This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANGLASSUK

New Varistream ???? problem ??????
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »
 ??? Has anyone got one of the new varistreams , i know that a lot of people are having problems with them, my works ok for the pump it just keeps going to  ( P )
Basically it turns on then of then on then off and so on, the water keeps flowing but the flow is very slow.

I have spoke to them at williamsons pumps and they are putting it down to the hose size. ive tried a few test's and it works perfectly with the hose connector open - the flow works ok but when you connect the pole hose it starts to flash ( P ) again, so my conclusion is that the pole hose is to restrictive for the flow ?

Has anyone else had this problem and has anyone come up with an idea to sort it. i thought that the only way to stop this is to get large mm pole hose, but every pole you buy comes with the 5mm hose ???????

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: New Varistream ???? problem ??????
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:52:08 pm »
You just need to increase the pressure cut off value. ;)

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »
ive tried that? was first thing i tried doesnt matter if you have it on 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f  still does the same thing !!!!!!!

STEVE-UK

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »
put tricoflex on your pole!!

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »
very funny steve,  it works ok it doesnt cut off like you said, its just like youve got it on setting 3 flow all day the rinse is bad

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:56:33 pm »
put tricoflex on your pole!!
i was think of using 50 mm hoover hose to solve the problem  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »
Are you altering the pressure or the flow?

Microbore or Minibore?

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »
Are you altering the pressure or the flow?
 ????????????? please explain

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »
will call you in a mo

BORBRYCE

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 06:00:58 pm »
Have you begun to set the pressure cut off by pressing the up and down buttons for three seconds together.
It will flash and you have to set it manually, have you done this?

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »
Well the pressure, as you probably know, is altered by pressing the two buttons together until the setting flashes then you set the pressure up or down, turn the unit off and back on and it memorises the new setting. The flow is just up or down and can be altered at any time even with the pole valve open.

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
Have you begun to set the pressure cut off by pressing the up and down buttons for three seconds together.
It will flash and you have to set it manually, have you done this?
yes this has been done , tried it on all settings still no joy. so i called williamsons and they say it's most likely the hose size restricting the flow ???

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:06:41 pm »
Well the pressure, as you probably know, is altered by pressing the two buttons together until the setting flashes then you set the pressure up or down, turn the unit off and back on and it memorises the new setting. The flow is just up or down and can be altered at any time even with the pole valve open.
ok yes ive tried both, thats why i called williamsons to sort it, they say the hose is restricting the flow ????. the hose 8 mm isnt restricting it but whem you connect the pole hose 5mm thats when the problem starts

BORBRYCE

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
Williamson recommend taking the wire off the pump pressure switch. I have done this and work with 6mm with no problems. Havee you pulled the wire off the pump switch?

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:11 pm »
Only other thing I can think of is a kink in the pole hose or squashed hose either on the tapered thread on top of the pole or a twist inside the pole where you can't normally see it.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 06:14:15 pm »
Does the pole hose have a blockage in it or the jets?

Do you have another pole you could try it with?

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »
Williamson recommend taking the wire off the pump pressure switch. I have done this and work with 6mm with no problems. Havee you pulled the wire off the pump switch?
ronnie can you take a pic so i can see how yours is wired !!!

BORBRYCE

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
Black from the back of varistream goes to negative on battery.
Brown and white from back of varistream goes to positive on battery
Red from bottom of varistream goes to red pump wire
Black from bottom of varistream goes to black pump wire
It's a shurflo pump with pressure switch at the black plastic end, just pull the wire free at the spade connector.

Spruce

Re: New Varistream ???? problem ?????? New
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 07:48:35 pm »
P in when the shut off pressure has been reached.

We have a new Varistream and it works perfectly with the speed setting on 4 through 100m of partially unwound minbore hose to the brush head with 2 x 2mm jets. Our pressure setting is set on c.

My advice is to unreel all the hose and look for kinks. I can't see how there is no difference when adjusting the pressure setting.
What pump are you using? Is it compatable with the Varistream if it isn't a Shurflo.
Check that all the Hoselok fitting are working properly.

We had a stupid situation develope with a brass water stop Hozelok connector on the hose to reel the other day. This connector was about 2 months old and for no reason pushing the brass connector into the hose reel connector only partially opened the stop. Prior to this is worked perfectly. So the water supply to the hose reel was restricted. It took me ages to work that out as I thought the problem was due to a flat Leisure Battery as the symptoms were the same.

As I didn't need the shutoff anyway, I stripped the connector, removed the stop valve and problem was solved.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)