone has been disappointed about that was Basingstoke Commercial that sold a couple of days ago, someone emailed yesterday looking to buy that area but we had to explain the areas can only be sold once.

We also have managed to get 3 contractors mini sites in the top 5 on page one of google in under 5 days....

Halfadaylee

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

But one cost you nothing

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2012, 02:40:39 pm »
how does paying or building a website yourself, then paying for ways to get it on the first page of google cost nothing?

But one cost you nothing

Halfadaylee

« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2012, 02:43:47 pm »
 Make, edit and host a website for free!
« on: Today at 12:00:59 pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can make a great website for your company in a few minutes. Use the simple step-by-step
tools and templates and then just add your own information, pictures and videos. It’s simple!
Anyone can build a great company website in less than 5 minutes.
And it’s all free to try for 30 days.

Click here to try it now.

In collaboration with SimpleSite Cleanitup offers you the opportunity to try making a
great looking company website yourself. You don’t need any technical or programming skills.
Anyone with a PC and net connection can build their own website in an easy, fast way in a few
minutes. You will be surprised at how easy it is! Just follow the simple step by step instructions on the screen and in less than 5 minutes you will have your own company website. And you can get your own co.uk internet address with 5 emails.

*** Your site will be listed and searchable on Google! ***

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2012, 02:46:37 pm »
it takes your time to do it, its only free for 30 days, and having a website does not mean you will be anywhere near the top of google let alone in the top 5 pages.

Make, edit and host a website for free!
« on: Today at 12:00:59 pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can make a great website for your company in a few minutes. Use the simple step-by-step
tools and templates and then just add your own information, pictures and videos. It’s simple!
Anyone can build a great company website in less than 5 minutes.
And it’s all free to try for 30 days

In collaboration with SimpleSite Cleanitup offers you the opportunity to try making a
great looking company website yourself. You don’t need any technical or programming skills.
Anyone with a PC and net connection can build their own website in an easy, fast way in a few
minutes. You will be surprised at how easy it is! Just follow the simple step by step instructions on the screen and in less than 5 minutes you will have your own company website. And you can get your own co.uk internet address with 5 emails.

*** Your site will be listed and searchable on Google! ***

Erithwc

« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2012, 02:50:40 pm »
how does paying or building a website yourself, then paying for ways to get it on the first page of google cost nothing?

But one cost you nothing

the site i had before the one i have now cost me about £30 a year hosting and i designed it myself in a few hours ;D  ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »
we have had our first area that someone has been disappointed about that was Basingstoke Commercial that sold a couple of days ago, someone emailed yesterday looking to buy that area but we had to explain the areas can only be sold once.

Oh dear what a shame, never mind  ;D

I got a call off the fella looking to buy it, he swore at me, I was heartily offended  ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »
My website costs about £7.00 a month. i did it myself. Its number one on google. I have still bought  a mini-site on NWC. Ive been in this game 14 years and anyone who thinks it isnt a numbers game is disillusioned.

« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2012, 04:04:21 pm »

But one cost you nothing

I have a seo and web company, they made my website and do the seo on it, for this I pay a yearly hosting fee and monthly seo charge.

this is just like advertising, you don't just place a single advert in one magazine and sit back and wait for the phone to ring, you need to place adverts all over the place, the more visable you are the more your phone will ring.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2012, 04:05:10 pm »

Oh dear what a shame, never mind  ;D

I got a call off the fella looking to buy it, he swore at me, I was heartily offended  ;D
is hes name steve by chance

H S and Son

« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2012, 04:08:30 pm »
Yes, but I call him f*g**t  ;D

jarvy

« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2012, 08:20:20 pm »
How are you supposed to see what areas are taken??  ???
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Window Washers

« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02:50 pm »
How are you supposed to see what areas are taken??  ???
its gone  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

g.brookes