This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2011, 11:07:57 pm »
i am on about national contracts and these change every few years,  if they really want to make it worth it, they need to be going after national contracts

because if i had a area, and found out that these had the contracts say for barclays  and there was a barclays in my area and i wasnt doing the job but dave morris was, as he did them before, so they let him carry on   i would think that it was a rip off, just to make money for the big boys, so that they could pretend to actually be a window cleaning company that covered the whole of the country

I understand what your saying there and also everyone charges completely different.Im interested to see how it does work but can see a few flaws!
Yesterday i put a quote in for a big commercial and my quote was 3 times more than the other blokes,id rather lose it than hate doing the job as i have undercharged it.
 I have took a commercial area that im trying till jan 31st,if its no good i will get rid!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Pope vader

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »
was this quote from there web site

windiewasher

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2011, 11:19:16 pm »
was this quote from there web site

which one?
the trial?
Total £  so far.

Pope vader

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2011, 11:20:35 pm »
the job you quoted yesterday

windiewasher

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2011, 11:25:15 pm »
the job you quoted yesterday
[/quot
no was from a call i got from my site!
Total £  so far.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »
Hi,

Charlie are you going to be doing national tv advertising?

We are looking into it but as yet it is not looking likely due to the costs your talking millions

we are looking at national magazines and papers

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »
charlie would you say this benefits commercial work more than domestic?
cheers

I think it will suit both as its a great way for a local residential window cleaner to come across as part of a much bigger company that builds confidence in people and the same for the commercial as well as on national commercial contracts we will have a national team of guys to carry out the works as well as the commercial single site companies in the area.

the reason for the difference in prices in going forward for commercial and residential is that we have tried to price them so if you win one site on a monthly basis it will cover the subscription, so job 2 you will be making a profit out of the site.

As a commercial company we spend 3k a month on advertising and we do this in all types of media and monitor where our new work comes from its worth every penny month after month 

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2011, 08:52:35 pm »
i am on about national contracts and these change every few years,  if they really want to make it worth it, they need to be going after national contracts

because if i had a area, and found out that these had the contracts say for barclays  and there was a barclays in my area and i wasnt doing the job but dave morris was, as he did them before, so they let him carry on   i would think that it was a rip off, just to make money for the big boys, so that they could pretend to actually be a window cleaning company that covered the whole of the country

If nationwide window cleaners wins a national retail contract the stores would go to the company that has signed up to that area, if we have other stores in areas near that have not be sold we will work with the nearest person to see if we can cover them.

This is just one part of the way that you may win new work through the site.

If JVP or Seerclean win a retail contract it will be up to that company to decide who it uses to carry out the works but let me put it this way if i have a network of 1000+ window cleaners to call upon its a no brainer in my eyes and part of the reason for backing this idea to the point it is at.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »
Charlie, further to our telephone conversation, just to confirm purchase of the following areas,

PE6
PE25
PE24
PE23
PE22
PE21
PE20
PE13
PE12
PE11
PE10
NG31
LN4
LN10

Residential and commercial

I will arrange for info and images to set up our home pages
Will also look at remaining post codes in Lincolnshire and surrounding areas next week
As I need to get spend confirmed

Will be interested in Skegness and Grimsby areas

Love the idea and you have the backing of us and all concerned

Let's get some of the Nationwde retail contracts coming this way instead of the current set up with some companies milking the values and window cleaning companies actually cleaning the windows expected to clean for stupid rates

Ps as you can see Clean Safe are already high in listings for window cleaning in Lincolnshire for both residential and commercial searches which is down to our web team, I have been given the green light to instruct them to assist 100% with working with your guys to ensure maximise optermisation and pushing Nationwide, we aim also to work with other guys in key ares like Steve at Clear Magic and Jonathan Liddle Leeds

Charlie 100% behind this

Michael

Thanks for the commitment guys

this is great we have two commercial companies that have signed up to large areas

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2011, 04:23:50 pm »
Hi All

Due to the volume of areas sold as of Monday the site will revert back to the normal price so if you thinking about it be quick, everyone that has signed up by 12pm sunday night will get the introductory offer till the end of Jan, from monday on you will have to pay a deposit and monthy subscription.

Adwords campaigns have started as well as social media campaigns

simonr

« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:33 pm »
how do i find out what areas near me are available

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2011, 05:08:29 pm »
how do i find out what areas near me are available

If you go on to the site and follow the sign up you can look for areas your intrested in if avalible it will let you purchace, if sold it will show as unavalible

Danny Guest

« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2011, 06:06:44 pm »
Im leaving this one fellas.

I clean in every area of st helens and we are expanding rounds daily. I also clean in a small area of warrington and widnes and commercials are lining up nicely but for those who have joined let me know if it goes well

Good luck
Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

stuart mc

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2011, 06:58:57 pm »
I think you need to look at some areas a bit closer, just to buy say 4 miles in any direction from my house I would need to buy 5 areas, if I wanted to cover the area I actually cover locally it would be around 9 areas, that is travelling no further than 7 miles, I would be paying about 5k a year for an add on a website that only allows me to cover 7 miles

stuart mc

« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:24 pm »
right checked a bit closer

you have two postcodes linked

but I would still need to buy 6x areas that would be £3600 a year plus vat for a very small area

Pope vader

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »
a least you can buy a area,  the area i wanted seems not to of been available from the very start

stuart mc

« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2011, 07:56:39 pm »
a least you can buy a area,  the area i wanted seems not to of been available from the very start

does dave have it?

Pope vader

« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »
dont know, 

stuart mc

« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »
give me a postcode

Perfect Windows

« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2011, 09:11:42 pm »
I think you need to look at some areas a bit closer, just to buy say 4 miles in any direction from my house I would need to buy 5 areas, if I wanted to cover the area I actually cover locally it would be around 9 areas, that is travelling no further than 7 miles, I would be paying about 5k a year for an add on a website that only allows me to cover 7 miles

And £5k a year would be the budget for 62,000 leaflets, or 280 or so customers if you convert between 0.4 and 0.5%.  I'd be amazed if you got that many though their website.

And another thing, is a domestic postcode of website in Scotland worth the same as a domestic postcode in Surrey?  I'd love to hear the argument that supports that logic.

Ah well, it might work and I might have to eat humble pie but I'll be surprised.

Vin